• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Take a look at this email

Well, a few days ago I wrote an email to bb.com writer Chris Brown. He kept posting stuff about two of the Bills were hunting together and all this other stuff not related to the GM search or OC search. He just wrote me back today. Here is what I wrote, then under it is his response:

Sent: Wed 1/9/2008 7:02 PM
    To: AskChris
    Subject: come on!

Give us some news we really care about like the GM search and OC search!!! We're dying out here!!!!! Come on!!! I'm sure you know SOMETHING!!!

Thanks and Go Bills!

Terry
    San Jose, CA

Terrence,
    I respect your need to know. Please understand I'm forced to operate under team guidelines, which prohibits me from providing certain information that I've gathered until it's "official." Believe me when I tell you it's as frustrating for me as it is for you. I want to get you everything I gather as fast as I get it. But the powers that be prevent me from doing that. Trust me when I tell you that I've explained time and again to those above me that fans want to get this info from us, but I have been unsuccessful in convincing them. Sit tight and I'll keep fighting the fight.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Take a look at this email

He's a yes-man.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      He's a yes-man.
      And if he wasn't he wouldn't have a job and they would just bring in another one. Don't shoot the messenger.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

He's a yes-man.
        And he's basically all we have when it comes to whats going on inside 1 Bills Drive!
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Was there a negative tone taken from my post? Just stating a fact, not being judgemental.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

His opinions are useless and you might as well be listening to Ralphy talk when he posts his crap.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I can appreciate Brown's position. He really does have access to far more information than a typical reporter might. The Bills grant him that access on the condition that he keeps it buttoned when they tell him to stay quiet. If he broke a story that the Bills wanted to keep quiet, I'm sure he'd be gone instantly.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                His opinions are useless and you might as well be listening to Ralphy talk when he posts his crap.
                Would you want his job?
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by superbills
                  Would you want his job?
                  Nope...but it doesn't change the fact that his opinions are useless because of the restrictions put on him.

Comment

• superbills
                    • Mar 2003

So ignore his opinions and focus on the facts. There are times that he gives us some insight on what's going on behind the scenes and information that we would have to wait for if it were coming from sources outside of the organization. It doesn't make him useless, just not as useful as we'd all like. Give the guy a break.
                    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                    Ronald Reagan
                    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      I can appreciate Brown's position. He really does have access to far more information than a typical reporter might. The Bills grant him that access on the condition that he keeps it buttoned when they tell him to stay quiet. If he broke a story that the Bills wanted to keep quiet, I'm sure he'd be gone instantly.
                      Absolutely.

With anything that comes from an "inside" source like this, you have to read between the lines of what Chris Brown writes. He'll drop little tidbits of information here and there that are useful if you want to get an impression of what is going on inside OBD. But, his hands are tied a lot.

When it comes to some things, like the draft, I sometimes get the impression that he gets fed a lot of false information to obscure what the team is really planning to do. He did mention that the Bills had a good interview with Whitner at the Combine a couple of years ago and that Lynch was a possibility last year, but he also threw out a lot of information about other players and played up their interest in a couple of the players who were possible alternatives to the one that they ended up taking on both occasions.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Was there a negative tone taken from my post? Just stating a fact, not being judgemental.
                        here allow me to add the negative tone, he's a puppet.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                          Well, a few days ago I wrote an email to bb.com writer Chris Brown. He kept posting stuff about two of the Bills were hunting together and all this other stuff not related to the GM search or OC search. He just wrote me back today. Here is what I wrote, then under it is his response:

Sent: Wed 1/9/2008 7:02 PM
                          To: AskChris
                          Subject: come on!

Give us some news we really care about like the GM search and OC search!!! We're dying out here!!!!! Come on!!! I'm sure you know SOMETHING!!!

Thanks and Go Bills!

Terry
                          San Jose, CA

Terrence,
                          I respect your need to know. Please understand I'm forced to operate under team guidelines, which prohibits me from providing certain information that I've gathered until it's "official." Believe me when I tell you it's as frustrating for me as it is for you. I want to get you everything I gather as fast as I get it. But the powers that be prevent me from doing that. Trust me when I tell you that I've explained time and again to those above me that fans want to get this info from us, but I have been unsuccessful in convincing them. Sit tight and I'll keep fighting the fight.
                          It's like I have always thought....Chris Brown is nothing but a puppet. He speaks when they tell him to and keeps his mouth shut other times.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

Brown does what he can within the confines of his position. He seems to try to offer insights as he sees it, he just isn't allowed to break certain stories until he gets the official go-ahead.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

He is a yes-man but if he was not we would have even less information about the inner-workings of the Bills.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X