PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft

FlyingDutchman
01-16-2008, 01:34 PM
ESPN mock draft has us taking.....Desaun Jackson, WR Cal. He is probably the best play making WR in the draft. Wouldnt mind him and Marshawn together again at all! Im sure these picks will change a hundred times between now and April.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3197734&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3197734

kernowboy
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
In a deep WR draft and with so much talent, I can see us trading down to get an extra Day1 pick especially as I think our bigger needs are at DT, LB and TE, and looking at a consensus of drafts, there will still be a lot of talent here at the bottom of R1, and in R2.

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
While I think WR is about equal to DT as our biggest need, I would hope we wouldn't draft Jackson at 11. At only 6' and about 175 lbs, he's too similar to the guys we already have.

If we go WR in the first round, I would go bigger - James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly or Adarius Bowman. Theyre all 6'3" and 220 lbs or better.

mayotm
01-16-2008, 02:04 PM
While I think WR is about equal to DT as our biggest need, I would hope we wouldn't draft Jackson at 11. At only 6' and about 175 lbs, he's too similar to the guys we already have.

If we go WR in the first round, I would go bigger - James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly or Adarius Bowman. Theyre all 6'3" and 220 lbs or better.My thoughts exactly. The last thing we need is another runt WR.

bigbub2352
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I think i am hopin for Sedric Ellis DT USC at 11 then goin Limas Sweed Texas or someone like him at WR in the 2nd, then goin TE and and maybe DE with our 3rd rounders

Jan Reimers
01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I think i am hopin for Sedric Ellis DT USC at 11 then goin Limas Sweed Texas or someone like him at WR in the 2nd, then goin TE and and maybe DE with our 3rd rounders
That would suit me just fine.

kernowboy
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
If we could do a deal with Mr Jones of the Cowboys then Adarius Bowman and Pat Sims in R1 sounds good - R2 could be Rogers-Cromartie at CB followed by Carlson TE and Moore DT in the 3rd. And if we can nab Titus Brown in R4 ......

DraftBoy
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I hate that pick, Jackson is Ginn v2.0 with less polish on his routes

Also guys lets keep the draft threads (even if there is 5000 of them) in the Scouting Zone.

Yasgur's Farm
01-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree... If we go WR round 1 it's got to be Malcomb Kelly.

However... I don't see us passing on Ellis... I just don't think he'll be there at 11.

Devin
01-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Jackson is basically the same type of WR we have in Evans with lower quality fundementals.

Evans-light if you will.

patmoran2006
01-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Since I'm so disgusted with Ralph Wilson and Ralphanomics that I can't even speak about it, I'm turning my attention to something to my sanity somewhat intact; the draft.

This is the latest ESPN Mock by that tool McShay.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3197734&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3197734

He has the Bills taking WR DeShean Jackson. Here is McShay's write up on him.

11. Buffalo Bills
Record: 7-9
Biggest needs: TE, CB, WR, LB, DT
Projected pick: DeSean Jackson*, WR, California
Jackson could join forces with former Cal teammate and current Bills RB Marshawn Lynch to give Buffalo one of the most exciting young offensive skill groups in the NFL. Jackson still has room to improve as a route-runner and he must get stronger in order to endure a 16-game NFL schedule. Much like Ted Ginn Jr. (No. 9 overall to Miami last season), however, Jackson's home run ability after the catch, on vertical routes and returning punts will be too tempting for a team with a top-15 draft pick to pass on.
=======================================================
Not sure I like it. I think it's a foregone conclusion Buffalo is going WR or DT if they keep the 11th pick. THere are no TE's or LB's that are worthy of a pick that high this year; and I dont think any team should draft a corner in the top 12 of their playing a cover-two defense.

Having said that, it appears on most projections Jackson is the highest WR on the board. Sounds (and I'll have to study more) like a big home run threat. The comparison going around is to Ginn. However, is that the type of WR the Bills really need? Another smaller, quick "home run" WR like Evans and Parrish, and I suppose Price? My thinking is we need a bigger WR, a guy with sure hands who can seperate, go over the middle and make big catches and score in the red zone.

Again, I'll have to study up more; but from what i'm reading it sounds like this guy would be the better pick.

19. Philadelphia Eagles
Record: 9-7
Biggest needs: OT, S, WR, LB, TE
Projected pick: Malcolm Kelly*, WR, Oklahoma
Current Eagles OTs Jon Runyan and William Thomas aren't getting any younger, so Jeffrey Otah (Pittsburgh) and Michael Oher (Mississippi) are possibilities here. However, the Eagles are still in search of a big-play threat at wide receiver and Kelly could finally be the answer. Unlike most big receivers, he's a smooth route-runner who knows how to separate from man-to-man coverage. Kelly also might have the strongest hands of any receiver in this year's class.
========================================================
Again, way too early for draft talk I know. But I'm so disgusted with our "moves' of late in the front office and staff, and I anticipate no more than 1-2 decent (at best FA's) this spring. So I may as well start focusing on the draft now.

ParanoidAndroid
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
This was already posted in its proper place....the scouting zone.

Goobylal
01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah, great. Let's copy the Dols' stupid move of drafting a Ginn clone. Sorry but a 6' 179# is NOT the answer.

patmoran2006
01-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm not "scouting".

SCouting is asking for information about players.

I'm discussing who would be a good pick going by this mock. Are all draft-related threads going to be moved?

patmoran2006
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, great. Let's copy the Dols' stupid move of drafting a Ginn clone. Sorry but a 6' 179# is NOT the answer.
That's what Im saying.. AT this point anyway, unless this guy is a really special talent.

We need strong guys who can run routes. Parrish, Reed and even Evans get open at best 25% of the time they run routes.

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd take Mario Manningham from Michigan over those two.

Ebenezer
01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
they are going defense #1.

venis2k1
01-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Trade Down....

DraftBoy
01-16-2008, 07:42 PM
This was already posted in its proper place....the scouting zone.

No I moved it into this forum

venis2k1
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
The way i see it, there is no way Sedrick Ellis will be there when we draft. Two reasons...the bungles and the saints. Both pick ahead of us, and both have DT as one of their biggest needs.

Bmax
01-16-2008, 09:30 PM
One of the main reasons Lynch did not break long runs was the down field blocking or lack of it from our WR's.. A guy like Sweed,Bowman,Kelly or Hardy would be better blockers than what we have.

The only Wr who is a decent blocker is Josh Reed. Bowman who be a great blocker..Who is Parrish going to block ?

Thus our offense was somewhat predictable .. With Two te we ran the ball 70 percent of the time. Well almost it seems...

BMAX

tampabay25690
01-17-2008, 08:28 AM

His stock is rising and I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by the 9th pick...Sweed I could see still there in the 2nd round when we pick. I still think we go DEFENSE at 11th pick, if ELLIS is there the Bills will drfat him if not I see them going OLB...RIVERS from USC, or Connor to be playing next to POZ......

tampabay25690
01-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I agree... If we go WR round 1 it's got to be Malcomb Kelly.

However... I don't see us passing on Ellis... I just don't think he'll be there at 11.

WAY to early for him this is 1 of the DEEPEST WR classes I have ever seen. DEFENSE is where we go in the 1st round

tampabay25690
01-17-2008, 08:33 AM
The way i see it, there is no way Sedrick Ellis will be there when we draft. Two reasons...the bungles and the saints. Both pick ahead of us, and both have DT as one of their biggest needs.

Yea but DT is always a need for any team....ANd there is 2 studs, I actually like ELLIS better the DORSEY. I am a SEC fan and have seen DORSEY play alot and I have sen ELLIS play I like ELLIS better..

DORSEY is that COllege name that everyone know's...MIAMI can have Dorsey #1 pick overall....I would rather see him in our division then see McFadden at RB twice a year.