• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Regier: "We aren't going to trade Brian Campbell"

Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Regier: "We aren't going to trade Brian Campbell"

We aren't going to sign Brian Campbell is more like it Regier.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

He better not be back next year.

Why would you not try to get something in return for Campbell?

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

i think your thread title is misleading. he says its not their intention to trade him, they want to get a deal done. but he clearly implied the door was open that they might make a move later in the season. that means they would trade him if they got the right deal

for what its worth

and i hope they DO trade campbell. i love soupy and desperately want him to stay but hes gonna take the rediculous bux from some team and i dont blame him. hes good as gone and might as well get something in return. i hate it but thats life
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

He is over rated. Let him go and his little herpe he has in the laser commericial's...

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
            i think your thread title is misleading. he says its not their intention to trade him, they want to get a deal done. but he clearly implied the door was open that they might make a move later in the season. that means they would trade him if they got the right deal

for what its worth

and i hope they DO trade campbell. i love soupy and desperately want him to stay but hes gonna take the rediculous bux from some team and i dont blame him. hes good as gone and might as well get something in return. i hate it but thats life
            I agree. However, this organization BETTER get something for him and not let him walk. All of the goodwill that was built up over the last few years is slowly disappearing and nobody is to blame but Quinn and Golisano. Question: How can two very smart individuals be so stupid???

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

the problem is not with players leaving...it is with the failure to sign somebody to replace them.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                the problem is not with players leaving...it is with the failure to sign somebody to replace them.
                Exactly. It's the lack of effort to replace talent that is so annoying!

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

They'll do whatever they can do save a buck in a economically deprived area
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

“There’s lots of things to consider between now and the end of the season,” Regier told reporters following Tuesday’s practice in HSBC Arena. “Where he is, where the team is, the trade deadline. You look at all of those and not close off any options.

“I don’t have any preconceived notions here. I think that first and foremost we’d like to have him signed. But on the other side of it, you’ve got to look at all of the circumstances involved.”

Pressed on the trade issue, Regier said the team’s attention remains on signing Campbell.

“[A trade] is not the intention and that’s not the focal point,” he said. “The focal point is to try to sign him. You never say never about anything but the thing we’d like to do . . . is to sign him.”

oops.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                      “There’s lots of things to consider between now and the end of the season,” Regier told reporters following Tuesday’s practice in HSBC Arena. “Where he is, where the team is, the trade deadline. You look at all of those and not close off any options.

“I don’t have any preconceived notions here. I think that first and foremost we’d like to have him signed. But on the other side of it, you’ve got to look at all of the circumstances involved.”

Pressed on the trade issue, Regier said the team’s attention remains on signing Campbell.

“[A trade] is not the intention and that’s not the focal point,” he said. “The focal point is to try to sign him. You never say never about anything but the thing we’d like to do . . . is to sign him.”

oops.
                      did you see who posted the thread? It basically means that Brian Campbell will be traded later today.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        did you see who posted the thread? It basically means that Brian Campbell will be traded later today.

look Regier: "We aren't going to trade Brian Campbell" and WGR Regier Says Sabres Not Trading Campbell (so who has the last Laugh!)

they both mean the same thing

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          look Regier: "We aren't going to trade Brian Campbell" and WGR Regier Says Sabres Not Trading Campbell (so who has the last Laugh!)

they both mean the same thing
                          http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2983
                          He. Didn't. Say. That.

He DID repeatedly say they haven't ruled out anything.

WGR are idiots for that headline.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                          X