PDA

View Full Version : Who is most to blame for the Sabres losing FA's?

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Whom deserves the MOST blame?

RockStar36
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Other:

I'd say that the FO is partially to blame but I don't think they should be getting 100% of the wrath like some people say. The players have a hand in this as well. They aren't always the perfect little ones like fans think.

Dude
01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Other should be "A combination of FO and players."

And there is no option for The Slug. You have to hold the logo accountable in this whole mess.

mchurchfie
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
My other is a combination of Quinn and Golisano. Quinn caused all kinds of problems when he was here before and I am sure he is instrumental in the lack of progress now. The main blame should go to Gloisano though. He is the owner and he has the ultimate say over his team. So far all he has down in the last two years is to watch Quinn and Regier to a certain extent piss it away.:cynic:

bigbub2352
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Quinn is the reason, i gurantee it, he is a peice of garbage, and needs to go, were has Tommy G been?, hiding, until we get some players in here, wtf happended to this team my god i am ashamed

YardRat
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Other...It's the economic market the team is based in.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
The Players agents, they're the ones that tell the players to wait until UFA then try to get them these big deals that the Sabres can't afford.

SabreEleven
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Tommy G., because he'll blow millions and millions to get elected but he won't blow a few bucks to bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo and Quinn is a cheap bastard and fits nicely into that little equation.

Nighthawk
01-14-2008, 05:31 PM
This is on the entire FO and NOT the players. The FO has established the way they do business and it is not good. The players see what has happened and how this organization has treated previous star players and it makes it very difficult to get contracts done. This organization has turned into one of the biggest jokes in the NHL. Nice job, guys!!!

Ebenezer
01-14-2008, 11:23 PM
the fish rots from the head down....TG

JD
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Golisano is relatively new at money management for his team so I'm pretty sure Quinn is the one doing his dirty work, making sure Golly is turning a profit in this whole mess. Too bad neither of them realize what they had until its gone. A winning team equals money and it takes money to make that winning ****ing team so its time to man up or just let someone else take over.

Ebenezer
01-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Golisano is relatively new at money management for his team so I'm pretty sure Quinn is the one doing his dirty work, making sure Golly is turning a profit in this whole mess. Too bad neither of them realize what they had until its gone. A winning team equals money and it takes money to make that winning ****ing team so its time to man up or just let someone else take over.
TG didn't get rich by being stupid...you can bet there has been a plan all along...

Michael82
01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Quinn is the one that gave us the slug, he's the one who scrapped the scouting staff, and he's the one that is probably guiding Darcy to lowball the players. He's scum! :mad:

Ebenezer
01-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Quinn is the one that gave us the slug, he's the one who scrapped the scouting staff, and he's the one that is probably guiding Darcy to lowball the players. He's scum! :mad:
go up one step mikey....blame the one man you refuse to name. stop defending the great rochesterian.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2008, 06:03 AM

Slug. Slug. Slug. Slug. Slug. Slug. Slug.

I am going add that word to a special auto-edit function for you only.

Dude
01-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Enough with the ****ing slug. :rolleyes:

RockStar36
01-15-2008, 10:12 AM

But in the other thread is was all "Pathetic Darcy's" fault. Make up your mind.

Michael82
01-15-2008, 11:11 AM
But in the other thread is was all "Pathetic Darcy's" fault. Make up your mind.
Darcy is definitely at fault, but it's Quinn who is controlling the strings. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Darcy is definitely at fault, but it's Quinn who is controlling the strings. :ill:

If Darcy does not get approval to give player X 6 million per season, how is it his fault?

Meathead
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
you can bet there has been a plan all along...
yes there is a plan and theyve come right out and said it

they feel the market is overpaying for free agents and they arent going to play that game. period

they are going to do the developmental thing and intend to keep filling the roster with less expensive - in their minds good but not overpaid - players to keep the team more competitive over the long haul

now that would make sense and i could live with that except for one huge thing. they messed up the whole scenario by losing both their captains (very good players) and then being forced to seriously overpay for a guy that may or may not ever be a very good player

now their hands are tied in trying to retain who i think is their best defenseman who looks to be becoming a bonafide star in this league

its seriously shaking my confidence in their ability to make their chosen system work

Ebenezer
01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
go one step higher mikey...come on...you can do it...place the blame where it belongs...

SabreEleven
01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
now their hands are tied in trying to retain who i think is their best defenseman who looks to be becoming a bonafide star in this league

Campbell plays when he is in the mood.