X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Running Game Coordinator?

Eric Studesville was promoted to running game coordinator/running backs coach. What does that mean? He draws up the running plays?

Also, AVP was named QB coach and Kugler was named OL coach. No suprises there.

Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Running Game Coordinator?

Well , I guess none of them would have a higher salary than Dick. The promotions would give them a $1.hr raise.

I was really hoping for Houck to be brought in as our OL coach but he would make $2/ hr more than Dick.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

I am glad the Bills were able to retain the nucleous of their offensive coaching staff so that they have some continuity to their highly effective offense.

Comment

• historypete
        • Feb 2005

I just got a letter in the mail. I'm now VP for playcalling from my couch because I did such an excellent job of it last year.

I've never seen so many new titles handed out in one week that mean absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I know I'm an idiot for not being all pissed off and bitter, but I think all three promotions are well deserved.

Our offensive problems last year were caused mainly by lack of talent at WR and TE, injuries, Fairchild's playcalling, and the unsettled QB situation. AVP, Kugler and Studesville really shouldn't be blamed.
          Last edited by Jan Reimers; 01-16-2008, 01:34 PM.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Well deserved ???? The offense has sucked for the last how many years ?

They were all promoted so Ralph didn't have to go outside, which means shelling out more money.

Comment

• Coach Sal
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Romes
              Eric Studesville was promoted to running game coordinator/running backs coach. What does that mean? He draws up the running plays?
              It basically means he is responsible for breaking down the running plays from the previous game on game film and evaluating it/grading out players the same as an offensive coordinator would for an entire game.

He would also be responsible for developing the best running plays, and from what formations to use against the upcoming opponent based on their tendencies, fronts, etc.

He won't actually be calling any plays, but I'm sure he'll be a big part of gameplanning each week and even be there to discuss potential run plays for the upcoming offensive series on gameday.
              Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
              And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by eyedog
                Well deserved ???? The offense has sucked for the last how many years ?

They were all promoted so Ralph didn't have to go outside, which means shelling out more money.
                I wouldn't necessarily blame the position coaches for our lack of offensive success. Our running game has always been good under Studesville, even with the attitude-challenged McGahee. Kugler worked under McNally and did a really nice job with our tackles. And AVP is known to be a very good at breaking down film and helping with game preparations.

As I said, I think our offensive failures were due to other factors. It's not always fair to say, "Our offense sucked, so everyone associated with any part of it sucks."
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                  It basically means he is responsible for breaking down the running plays from the previous game on game film and evaluating it/grading out players the same as an offensive coordinator would for an entire game.

He would also be responsible for developing the best running plays, and from what formations to use against the upcoming opponent based on their tendencies, fronts, etc.

He won't actually be calling any plays, but I'm sure he'll be a big part of gameplanning each week and even be there to discuss potential run plays for the upcoming offensive series on gameday.
                  cool. thanks for explaining.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

This is the cheapest and simplest change, we will see the jury will defintly be out
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by historypete
                      I just got a letter in the mail. I'm now VP for playcalling from my couch because I did such an excellent job of it last year.

I've never seen so many new titles handed out in one week that mean absolutely nothing.
                      QB coach and OL coach,,, whats so weird about that?

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Sounds like they're basically admitting that Turk knows nothing about running a running game.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by historypete

The towel boy is now Towel Coordinator. No, wait, it's Vice President of Towels.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                            Sounds like they're basically admitting that Turk knows nothing about running a running game.
                            Or maybe they are admitting that Fairchild didn't have a clue and they don't want to go down that road again. I'm sure Turk will still be instrumental in calling run versus pass, maybe the other guy will have a little more time and leeway to be more creative with our runplays.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                              Or maybe they are admitting that Fairchild didn't have a clue and they don't want to go down that road again.
                              Does that mean they'll never again have an overall offensive coordinator under Ralph?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞