PDA

View Full Version : Fun to Mock

jdbillsfan
01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I can't wait until Free Agency and the Draft. Such a fun part of the season. I think the Bills will at least sign one or two players in FA to fill their holes.

What do you think of this draft?

1) Keith Rivers. OLB USC. I like Dan Connor too, but since Rivers is a natural OLB, I would rather have him there and keep POZ inside. I am not sure where Highsmith will project, but I like him too.

2) Dustin Keller. TE Purdue. TE is such a big hole on our team. I don't think any are worthy of the 11 pick though. That could change. I think a few TE's will be available at this spot.

3a) Patrick Lee. CB Auburn. Bills need some size and depth at this position. Physical.

3b) Red Bryant. DT Texas A&M. Big Run stopping DT.

4) Jordy Nelson. WR K-State. Big WR. Good hands and Routes. Best route runner in the draft maybe? A bigger Brandon Stokely.

5) Owen Schmitt. FB WVA. Not sure if the no fullback philoshpy has changed at OBD, but if it has, I think he would help out Marshawn in short yardage. Brings some energy and toughness. I am guessing they dont go FB in the draft though.

6a) Marcus Monk. WR Arkanasa. Big WR..6-6. Had a down senior year.

6b) Barry Booker. DT Virginia Tech. Very disruptive DT from Virginia Tech. Good size.

7) Josh Johnson. QB San Diego.

DraftBoy
01-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Love the 7th Round Pick!

Not bad overall though

Mahdi
01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I can't wait until Free Agency and the Draft. Such a fun part of the season. I think the Bills will at least sign one or two players in FA to fill their holes.

What do you think of this draft?

1) Keith Rivers. OLB USC. I like Dan Connor too, but since Rivers is a natural OLB, I would rather have him there and keep POZ inside. I am not sure where Highsmith will project, but I like him too.

2) Dustin Keller. TE Purdue. TE is such a big hole on our team. I don't think any are worthy of the 11 pick though. That could change. I think a few TE's will be available at this spot.

3a) Patrick Lee. CB Auburn. Bills need some size and depth at this position. Physical.

3b) Red Bryant. DT Texas A&M. Big Run stopping DT.

4) Jordy Nelson. WR K-State. Big WR. Good hands and Routes. Best route runner in the draft maybe? A bigger Brandon Stokely.

5) Owen Schmitt. FB WVA. Not sure if the no fullback philoshpy has changed at OBD, but if it has, I think he would help out Marshawn in short yardage. Brings some energy and toughness. I am guessing they dont go FB in the draft though.

6a) Marcus Monk. WR Arkanasa. Big WR..6-6. Had a down senior year.

6b) Barry Booker. DT Virginia Tech. Very disruptive DT from Virginia Tech. Good size.

7) Josh Johnson. QB San Diego.
I like yer first 2 picks,,, not crazy about the third round guys,,,, the 3rd rounders are valuable picks and I dont see that a CB in the 3rd will be much of an upgrade over Greer who had a great season and Youboty who seemed to be coming around.

Red Bryant doesnt seem like a fit in our Defense.

EDS
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I like it.

Yasgur's Farm
01-16-2008, 06:35 AM
1- TE Martellus Bennett
2- WR Adarious Bowman
3a- DT Red Bryant
3b- CB Charles Godfrey
4- TE Dustin Keller
5a- DE Chris Harrington
5b- C Jamey Richard (UB boy)
6- ILB Ben Moffitt
7a- OG Shannon Tevage
7b- OT Breno Giacomini

tampabay25690
01-16-2008, 07:19 AM
1- TE Martellus Bennett
2- WR Adarious Bowman
3a- DT Red Bryant
3b- CB Charles Godfrey
4- TE Dustin Keller
5a- DE Chris Harrington
5b- C Jamey Richard (UB boy)
6- ILB Ben Moffitt
7a- OG Shannon Tevage
7b- OT Breno Giacomini

Well thats a differnt draft.
I think the BILLS will definitely go Defense inthe 1st and possiblky 2nd. WR is loaded in this draft and I still htink we could drfat a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd. We need OLB, and DT bad on this team and that where they should go in the 1st. I agree we need a TE and WR, but lot deeper then the 2 Defensive postions we need...

kernowboy
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I anticipate we might trade down and get an extra Day1 pick (a R2 maybe). Considering this ... here we go

R1. Pat Sims DT ... massive load in the middle
R2a. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
R2b. John Carlson TE
R3a. Dre Moore DT
R3b. Titus Brown DE/OLB

R4. Kennan Burton WR
R5a. John Sullivan C
R5b. Kirk Barton G/T
R6. Kyle Wright QB
R7. Matt Hahn FB

Day 2 is a mix of guys who might slip and those taken higher but hey I reckon they could fit

Yasgur's Farm
01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Well thats a differnt draft.
I think the BILLS will definitely go Defense inthe 1st and possiblky 2nd. WR is loaded in this draft and I still htink we could drfat a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd. We need OLB, and DT bad on this team and that where they should go in the 1st. I agree we need a TE and WR, but lot deeper then the 2 Defensive postions we need... DT...
Red Bryant in the 3rd... At 330 ponds he'll give us what we need.
OLB...
a) Move DiGi outside... Ben Moffitt in the 6th can back-up Poz.
b) I like moving Schobel to OLB slash DE and re-sign Hargrove for more reps at RDE... That's possibly 60 more pounds on the right side to deal with the run. Schobel can still rush the edge and provides adequate coverage in the flats. Chris Harrington in the 5th would provide nice depth behind Hargrove.

In addition... I think Charles Godfrey in the 3rd will fill that much lacking nickle position.

kernowboy
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
DT...
Red Bryant in the 3rd... At 330 ponds he'll give us what we need.
OLB...
a) Move DiGi outside... Ben Moffitt in the 6th can back-up Poz.
b) I like moving Schobel to OLB slash DE and re-sign Hargrove for more reps at RDE... That's possibly 60 more pounds on the right side to deal with the run. Schobel can still rush the edge and provides adequate coverage in the flats. Chris Harrington in the 5th would provide nice depth behind Hargrove.

In addition... I think Charles Godfrey in the 3rd will fill that much lacking nickle position.

But isn't Bryant a 3-4 NT and not suited to the Cover2? ... Fewell seems to have it working quite well if we could get some slightly bigger DTs. Both Sims and Moore know their way into the oppositions backfield