Promotion from within when last in the NFL in TDs and 30th on O?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Promotion from within when last in the NFL in TDs and 30th on O?

The title might be negative, but i ask fellow loyalists, do u think these are the answers to our horrible offense?
    Do you promote from within when u havent made the playoffs in 8 seasons
    Do you promote from within after back to back 7-9 seasons?
    Do you promote from within when ur offensiveline struggles running the ball when u invested 75 million in the offseason?
    Do you promote from within after the Jp disaster under Turks tutalege?
    Do you promote from within after were ranked 30th on total offense?
    Do you promote from within when u have no vertical pass attack for 3 yrs now?
    Do you promote from within when your WRs continue to struggle?
    Do You promote from within when you scored the least amount of TDs in the entire NFL?
    Do you promote from within when u set the franchise record for least amount of points in a season?

i guess so

Please give me your insights, and also why we didnt even consider an outside hire?
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Promotion from within when last in the NFL in TDs and 30th on O?

Originally posted by bigbub2352
    The title might be negative, but i ask fellow loyalists, do u think these are the answers to our horrible offense?
    Do you promote from within when u havent made the playoffs in 8 seasons
    Do you promote from within after back to back 7-9 seasons?
    Do you promote from within when ur offensiveline struggles running the ball when u invested 75 million in the offseason?
    Do you promote from within after the Jp disaster under Turks tutalege?
    Do you promote from within after were ranked 30th on total offense?
    Do you promote from within when u have no vertical pass attack for 3 yrs now?
    Do you promote from within when your WRs continue to struggle?
    Do You promote from within when you scored the least amount of TDs in the entire NFL?
    Do you promote from within when u set the franchise record for least amount of points in a season?
    Reads to me the Bills have more problems than just coaching. They must be lacking talent on roster.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      Reads to me the Bills have more problems than just coaching. They must be lacking talent on roster.
      You're right. Coaching is important in the NFL but it pales behind talent. You could have Fairchild as OC in NE and they'd still be dominant.

Comment

• Buffatexas
        • Aug 2002

considering that over the past 8 years, all we did was bring in outside guys. Gilbride, Fairchild, Clemens (sp?), LeBeau, Gray, Williams, Mularkey..do we really need to go on?

I am 99.9 percent sure that there is no one on this board that knows the Bills playbook and what was left out last season because Fairchild did not trust the talent.

Give Schonert and the FO a freaking chance regarding the OC position until they prove that this was a mistake. Which as of right now, they have just as much of a chance in making a mistake as they do in not making one.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

So i guess i am completely wrong in at least thinking they should have interveiwed for the job

Isnt it the same thing as Schonert taking over?
          He is gonna change the offense isnt he?
          put his own stamp on it
          i was just thinkin it would be nice to have a outside opionion
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

So i guess i am completely wrong in at least thinking they should have interveiwed for the job

Isnt it the same thing as Schonert taking over?
            He is gonna change the offense isnt he?
            put his own stamp on it
            i was just thinkin it would be nice to have a outside opionion
            No, you're not wrong. You just have an opinion like everyone else here. Only time will tell if Schonert will be successful in his new position.

But to be fair, Turk was neither the architect nor the gameday playcaller of last year's offense. There were also injuries, lack of production at WR and TE, and the QB situation that hampered us offensively.

That's why I don't tie Schonert to our offensive failures.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I agree Jan, and in all fairness, Edward's quick development was a bright spot for the entire year.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

One of the reasons this team hasn't made the PO's in 8 seasons is lack of continuity with coaching carousel that is a yearly event for this team. I think that in this case we made the right decision.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  No, you're not wrong. You just have an opinion like everyone else here. Only time will tell if Schonert will be successful in his new position.

But to be fair, Turk was neither the architect nor the gameday playcaller of last year's offense. There were also injuries, lack of production at WR and TE, and the QB situation that hampered us offensively.

That's why I don't tie Schonert to our offensive failures.
                  What about JPs failure?
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I am with everyone on giving Turk a shot i am just majorly concerned that we made a mistake in not inteveiwing anyone outside the organization and listening to there philsophy on how to use Evans, Lynch, TE etc...

Just concerned we put all out eggs in one basket, we will see if this thread i wrote has any meaning next year at this time
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                      One of the reasons this team hasn't made the PO's in 8 seasons is lack of continuity with coaching carousel that is a yearly event for this team. I think that in this case we made the right decision.
                      If the system wasn't bottom of the league in both seasons then I wouldnt be worried about it.

Dick is putting what could be his last year on the line with Turk unless the D can bring us to the playoffs. Again, the goal is winning the sb. Putting that goal on the hands of somebody thats never been an OC before might be too much to ask.

I wouldn't put it past Turk to make this O better after all Fairchid is an IDIOT ,but to expect him to win a sb for us ..I don't see it.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
                        You could have Fairchild as OC in NE and they'd still be dominant.
                        Defensively, not offensively. He'd tell Brady to run and Welker to pass.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

What about JPs failure?
                          JP has nothing to do with this thread.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

People seem to think that the Bills should just go ahead and interview every big name out there. I guess that would make a large portion of the fan base happy. We have gone outside the organization enough lately with zero success. I think it's about time we have some damn continuity.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              That has been the problem on offense for years.... Jauron knows full well that we need improvements on offense and im certain he wont go another year without aggressively addressing them. That will make Schonert's job easier than Fairchild's was.

Comment

Working...
                              X