PDA

View Full Version : billy volek

djjimkelly
01-14-2008, 10:25 AM
how much different would the bills last 5-6 years be if we would have signed billy volek in that first year under donahoe.

if everyone remembers we had him in here then titans promised him the job once mcnair was out so he didnt sign here.

hes a 300 yard master if everyone remembers that one year the titans was throwing for 300 every week.

just a thought how much different would the bills be if we had of signed him.

it probably would have meant no bledsoe no losman 2 extra first rounder on this team. things would be alot different

imbondz
01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Volek is not a starter. good backup, but not a starter

Static
01-14-2008, 10:36 AM
He's so great he went from one back-up job to another.

trapezeus
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
i saw volek play vs the broncos and the annoucers said that he was essentially auditioning for next year. and with a substantial lead over a decimated broncos, he couldn't make the simple throws.

i do remember the hype surrounding him, but i also thought that was in the middle of bledsoe's demise, pre-jp.

Either way, i'm ok with how things have played out provided that the bills get better next year.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Remember how everyone thought Matt Schaub was the chits, based on limited backup duty? LaMont Jordan anyone? Chester Taylor? AJ Feeley? Peerless Price? Bill Schroeder? Any of these guys ring a bell?

Point is, with rare exceptions, a lot of times backups are backups because that's what they are.

Gunzlingr
01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Chester Taylor has been an animal.

Elminster
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
I'd bring him in as a back-up, maybe even let him compete for the job, knowing full well he probably won't win it. I think he is much more similar in play to Edwards than Losman is or ever will be, which is why I don't think we should retain Losman. What happens when Losman is inserted into an offense built around Edwards? He'll probably be terrible. He's better than some roster-filling chump even then, but if Volek is available and willing, then he's a much better option than JP.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Chester Taylor has been an animal.
Alright fine strike him off the list and add Quentin Griffin/Amos Zereoue/Troy Hambrick

RingofFire
01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
what about Willie Parker... huh MM you clown :)

Buffatexas
01-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Remember how everyone thought Matt Schaub was the chits, based on limited backup duty? LaMont Jordan anyone? Chester Taylor? AJ Feeley? Peerless Price? Bill Schroeder? Any of these guys ring a bell?

Point is, with rare exceptions, a lot of times backups are backups because that's what they are.

and more importantly, Rob Johnson

Novacane
01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
We may be better off. Bledsoe and JP were wastes so maybe the first rounders we gave up for them would have made an impact. Volek would'nt have.

dannyek71
01-15-2008, 07:15 AM
See Kelly Holcomb, Bob Griese etc...

The Spaz
01-15-2008, 07:25 AM

What was wrong with Schaub before he got hurt?

Jan Reimers
01-15-2008, 07:36 AM
It's hard to make a judgment on a guy who plays so little. He's a good backup who performs decently in limited appearances. But there's also a reason why he's been a career backup.

Whether he would be a good full time starter is another matter.

Oaf
01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I remember Volek would routinely kick our ass in the preseason haha.