PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Andre Reeds career?

imbondz
01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I wanted to know everyone's true feelings about his career in Buffalo.

Tatonka
01-15-2008, 11:08 PM
i never liked him after the way he left.. felt the same about bruce smith and thurman.

jimbo was the only real man about it.

mchurchfie
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
I thought he was one of Buffalo's most prolific and underrated receivers. He benefited greatly from the K-gun offense as a slot receiver.

Bmax
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
i never liked him after the way he left.. felt the same about bruce smith and thurman.

jimbo was the only real man about it.

I glad that most don't feel the same way as you.. Now we all know Bruce can be a little arrogant.. To put it mildly... But Thurman who recently moved back is treated fondly by fans here in the B-LO.. Reed on the other hand sort of mended ways with some fans when he returned for his inclusion on the wall of fame...

I don't know if some of you know it or not Andre did not like the city at all often bad mouthed it for the way he was treated by some people. For personal reasons .. Nothing to do with Football.....I Think he was a great player Better than Monk....I do believe Monk and Carter will get in first but Andre deserves to be in ..

He will in my opinon have to wait till 2010 or 2011 to get in...Whenever he gets in i will be happy for him and the Buffalo Bills....

Bmax

Bmax
01-15-2008, 11:39 PM
We must also remember that unlike Jim .. Bruce Andre and Thurman were cut...Jimbo retired and got a Million Dollars...

Bmax

Oaf
01-16-2008, 12:00 AM
He was absolutely my favorite player growing up. I remember, back then, I didn't know about specialty card shops so I would go and spend all my money on individual card packages hoping to pull a Reed. I don't know when I eventually got one, but one day I did, may have cried, and framed with with a card of Bryce Paup.

Meathead
01-16-2008, 12:39 AM
awesome

underappreciated

super deserving of hof

Ebenezer
01-16-2008, 12:41 AM
greatest receiver in Bills history.

yordad
01-16-2008, 01:45 AM
:10: :respect:

Luisito23
01-16-2008, 06:12 AM
I :heart: you AR!!!!!.....

http://www.jimkelly.com/scrapbook/Images/CarreerImages/AndreReed.jpg

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Night Train
01-16-2008, 06:24 AM
I liked him but the voters for the HOF are a fickle bunch. He could get dragged along for years, ala Art Monk.

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 07:09 AM
A great receiver, a key part of our AFC Championship teams, and a far better career than many HOF receivers.

I don't know why he isn't in already, except that a lot of HOF voters are enamored of Michael Irvin-type players.

mybills
01-16-2008, 07:29 AM
I loved everything about him as a person AND a football player. I never had a bad thought about him. I cannot express enough about how watching his gorgeous
little ass made me feel, either. :faint:
"Tiny Buns" was my favorite. :10:

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2008, 07:46 AM
He is one of the most under-rated players in NFL history and is more than deserving of being in the HoF.

Philagape
01-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Not the most spectacular receiver, but awesome route runner, always in the right place at the right time, great hands, and super clutch.
I can see why some voters would be hesitant ... only four 1,000-yard seasons, scored 10 touchdowns once. Compare to, say, Largent, who had eight 1,000-yard seasons and three double-digit TD years. Carter: eight and six.
Reed's career numbers come from longevity. But since the other major players on the Bills are getting in, he should too, because he was just as key a cog (no Comeback without him). And he's more deserving than Monk.

gr8slayer
01-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Did he ever win a Super Bowl?

Then I don't really care about him.

Put up good stats though :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2008, 08:43 AM
He was one of the best WRs in HFL history.

Or do all players that never played on a Super Bowl winner suck?

BTW, did you ever actually watch him play in his prime?

The last buffalo fan
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Simplemente el mejor!

bigbub2352
01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
We was awesome, truly worhy of the Buffalo Bills Uniform, played his ass off, rarely missed games, took hits all day over the middle, out ran players much faster than him, never complaigned till end of his career, what superstar doesnt,
Embraced the city and loved being here
Should be in HOF
got my vote

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Greatest Receiver in Bills history. One of the best players overall in team history as well.

Historian
01-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Greatest Division II player ever in the NFL.

HOFer IMO.

And my favorite Bill ever.

Spiderweb
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
greatest receiver in Bills history.

Exactly . :rockon: :nod:

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Greatest Division II player ever in the NFL.

HOFer IMO.

And my favorite Bill ever.

My favorite Bill ever too.

We agree!

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
My favorite Bill ever too.

We agree!
That makes three of us.

Mr. Pink
01-17-2008, 08:42 AM
I dunno, I always thought of Reed as a good receiver in the NFL who was no different nor better than the Webster Slaughter's, Ernest Given's, Mark Jackson's, Gary Clark's, Mark Ingram's, Flipper Anderson's of the league.

The only thing that in the end pushes Reed over these guys is his longevity.

And I've seen it said a million times on here that Drew Bledsoe or Vinny Interceptaverde isn't a HOFer. They have numbers too, because of longevity.

I never thought of Reed as a "premier wr" in the league. Like I don't think any team gameplanned that if you played Buffalo you had to stop him. There was Beebe, Lofton, Thurman...He was an excellent complimentary piece on a great team.

He was a good player, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't "the man." Either on the Bills team's or among his peers.

TedMock
01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I dunno, I always thought of Reed as a good receiver in the NFL who was no different nor better than the Webster Slaughter's, Ernest Given's, Mark Jackson's, Gary Clark's, Mark Ingram's, Flipper Anderson's of the league.

The only thing that in the end pushes Reed over these guys is his longevity.

And I've seen it said a million times on here that Drew Bledsoe or Vinny Interceptaverde isn't a HOFer. They have numbers too, because of longevity.

I never thought of Reed as a "premier wr" in the league. Like I don't think any team gameplanned that if you played Buffalo you had to stop him. There was Beebe, Lofton, Thurman...He was an excellent complimentary piece on a great team.

He was a good player, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't "the man." Either on the Bills team's or among his peers.

You make some good points. I would argue that most of the greats had longevity though. Reed played 16 seasons. Jerry Rice was once quoted as saying that Andre Reed was the best WR in the NFL. Rice had 20 years, Tim Brown 17 years, James Lofton 16, Art Monk 16, etc. He did have a great group of talent around him, but that may have hurt him as much as it helped. You could really argue both sides. Bottom line is that right now he is 8th overall in receiving yards, 10th in receiving TD's and 5th in receptions. Interestingly enough, he's ahead of Art Monk in all categories, but behind Chris Carter in all categories. Carter also played 16 seasons.

mybills
01-17-2008, 10:36 AM
That makes three of us.

"Tiny Buns" was my favorite. :10:

The last buffalo fan
01-17-2008, 12:28 PM

Neck to neck with Jimbo, but what da hell........... :5:

Dont drink the water
01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Andre Reed spent too much whining in his career and unlike Thurman did not prove critics wrong.

The Jokeman
01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
He was probably the best WR in the AFC during our Super Bowl runs but the problem was there were a handful if not more better then him in the NFC. That's why I don't feel he'll go to the HOF this year but he might ultimately make it like Lofton did. In terms of Bills history there's no doubt he was the best WR in part because of his longevity and being the key to the passing game. You can say if it wasn't for him we would have never made Super Bowl XXVII because of his performance in the comeback. Though in the locker room he seemed to be a bit of a winer and some feel part a key cog of bickering Bills. There have also been reports of him coming between Jim Kelly and Laurie Lisowski. All that said he was one of my favorites during the era.