PDA

View Full Version : I know some of you want hero's hired from outside the organization but...

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
In all fairness, Turk didn't call the O-plays and we do have a system in place and a line that's been getting better. This maybe a better way and we have a easier schedule this season, so plan on some good things happening.

We have many years of experience behind our front line coaches and they maybe able to really pull us together as a team. We need to retool not rebuild, the base is set and will grow.

BTW: Changing stuff big time every year equals new headaches that need to be gone over over again, we need to grow inside out. RW will never spend a big dollar to chase a big name coach, ever. So quit y'er b'arching about it.

justasportsfan
01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
BTW: Changing stuff big time every year equals new headaches .
I had a headache watching last years offense.

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
In all fairness, Turk didn't call the O-plays and we do have a system in place and a line that's been getting better. This maybe a better way and we have a easier schedule this season, so plan on some good things happening.

We have many years of exerience behind our front line coaches and they maybe able to really pull us together as a team. We need to retool not rebuild, the base is set and will grow.
And promoting from within builds loyalty to the organization and an attitude that if you do your job, you have a chance to get ahead.

How would some of you like to work your butts off in your jobs, and everytime an opening occurs above you, have your employer bring in a new guy from somewhere else?

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 11:51 AM
I had a headache watching last years offense.
For me, more vodka was the answer to that problem.

justasportsfan
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
And promoting from within builds loyalty to the organization and an attitude that if you do your job, you have a chance to get ahead.

How would some of you like to work your butts off in your jobs, and everytime an opening occurs above you, have your employer bring in a new guy from somewhere else?

do these promotions make you want to renew you season ticket?

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I makes it real tough to win when a 3rd of your starting roster is on IR. We should have some depth now thanks to almost everyone getting on the field and having real gametime experience. Mix that in a with a known system and a familiar set of coaches that know they have a shot to move up if they do their jobs well and we are looking at a good shot at the playoffs.

Being talented is not going to just keep you on the field here, playing well with your talents will. We fielded alot of players and have seen some great things on the D-side of the ball this year. The O will come along with a few more WR's and a real TE, all will be acquired via FA / Draft this off season.

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
do these promotions make you want to renew you season ticket?
I have two more years on my contract, so I'm stuck regardless. But I'm really going to be more interested in our draft and free agent signings than these coaching changes.

I continue to believe that in any sport, the success of any coach/manager (and his team) - from Joe Torre, to Phil Jackson, to Pat Reilly to Bill Parcells to Bill Belichick - is primarily dependent not on schemes or assistants, but talent.

realdealryan
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Who could do worse than Steve Fairchild? Seriously.

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Who could do worse than Steve Fairchild? Seriously.

Fairchild's assistant.

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM

one problem with your theory: lack of results. Promote people when they deserve it. This organization has been mired in mediocrity for years- why should we promote from within? What has anyone within the organization done to deserve a promotion?

If I worked my ass off at my job but nothing ever improved, I'd be pissed on some level for being passed over but I'd also fully understand the need for results.

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I have two more years on my contract, so I'm stuck regardless. But I'm really going to be more interested in our draft and free agent signings than these coaching changes.

I continue to believe that in any sport, the success of any coach/manager (and his team) - from Joe Torre, to Phil Jackson, to Pat Reilly to Bill Parcells to Bill Belichick - is primarily dependent not on schemes or assistants, but talent.

what have all the FO guys who got promoted done to get us more talent? Yet, they still deserve promotions?

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
what have all the FO guys who got promoted done to get us more talent? Yet, they still deserve promotions?

You yourself being trapped in a dead end job should know better.

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
You yourself being trapped in a dead end job should know better.

You should venture into the TZ more often.

I got a new job and I've only been there a week.

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 07:06 PM

I am so happy for you seriously, god bless you and yours. Now if we can get the Bills on track, you'll be a positive nancy.

Typ0
01-16-2008, 07:30 PM

so you don't know it's dead end yet. you are in the honeymoon stage!

HHURRICANE
01-16-2008, 08:12 PM

Yes if the employer was doing well than yes it would piss people off. However we are horrible on Offense so what are we rewarding?

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes if the employer was doing well than yes it would piss people off. However we are horrible on Offense so what are we rewarding?

We are rewarding a team person with a chance to succeed as a coach. You work hard, you get a shot. Fairchild was brutal and believed in no one we had. Maybe, just maybe Turk knows what he has in Buffalo and knows how to put it together for the better.

justasportsfan
01-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Uh-oh, OP and I agree. Looks like BZ could be in one hell of a crappy place to be this offseason.

realdealryan
01-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Fairchild's assistant.

Wasn't Fairchild Mike Martz' assistant!!!!?!?!?

The apple didn't even fall in the same zip code as the tree.

Mitchy moo
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Wasn't Fairchild Mike Martz' assistant!!!!?!?!?

The apple didn't even fall in the same zip code as the tree.

Did it look like he really cared during the last 3 games?? I would safely say fairchild was cruising at best.

joekurtz
01-17-2008, 08:14 AM
For me, more vodka was the answer to that problem.

Substitute vicodin for vodka & I was right there with you buddy!

realdealryan
01-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Did it look like he really cared during the last 3 games?? I would safely say fairchild was cruising at best.

So how is it that direct reflection of his subordinates? Fairchild sucked, hopefully TS will emerge and be better. I don't see how he could be worse.