PDA

View Full Version : East-West Shrine Game Thread

DraftBoy
01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Ill be posting news relating to this game and practice notes as I get them, if we could keep them all in this thread that would be great!

Day 1 Practice Notes:
http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08%20Shrine%20Day%201%20Notes.php

Josh Johnson, QB, SD – star of the west practice -very smooth footwork dropping back from center - holds the ball high and out of danger while in the pocket – keeps head downfield while evading pressure – glides when on the run, makes defenders take bad angles – effortless change of direction on the run – some of his passes were flutterballs.

:db:

DraftBoy
01-15-2008, 10:04 AM
More Notes:
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=761797

Night Train
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Marcus Henry, WR, Kansas – long limbed, good possession WR frame – good hands, catches ball away from body – had a nice over the shoulder catch.

Lionel Dotson, DT, Arizona – forced at least two bad throws with pressure.

2 to watch Saturday. Thanks DB.
<!-- END OF ARTICLE TEXT -->

DraftBoy
01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
As always you are welcome!

DraftBoy
01-17-2008, 01:42 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5461932.html

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08%20Shrine%20Day%202%20Notes.php-Day 2 Notes

patmoran2006
01-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Can you post a list of some of the bigger names playing in the game at postions the Bills may target in the draft; such as WR, TE, DT, LB and CB.

DraftBoy
01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Of course!

East Roster:
WR Jerome Simpson-Coastal Carolina
DB Caleb Campbell-Army
WR Paul Hubbard-Wisconsin
DB Trae Williams-South Florida
FB Adam Ballard-Navy
DB Jonathan Zenon-LSU
LB Jolon Dunbarr-Boston College
LB Jonathan Goff-Vanderbilt
LB/DE Curtis Johnston-Clarke Atlanta
LB Gary Guyton-Georgia Tech
OL Brandon Barnes-Grand Valley State
OL Andrew Crummey-Maryland
OL Fernando Velasco-Georgia
OL Jeremy Zuttah-Rutgers
OL Pedro Sosa-Rutgers
TE Drew Atchison-William & Mary
DL Kendall Langford-Hampton

West:
QB Kevin McConnell-San Diego State
QB Josh Johnson-San Diego
CB Dwight Lowery-San Jose State
WR Jason Rivers-Hawaii
TE JoeJon Finley-Oklahoma
WR Marcus Henry-Kansas
DL Chase Ortiz-TCU
DL Tommy Blake-TCU

TigerJ
01-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Here's notes from day three practice.

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/08%20Shrine%20Day%203%20Notes.php

DraftBoy
01-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Josh Johnson is really shining in practice, I really would like us to pick him up as a potential project QB, in say Rd 4

Night Train
01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Jerome Simpson,WR, Coastal Carolina - huge hands and good body control projects as possession WR. Very crisp on hook routes. Improved as the week went on.

Marcus Henry, WR, Kansas - Still using huge frame to block out and long arms to make great hands catches. Could be great 3rd down WR at the next level looks like Colston with less burst after the catch.

Gary Barnidge, TE, Louisville - beat some LBs in the middle of the field seems to have good receiving instincts.

Todd Blythe, WR, Iowa State - continues to impress with athleticism, hands and toughness. Stock should rise.

Athyba Rubin, DT, Iowa State - very solid build for such a massive kid, great penetration and blows up plays.

Justin Tryon, CB, Arizona St - like Wilhite, greatly improved his draft stock with aggressive play and lots of pass break ups. Had a few near INTs and did a terrific job anticipating the WRs route. Really trusts what he sees.

Jonathan Wilhite, CB, Auburn - outstanding week, consistently breaking up passes. Greatly improved his draft stock from UDFA to mid round, could go higher with good combine. Very aggressive and instinctive.

Guys I'll watch closely Saturday night.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2008, 06:53 PM
I have an eye on WR Paul Hubbard as a possible 4th/5th round pick... I believe he may be a steal.

I was feeling the same about Jason Witten in 2003... I was very surprised the Bills let him pass to the Cowboys in round 3.

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Started bout 30 mins ago, East just went up 3-0, so far Anthony Morelli looks inaccurate but has an NFL arm. So nothing really new, I gotta head out to get some dinner but Ill be watching this all night and live blogging as I see things.

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Josh Johnson's first drive was money and he's Marshawn Lynch's cousin!!!

hydro
01-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Josh Johnson's first drive was money and he's Marshawn Lynch's cousin!!!
Thats interesting! He probably would be interested in coming here with that said.

:bandwagon

hydro
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
That was a heck of a play there...

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Three passes should of easily been caught and an amazing run by Johnson, this guy is the real deal!!!

Night Train
01-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Three passes should of easily been caught and an amazing run by Johnson, this guy is the real deal!!!
He's the only guy really showing anything in this game. I'll watch the recording again but it's been a fairly dull 1st half. Hopefully, the play will pick up during the 2nd half.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Josh Johnson is really shining in practice, I really would like us to pick him up as a potential project QB, in say Rd 4

I'd like Kevin O'Connell...potential project QB as well, but instead of Rd 4, he's more a Rd 6 type of guy. Depending on how well he does in combine.

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
I absolutely hate Keller's throwing motion

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Bejesus this kid can run like no other

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Throws that one with a guy on his arm

DraftBoy
01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Put Johnson in to close out the game!

Night Train
01-20-2008, 05:51 AM
Put Johnson in to close out the game!

He was the best player by a mile in this game. You can't teach athletic ability like that. Why they kept comparing him to Tavarus Jackson coming out is puzzling. Jackson was never this good running and throwing, prior to last years draft.

I certainly can't recall seeing a QB who threw for 43 TD's and only 1 INT in a season. I don't care what level you're playing on. That's insane.

5th round projection ? I bet he just moved up.

DraftBoy
01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Josh Johnson is currently a 3rd-4th rd pick and right now he may be a low 2nd rounder. He played very well last night but he did not put up guady stats (mainly bc of 3 big drops) but he showed a lot. If he is there in Rd 3, I see no reason why Buffalo should not take him. He needs time to adjust and get bigger, he would be the #3 guy next year, and then #2 the following. We would know what we had in Trent by then and if he pans out he could be special. This kid has franchise QB written all over him, and Ive been talking about him since week 2!