PDA

View Full Version : Time to Start dealing.

mchurchfie
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
I was never for it but maybe it is time to package a Kalinin, Max, and another one of our overpaid underachievers together and make a trade for some prospects or draftpicks for the future. This would open up our caproom alittle and allow us to resign Campbell and maybe even think about extending Miller's contract. I would make Campbell a very generous offer in good faith that he couldn't refuse. He is definitely a viable part of our future so we need to keep him. This conglomeration of players isn't working anymore for whatever reason, time for a shakeup. We still have a lot of talent with Roy, Vanek, etc. If the FO office did that they would send a message to players and fans that they are serious about putting a championship team together and it would also send a message to the players that no one's job is safe. Time to have some balls and step up to the plate Darcy. Discuss.

shelby
01-16-2008, 03:03 PM
:phew: i thought you had decided to supplement your income by selling illegal drugs.

mchurchfie
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
:rofl::couch:

Nighthawk
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I've been saying this all year...even before this losing streak. I would love to see this organization at least try to show they are interested in winning a championship.

RockStar36
01-17-2008, 07:27 AM
They are going to have to make a decision real soon as to what direction the team is going in. If they aren't goint to make the playoffs this year, start dealing and getting things in return. I think that is one thing we can't really rip on Darcy for. He has usually made good trades in the past.

chernobylwraiths
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Trade Campbell to Anaheim for their first round pick from Edmonton!

camelcowboy
01-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Trade Campbell to Anaheim for their first round pick from Edmonton! Too bad Anaheim has no cap room.

SabreEleven
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM
This team is going to stand pat. It is there MO. Why would they change now? They are throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what stick as far as good players developing.

RockStar36
01-17-2008, 12:45 PM
I like Campbell and I want him to stay in Buffalo, however if he really isn't planning on staying or the Sabres aren't willing to keep him, trade him now and get something in return.

And I'm not fully blaming the Sabres for not signing him if they choose to do that. I'm sure there is going to be at least one team that throws way to much money at Campbell and the only thing worse than letting people go is overpaying them and screwing the team up for the next five years.

Philagape
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
We'll deal alright, but it'll be a fire sale

chernobylwraiths
01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Too bad Anaheim has no cap room.

Better for us! We still have a chance to resign him after the season then.