PDA

View Full Version : I guess OC isn't too important considering...

HHURRICANE
01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
We were so good on Offense this year that we don't even need to interview a canidate. Impressive.

Schonert is going to be a joke.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Yet Kevin Gilbride is going to the NFC Championship.

Life sucks. :hang:

bigbub2352
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
The only philsophy that OBD is looking at is what can they do on offense without stuntin the growth of Trent, and that is why everything will remain inside, look at it two ways, the transition period for Schonert to take over will be minimal, but do u wanna promote someone we fired 4yrs ago, and do u want anything to do with the remenants of what Stever Asschild left here?

I sure dont, but DJ and the new FO will not do anything to make a splash, and they will promote from within, and we could potentially have the same offense in place with some tweaks,

Well they better be some pretty big Tweaks
Schonert better also realize we need some players in here, not be satisfied with what we got, and hope PPrice can come back form injury, and Royal will emerge now, bull **** we need players!
Hope they are not too satified with mediocracy

Mahdi
01-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Yet Kevin Gilbride is going to the NFC Championship.

Life sucks. :hang:
Proof that Bills Fans never learn....

colin
01-14-2008, 11:37 AM
if jason peters didn't get hurt, and we didn't have 2 complete special teams melt downs against the giants they wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

then coughlin and gilbride would be out on their ass, and you guys wouldn't want him to come here.

we need some players on O (one WR, one TE, an interior lineman) and for our all first year backfield to improve as they should with experience.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Proof that Bills Fans never learn....
What's the lesson?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
The simple fact they haven't filled OC position means that they are looking hard inside and out.

I disagree Schonert will be joke because noone knows. But Schonert is right at OBD, right? If they are going to promote him, they could've easily interviewed him and get it over with by now.

So what is Jauron waiting for? Just to tease Schonert a bit?

HHURRICANE
01-14-2008, 12:16 PM
The simple fact they haven't filled OC position means that they are looking hard inside and out.

I disagree Schonert will be joke because noone knows. But Schonert is right at OBD, right? If they are going to promote him, they could've easily interviewed him and get it over with by now.

So what is Jauron waiting for? Just to tease Schonert a bit?

Well every team in the league reports interviews so how can we be looking hard outside when not one canidate has come to Buffalo?

I believe both Cameron and Martz are hired and we never even brought them in. What are we waiting for?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-14-2008, 12:32 PM
So your logic is we are waiting for Schonert? Making a lot of sense there!!!

Jauron seems like a straight shooter. Maybe too straightforward for my liking. If he say big change. Then maybe he's turning that way.

Maybe he has eye on someone who's still playing? I guess he must announce to the world to make some people happy.

historypete
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
The thing I can't understand is why not bring in some guys for interviews. Its not like Schonert is inheriting an offensive juggernaut. Bring in some other guys, get some different ideas flowing. Maybe you'll find someone with a more aggressive approach to running an offense that you like. But then again this is Jauron, and his idea of an offense is not to win the game, but keep the mistakes limited and try to score just enough to eak out a win. Unfortunately, Fairchild couldn't do that and to think Schonert will by employing a similar offense is nieve. If we promote anyone to offensive coordinator from within it should be Van Pelt because at least he has been around creative offensive people as a player.

Jeff1220
01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Teams can't bring in guys if the guys they want to interview are currently in the playoffs.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Coaches talk. Interview is just a formality, often for two people who don't know each other.

I have no doubt Jauron is talking to people and I bet his answering machine is filled with messages from wanna-be job seekers.

But obviously he has not found a level of comfort about anyone from self promoters, word of mouth, freind recommendations in order for him to bring someone in for a formal interview. Or those he wants to explore more told him that they want to wait for HC positions first.

There is usually a shake-up after the season. Front office first, HC next, then the rest of staff. Don't laugh about big names - who knows GB head coach before he went in there?

ParanoidAndroid
01-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Teams can't bring in guys if the guys they want to interview are currently in the playoffs.

Ray Sherman, please. That is IF they want to go outside and it's someone in the payoffs. He's probably the most qualified.

Mahdi
01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
What's the lesson?
That we like to throw coordinators and coaches under the bus before we actually provide them with adequate players to work with.... and then they go to other teams and flourish with the talent they are given.

YardRat
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
I hope Turk gets the job. His performance will be a lot more evidential of the argument about crappy play-calling.

Jeff1220
01-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I was just on the Packers' home page checking out there staff, mailny because I wanted to see who their OL coach was (that line has been great) and I came across a pretty good surprise at seeing who their QB coach is...
http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/clements_tom/

Their line guys are very green in experience. Not sure either is promotable at this point.

djjimkelly
01-14-2008, 04:38 PM
promotion from within could a be aserious positive for 2009 it could help end this mockery we are dealing with right now with jauron.

let dick keep making mistakes it will be his demise

Nighthawk
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Promoting from within from an organization that has proved nothing but that it can lose on a consistent basis, is absolutely ludicrous. Hey, but it's how it works at One Bills Drive. Who cares about a championship, they just want to make sure they like each other over there!