PDA

View Full Version : Before you jump off the bandwagon

G Wolly
01-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Just remember that every great team in sports history didn't win every game they ever played.

At one point, the New England Patriots weren't perfect. At one point, the Senators weren't the power house they are now, and even the invincible Yankees weren't so great at one point in time.

So before you all start crying and giving up your fanhood because we're on a franchise record 9 game losing streak, just remember that first of all, there's still a good 3 months of the regular season left.

And secondly, every great team has to go through this at one point or another, and it'll all be worth it when the true fans are still around when that time comes.

I'm sure some of you will post here with "Ugh, our front office is so screwed we'll never get out of this" or "Maybe if Golisano wasn't so cheap and would sign some stars" or other negativity against looking at the bright side of being a Sabres fan.

That is all, Go Sabres.

Typ0
01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
this group has put a competitive team on the ice many, many seasons. They made the finals. They built a model team after the lockout. They have one of if not the best farm organizations. It's the Bills that are a joke not the sabres.

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Just remember that every great team in sports history didn't win every game they ever played.

At one point, the New England Patriots weren't perfect. At one point, the Senators weren't the power house they are now, and even the invincible Yankees weren't so great at one point in time.

So before you all start crying and giving up your fanhood because we're on a franchise record 9 game losing streak, just remember that first of all, there's still a good 3 months of the regular season left.

And secondly, every great team has to go through this at one point or another, and it'll all be worth it when the true fans are still around when that time comes.

I'm sure some of you will post here with "Ugh, our front office is so screwed we'll never get out of this" or "Maybe if Golisano wasn't so cheap and would sign some stars" or other negativity against looking at the bright side of being a Sabres fan.

That is all, Go Sabres.

Great teams win championships. Great teams are good enough to make the playoffs (we wouldn't make them if they started today).

Great teams are good enough to win games and can be compared to their CURRENT competition, instead of using some unrelated example of an anomaly in another sport.

And you're making a fundamental mistake by assuming frustration with this FO and the way the team is playing means "giving up your fanhood." In fact, being a fan means wanting the team to win, and the logical corollary is being pissed when the team is struggling.

G Wolly
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
In fact, being a fan means wanting the team to win, and the logical corollary is being pissed when the team is struggling.

But there's a difference between being pissed off and wanting the team to do good, and completely giving up on the team because they don't win every game.

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
But there's a difference between being pissed off and wanting the team to do good, and completely giving up on the team because they don't win every game.

agreed- I'm just curious as to who's giving up on the team?

Ebenezer
01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
nobody gave up on them...just some of us predicted what is happening...and will with Campbell.

G Wolly
01-16-2008, 07:04 PM
agreed- I'm just curious as to who's giving up on the team?

It's a general rant for bandwagoners who can't deal with us losing more than 2 games at a time

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2008, 07:08 PM
They have lost nine, not two four or even six.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Looks like it will be ten tonight the way they are playing.

G Wolly
01-16-2008, 07:41 PM
They have lost nine, not two four or even six.

I know?

I don't get what your telling me here

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I know?

I don't get what your telling me here

How are people not supposed to be upset over a 10 game losing streak AND the prospect of losing it's best defenseman at the end of the season because of a seemingly inept front office.

Nighthawk
01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
How are people not supposed to be upset over a 10 game losing streak AND the prospect of losing it's best defenseman at the end of the season because of a seemingly inept front office.

I think there is a confusion between people who are bandwagoners and those who just don't like to accept mediocrity. If this FO was doing everything possible to win a championship, then you would not here a thing from anybody. The problem is that they are doing the complete opposite!

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I think there is a confusion between people who are bandwagoners and those who just don't like to accept mediocrity. If this FO was doing everything possible to win a championship, then you would not here a thing from anybody. The problem is that they are doing the complete opposite!

Well, I disagree because SOME would always *****. But the losing is getting bad. And I don't know who to blame in the FO. I just think it is between Darcy and Larry. I don't blame TG because he knows nothing about hockey and is trusting Curley and Larry.

Nighthawk
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Well, I disagree because SOME would always *****. But the losing is getting bad. And I don't know who to blame in the FO. I just think it is between Darcy and Larry. I don't blame TG because he knows nothing about hockey and is trusting Curley and Larry.

I don't give a f**k who it is. I just want the FO to get their heads out of their asses and get this thing moving in the right direction again.

G Wolly
01-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Im speaking to bandwagoners who give up on the team, instead of waiting it out.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Im speaking to bandwagoners who give up on the team, instead of waiting it out.

**** em if they give up. If they give up, they probably aren't around here anyway.

Sorry if I misconstrued your comments.

Michael82
01-17-2008, 12:49 AM
It's a general rant for bandwagoners who can't deal with us losing more than 2 games at a time
sorry, but that is total bull****! This team has lost 10 ****ing games in a row, when they desperately need all the points they can get. Not just 2 or 3 games at a time. 10!!! If they don't get their ****ing head out of their ass, they won't make the playoffs and that is really pathetic. Especially when you consider that this team was 1 period away from the Stanley Cup a couple years ago and almost in it last year too. :mad: :curse:

camelcowboy
01-17-2008, 01:31 AM
Im speaking to bandwagoners who give up on the team, instead of waiting it out. no one here is giving up, but the sabres are trying as hard as they can to push the fans away.

Typ0
01-17-2008, 06:57 AM

didn't this FO bring all the players here that brought us success in the past? This team has been competitive many, many seasons. A few years ago they were nearly bankrupt and the last two years were we not competitive? This is a hiccup in the tenure of these managers not a way of life. Give them a chance to come out of it they are dealing with difficult problems.

G Wolly
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Do you guys realize that we aren't even being killed in our losses?

easily about 80% of the 10 games were decided by one goal.

camelcowboy
01-17-2008, 02:50 PM

LOL are you for real? One goal loses won't get them to the playoffs. They have 10 goals in 16 games. This team is struggling. Wake up!

JD
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
sorry, but that is total bull****! This team has lost 10 ****ing games in a row, when they desperately need all the points they can get. Not just 2 or 3 games at a time. 10!!! If they don't get their ****ing head out of their ass, they won't make the playoffs and that is really pathetic. Especially when you consider that this team was 1 period away from the Stanley Cup a couple years ago and almost in it last year too. :mad: :curse:
Mikey, your post is bull****.

You act like we've been just bending over and taking it from teams.

We've worked hard but have fallen short. No lucky bounces, no lucky breaks. Last night was an exception, we played like absolute ****.

But to take two of the leagues best teams into shootouts three games straight says we arent just a bottom feeder in this league. We are better than that. And we will make the playoffs.

Ruff needs to take some blame for our recent slide. Its not all on the FO for letting go star players. Briere was no star in 2005, Ruff crafted that team into a winner.

What you have to realize is that it is not 2005 anymore, teams are playing more conservative. The clutching and grabbing has been coming back more and more. The team we have right now would be among the top if it were 2005. We have to change our style of play and that falls on Lindy if you expect a turn around this year.

Michael82
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
LOL are you for real? One goal loses won't get them to the playoffs. They have 10 goals in 16 games. This team is struggling. Wake up!
Exactly! Sure they are one goal losses, but that's because are only scoring 1 ****ing goal! PATHETIC! :ill:

Nighthawk
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM

You do realize that if you only lose by one goal that it's still a loss?

G Wolly
01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
You do realize that if you only lose by one goal that it's still a loss?

:huh: It's that how it works?

Nighthawk
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
:huh: It's that how it works?

Just checking because you seemed confused.

G Wolly
01-18-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm not saying that we didn't lose those games, I'm just saying we lost them by slim margins. I think you're trying to find something deeper than what I'm saying.

Except for tonight.

Nighthawk
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm not saying that we didn't lose those games, I'm just saying we lost them by slim margins. I think you're trying to find something deeper than what I'm saying.

Except for tonight.

Nah, I'm just tired of hearing excuses for this team. A loss is a loss...period. Nothing personal, just tired of the excuses.

G Wolly
01-18-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not making excuses, I was stating a fact.