PDA

View Full Version : The league is not fixed

Mitchy moo
01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
You know the league was drooling for another Indy / NE game, the rematch. They get NE VS a SD team with both their starting RB / QB with freshly hurt knees.

Plan on the line being NE +16.

odin
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
They certainly tried... All the big calls were iffy.

Nighthawk
01-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Hmmm, maybe or maybe not, but I do find it interesting that the Packers are suddenly good and Favre has hinted at retirement. Now they probably go to the SB against a undefeated Pats team and BOOM...an upset and Favre rides of into retirement on top. Sounds like a script from Hollywood...if you ask me.

theanswer74
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
People act like refing a pro sport is like adding 2 + 2.

These players are moving so fast and every call is subjective.

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I honestly think Favre comes back next year, no matter what. He's proven that he can still be a very good QB, and he loves the game more than anything.

Ickybaluky
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Hmmm, maybe or maybe not, but I do find it interesting that the Packers are suddenly good and Favre has hinted at retirement.

Green Bay was 8-8 last year, finishing the season with 4 straight wins. It isn't like they came completely out of nowhere, they were tabbed as an up-and-coming team this season early on. I think the surprise is that they came together faster than expected, given they have a lot of young players.

That said, Mike McCarthy deserves a lot of credit for Green Bay's resurgence. He is now 22-11 in two NFL seasons, with his latest victory being in the playoffs. That shows getting the right guy in charge makes all the difference in the world.

Besides, Favre has backed off his retirement talk. He is already talking about returning next year.

DynaPaul
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Having San Diego versus New England in the AFC championship pretty much assures the Patriots of going to another Super Bowl.