You know what made this past season so hard, besides the 15 injuries??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

You know what made this past season so hard, besides the 15 injuries??

Our schedule:

2007 opponents:
    Home: Bengals, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Broncos
    Away: Browns, Dolphins, Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, Jaguars

Look at this nightmare, almost half of the game we're played against teams making the playoffs & 3 games against the #1 seeds in each conference. 2 of the teams we played are of 4 left that have a chance of winning it all.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: You know what made this past season so hard, besides the 15 injuries??

The only team we beat who finished with a winning record is when Trent led us to a win against the Redskins.

The Bills record is inflated by beating terrible teams like Miami, Jets, and Ravens.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      The only team we beat who finished with a winning record is when Trent led us to a win against the Redskins.

The Bills record is inflated by beating terrible teams like Miami, Jets, and Ravens.
      This is true. But you could then say that every team has an inflated record. Everyone plays poor teams and has mediochre teams in their division.

Having watched every game, I would say that 7-9 is fair.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

You add up the wins and losses for every team we played. Then you can figure win %. It is just above .500. No biggy.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
          This is true. But you could then say that every team has an inflated record. Everyone plays poor teams and has mediochre teams in their division.

Having watched every game, I would say that 7-9 is fair.
          Agreed, but good teams also have victories against other teams that were good. 7-9 is fair. We should have been 9-7. Injuries, last minute FGs, ineffective offense, poor pass rush, poor run stopping cost us a couple of games.

Buffalo beat a Washington team who just went through the Taylor tragedy.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

The AFC East definitely has one of the toughest schedules this year. Yes the Patriots went 16-0 but dude they're in a league of their own. There's no wonder the Dolphins and the Jets combined 5-32. We actually did well by winning 7 games.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              The AFC East definitely has one of the toughest schedules this year. Yes the Patriots went 16-0 but dude they're in a league of their own. There's no wonder the Dolphins and the Jets combined 5-32. We actually did well by winning 7 games.
              With alot easier schedule, next year looks even better.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

besides the 15 injuries??

musical qb's & ******ed coaching.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

we were more like a 4 - 12 team with really good coaching that kept us in games and won.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                    we were more like a 4 - 12 team with really good coaching that kept us in games and won.
                    That's a very interesting thought. Jauron does have the ability to keep the Bills in games through his coaching and conservatism. I think the playcalling on offense sometimes hindered the Bills with conservatism, too, though.

I guess they could have been 4-12. They may have also been 9-7 with a bounce or two the other way. So 7-9 seems right to me with a law of averages.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Our schedule:

2007 opponents:
                      Home: Bengals, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Broncos
                      Away: Browns, Dolphins, Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, Jaguars

Look at this nightmare, almost half of the game we're played against teams making the playoffs & 3 games against the #1 seeds in each conference. 2 of the teams we played are of 4 left that have a chance of winning it all.
                      you completely left out the 5 games against the 1-15 Dolphins, the 4-12 Jets, and the 5-11 Ravens (that finished 1-10).

In the end, there are teams on either end skewing the results and it evens out.

Oh, btw, we beat exactly ONE of those playoff teams- the Skins- and we only did it because they had about the most stressful week in the history of pro football leading up to the game.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

The cold, hard fact is that this team isn't good enough, nor is the coaching good enough.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          The cold, hard fact is that this team isn't good enough, nor is the coaching good enough.
                          Nope. Not even close, except in special teams. At least we have one positive area of play.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

You can point to beating the loosing teams but thats a catch 22 with bills fans. We suck cause we only beat bad teams, but wed suck even more if we didnt. In large part we beat the teams we should have. Simple as that.

Say what you will, we beat the skins. Circumstance or not.

We beat the teams we should have and as TD said are a few plays from 9-7.

This team isnt a contender by any stretch, but for the most part they played above themselves. Whether that was a result of coaching or not can be argued. As it likely will all offseason.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

The Bills won 7 games against teams that won 8.25 games on average. So.... basically, being just below average, while playing just above average teams = pretty average, IMO.

As average as they were though, they could have challenged for the NFC South and NFC West, and probably won either healthy. Especially with adequate offensive coaching.
                              Last edited by yordad; 01-16-2008, 03:27 AM.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X