• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Campbell won't negotiate with Sabres until after season

The chance to re-sign Sabres defenseman Brian Campbell has passed for now. Campbell said today he is done negotiating with the team until the end of the season. Campbell, the Sabres' lone All-Star, becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.

It sounds as if they tried (and we know they did earlier this year) and we also heard Campbell's agent *****ing a few weeks ago about the lack/slowness of negotiations.

Personally, I will not miss him if he leaves as much as Drury or Briere.

He willbe even more overpaid than some of the other FA's.

I would like to know how much was worked on this earlier this year.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Campbell won't negotiate with Sabres until after season

****ing Larry Quinn, we are gonna be known as the team that devlops talent for other teams
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

PATHETIC! Nice job, Darcy!

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

I'm at a loss of words. No matter what lets always back the players. Lets overpay no matter who it is. The players are always right, the FO is always wrong.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

We will miss his puck handling but his defense in his own end left something to be desired. We should have negotiated with him before his season gathered steam . I doubt if Quinn was actually serious about dealing with him anyways. Him and Golisano are two cheap bastards. We should trade him before the deadline and at least get something for him.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            I'm at a loss of words. No matter what lets always back the players. Lets overpay no matter who it is. The players are always right, the FO is always wrong.
            Our FO and their history speaks for itself, why wouldn't we be skeptical about them? Everyone else is getting their good players under contract, look at Ottawa.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
              PATHETIC! Nice job, Darcy!
              lol!

It always Darcy isn't it?

Nothing to do with Quinn or your boy in Rochester, huh?

Comment

• Dude
                that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                • Feb 2005

I blame The Slug.TM

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

I'm going to blame this on your brother too.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

trade him, might as well get someone to overpay for him. once they say they won't negotiate till the end of the season that means they won't negotiate at all. He's a good defensemen but he's overated. I'll stand behind the sabres on this one. The kind of money he can get on the market he's not worth. Might as well blow it up now and get some value instead of losing these players for nothing. The damage has already been done with the lose of drury and briere. I saw blow it up vanek, stafford, mcarthur, roy, miller are the core. time to rebuild around them. Hell trade miller as well enroth looks like a stud, im just done with this team good job darcy way to miss the window.

Comment

• Dude
                      that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      I'm going to blame this on your brother too.
                      While you're at it, blame him for not resigning Drury, Briere, et al, and for the Sabres not winning the Cup.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

This is a perfect reminder of why I've stopped posting in here... There is a thread about Campbell being an All Star where everybody is *****ing and saying he's not deserving and he hasn't played well and blah blah blah...

Now you're all going to ***** about how we're not throwing a bunch of cash at him to keep him here??

What the hell do you guys want... besides something you can ***** about?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                          This is a perfect reminder of why I've stopped posting in here... There is a thread about Campbell being an All Star where everybody is *****ing and saying he's not deserving and he hasn't played well and blah blah blah...

Now you're all going to ***** about how we're not throwing a bunch of cash at him to keep him here??

What the hell do you guys want... besides something you can ***** about?
                          My ***** is that if they would have got this done earlier we wouldn't have to pay him all-start money. This FO has no foresight when it comes to paying players. They say they have changed their negotiating policies but we are going down the same road again. It is too late now, I wouldn't want Soupy back because we probably will have to overpay him. I think we have plenty to not be happy about once again. I still have a bad taste when I think of last years negotiating or lack there of debacle. It is pretty clear that they have no intent on bargaining in good faith to keep their good players. They are too ****ing cheap.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                            This FO has no foresight when it comes to paying players.
                            Ding ding ding.

They're like students who don't start their term paper until the night before it's due. Their tactics are slow-footed, alienating and just plain dumb, and they act like victims of skyrocketing salaries when in fact they're part of the problem. Pussyfooting contributes to overpaying; it's the open market that drives up salaries, and the only way to keep them in check is for teams to lock up their players way in advance, and foster loyalty and good faith. That doesn't exist here.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

They couldn't negotiate with him until this season, as per the CBA.

And he was an All-Star last year, so that cat was out of the bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X