PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Turkey.

patmoran2006
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Title of the thread is a joke. I'm far less pissed about us promoting Turk than I am us promoting Brandon, Guy, Modrak and all the other idiots who year-after-year put us behind the 8ball with a lack of talented players.

I don't think Turk can possibly be any worse than Fairchild. This is one spot where I actually don't mind as much that we didn't go outside the organization. I think Turk has a good grasp of what our guys can and can't do, and I'm at least somewhat optimistic that he'll be able to play to their strengths a lot better than our former "OC" Fairchild did. I really don't feel the need to rant about Turk, because this is the one recent move I can actually UNDERSTAND.

I have a FAR bigger problem with Brandon being named basically Wilson's right-hand man. Could it be ANYMORE OBVIOUS that Wilson cares about how many are in the stands more than the numbers on the scoreboard? I suppose he's not an idiot though. I guess Wilson's figured out that 6-7 wins per year and being on the fringes of the playoff race in Week's 11-14 is good enough to keep our loyal fans spending their money on tickets.

Do I think Turk will do a good job? No, I don't. It's not because I dont think he lacks a good football mind. Truthfully, I dont care if its Turk, Martz, Sherman, Garrett, whoever. They're not going to get the job done with the idiots we have in the front office.

It's people like Guy who give $10 million contracts to players like Royal, Reed and Price- not our coordinators. His penalty for COUNTLESS errors in personnel evaluation leads to a promotion?

It's people who have a part in the draft like Modrak that evaluated guys like Mike Williams, McGahee and Losman. That leads to a promotion?

Jim Overdorf overpaid the **** out of Kelsay and Schobel last year. I'm surprised he hasn't been promoted to Vice President of Salary Cap or some **** like that yet. Seriously, did he just accept the clients' first offer? Was their even a negotiation?

And to top it off, a guy like Brandon, who's publicly known as a marketing guy and not a football guy; is the closest thing WIlson will pay to a General Manager now.

Lastly, seems a lot more power and decision making will fall into Jauron's lap. Great. Let's give a guy who's been a NFL head coach for 8 years and has reached 8 wins more more exactly ONCE in those 8 campaigns more influence.

Unbelievable Wilson, you peice of ****.. Good luck, Turk.

Typ0
01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
a few years ago I thought his time was coming...now I'm starting to think someone ought to take him out.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Regardless, From now until March 1st I'm not going to comment anymore on the front office moves.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143962

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
a few years ago I thought his time was coming...now I'm starting to think someone ought to take him out.

:rolleyes:

Idiocy reigns supreme.

Typ0
01-16-2008, 06:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Idiocy reigns supreme.

it certainly does.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2008, 06:51 PM

That took a whole 4 days.

Flip-flop.

Michael82
01-17-2008, 01:00 AM
:laughing: BUSTED!!!!

patmoran2006
01-17-2008, 10:55 AM
im not "busted", I simply lied.
You should know better by now.. Your lucky I lasted 4 days.

Did start as a Turk thread though

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Pat when you actually have something original to say instead of just repeats of repeats of repeats of your spew, wake me up. :z:

Thanks.

baalworship
01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Modrak has been setting up our draft board since 2002. The last two drafts Modrak had MORE not less impact and I think we had two very good drafts.

I am fine with this. I never am against new blood being injected but that is another issue.

Turk Schonert will have to impress me because there are a LOT of known quantities out there that the Bills passed over. I am lukewarm about this. We won't know until the regular season starts if Schonert is just another guy.

patmoran2006
01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Modrak has been setting up our draft board since 2002. The last two drafts Modrak had MORE not less impact and I think we had two very good drafts.

I am fine with this. I never am against new blood being injected but that is another issue.

Turk Schonert will have to impress me because there are a LOT of known quantities out there that the Bills passed over. I am lukewarm about this. We won't know until the regular season starts if Schonert is just another guy.
I would agree with you about HALF of the two drafts.
2007 had a positive impact for sure with Lynch and Edwards, and down the line Poz.

But what impact did 2006 draft really have on us? WE have a dime a dozen starting safety, a rotational DT who has played about 20% of the snaps, and a cornerback who only seen the field in week 17 because the 87 people ahead of him on the depth chart all went down. Far from great day one picking. Besides that, we have an overmatched starting DT (Williams) and an even more overmatched starting OLB (Ellison) starting from this draft class, for no reason bigger than Guy is horrible at evaluating pro talent on the FA and waiver wire markets. Ko Simpson is my fav pick of the whole class, and he still has a lot of questions to answer.