PDA

View Full Version : So...that's all the Bills did was promote from within...

Ebenezer
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
they are in trouble...can anybody say autopilot??

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:19 PM
7-9's not good enough for you?

Typ0
01-16-2008, 06:21 PM
7-9's not good enough for you?

not really...and neither is waiting to have a weak schedule and make the playoffs.

Bone
01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Last time I checked we don't start playing football till September.

OpIv37
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Last time I checked we don't start playing football till September.

last time I checked we made no additions to our offensive coaches despite being ranked 30th and our FO is basically the same as it was during the TD years minus TD.

Doing the same things and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

im4bflo
01-16-2008, 07:26 PM
they are in trouble...can anybody say autopilot??

That's the same way I'm feeling :worry:

HHURRICANE
01-16-2008, 08:14 PM
last time I checked we made no additions to our offensive coaches despite being ranked 30th and our FO is basically the same as it was during the TD years minus TD.

Doing the same things and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I have to say that this org. has officially reached joke status.

Nighthawk
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Ahh, the smell of mediocrity!

im4bflo
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, the way they're going, players are going to line up to get in here.
Our future's so bright, I've got to wear shades!:rockon:

Nighthawk
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh yeah, the way they're going, players are going to line up to get in here.
Our future's so bright, I've got to wear shades!:rockon:

Ha, ha, ha...very nice.

Michael82
01-17-2008, 12:59 AM
:ill:

Night Train
01-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Please join all Bills fans in hating our new moves immediately.

Now let's repeat ad nauseam how were going to suck through the summer. Expect the usual suspects.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 08:25 AM
last time I checked we made no additions to our offensive coaches despite being ranked 30th
Fairchild's leaving definitely qualifies for addition by subtraction.

Mr. Pink
01-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Fairchild's leaving definitely qualifies for addition by subtraction.

Like Fletch leaving? Clemens leaving? McGahee leaving?

Excellent. That'll produce umm well nothing. Just like it did last year when the pundits said "oh, those losses are addition by subtraction."

THATHURMANATOR
01-17-2008, 08:37 AM

Excellent. That'll produce umm well nothing. Just like it did last year when the pundits said "oh, those losses are addition by subtraction."
Who is Clemens?

Mr. Pink
01-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Who is Clemens?

TOM CLEMENS! :rofl:

meant Clements! my bad, yo.

HHURRICANE
01-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I read some of the Schonert press conference and it looks earily similar to the Fairchild press conference.

All the talk in the world means smack if you don't make it happen on the field.

People can say it's all about the talent but the reason OC is such a tough position is because it requires great play calling.

I hate Miami and think Cameron should never be allowed to be a head coach again. With that said I watched alot of Miami games and he called an excellent offense.

Norv Turner is another guy that as HC he struggles but as an OC he's brilliant.

I can say that I want a wide open offense but on 3rd and 4 I have to call the right play or it's punt. Fairchild was AWFUL at calling a game.

What tells me that Schonert is a good play caller. What experience does he have in this area???

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 08:49 AM

If you had bothered to read the quote to which I was responding, you would have seen that I was addressing only offensive coaching changes.

But there's no point in being objective when you can just blast away.

Mr. Pink
01-17-2008, 08:52 AM
If you had bothered to read the quote to which I was responding, you would have seen that I was addressing only offensive coaching changes.

But there's no point in being objective when you can just blast away.

And I was addressing the fact that was the same line was used to describe the losses last year of Fletch, Clements and McGahee.

We saw how those move turned out. Let me remind you...Rushing totals, near the same last year as this...defense? worse. Record overall..same.

There is no such thing as addition by subtraction. It's a stupid catch phrase that is nothing more than BS.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 08:56 AM
I read some of the Schonert press conference and it looks earily similar to the Fairchild press conference.

All the talk in the world means smack if you don't make it happen on the field.

People can say it's all about the talent but the reason OC is such a tough position is because it requires great play calling.

I hate Miami and think Cameron should never be allowed to be a head coach again. With that said I watched alot of Miami games and he called an excellent offense.

Norv Turner is another guy that as HC he struggles but as an OC he's brilliant.

I can say that I want a wide open offense but on 3rd and 4 I have to call the right play or it's punt. Fairchild was AWFUL at calling a game.

What tells me that Schonert is a good play caller. What experience does he have in this area???
Could we give the guy a friggin' chance before crapping all over him? What tells you, for instance, that Turk WILL NOT be a good play caller. If everyone needed experience to take a new job, no one would ever get promoted.

I love how everyone associated with the Bills gets tarred with the same negative "the Bills suck so he (fill in the blank) must suck" brush.

It's actually laughable.

Voltron
01-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Well "The Pill" is going to be the QB coach now :up:

HHURRICANE
01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Could we give the guy a friggin' chance before crapping all over him? What tells you, for instance, that Turk WILL NOT be a good play caller. If everyone needed experience to take a new job, no one would ever get promoted.

I love how everyone associated with the Bills gets tarred with the same negative "the Bills suck so he (fill in the blank) must suck" brush.

It's actually laughable.

Let me ask you a sincere question. What has he done in his NFL career that would make me believe that we should be optimistic on a good result?

His resume is not very good. Would you hire a guy with a bad resume? I wouldn't.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
We were 7-9 last season, in the playoff hunt till late in the year, and 4 or 5 players away from turning the corner. We are a very young team which will get some good players back from injury. We have 10 picks in the upcoming draft and enough cap room to sign a quality free agent or two.

But with the negativity on this board, you'd think we were the biggest disaster in the NFL.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Let me ask you a sincere question. What has he done in his NFL career that would make me believe that we should be optimistic on a good result?

His resume is not very good. Would you hire a guy with a bad resume? I wouldn't.
Why does he have a bad resume? Because he couldn't turn Aaron Brooks, Chris Wienke, Rob Johnson and the like into All Pros?

HHURRICANE
01-17-2008, 09:10 AM
We were 7-9 last season, in the playoff hunt till late in the year, and 4 or 5 players away from turning the corner. We are a very young team which will get some good players back from injury. We have 10 picks in the upcoming draft and enough cap room to sign a quality free agent or two.

But with the negativity on this board, you'd think we were the biggest disaster in the NFL.

I don't have much to disagee with here. I don't love the Schonert move but in fairness I can't say it's a mistake yet either.

I think the fans are looking for some major commitments from the front office that they are doing everything to end this drought. So far nothing that really says that.

After April we'll really see what we have.

don137
01-17-2008, 09:33 AM
By staying within the organization and Jauron stating "major changes' are needed on offense yet the only personnel change is Fairchild leaving the Bills definitely are implying that Fairchild is the reason for the ineptness of the Bills offense this past season.
If you believe this theory then you probably like the changes. If you do not buy this theory and think it was more than just Fairchild then you probably hate the coaching moves.
I wonder if Fairchild would of been fired had he not been hired at Colorado State.

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Get used to it, as long as Ralph breathes the Bills will always be a terrible team.

Voltron
01-17-2008, 05:28 PM

It really becomes a chore to be positive about a team who's owner is known around the league as being tight fisted and over bearing. I mean Jerry Jones may be the one who is on the side lines during the games but he always has put his money where his mouth is.

Remember the definition of insanity.

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Ralph has been doing that since 1995

Voltron
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I swear I can hear him telling stories about how a cup of coffe used to only cost a penny and gas was just a nickle! :snicker:

Philagape
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Why does he have a bad resume?

Because there's nothing good on it.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Because there's nothing good on it.
You've seen his resume, interviewed him, and worked with him? Talked to coaches he's worked with previously? Talked to players he's coached?

If not, I think you're being prematurely judgmental.

Philagape
01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Anyone can see his resume on his BB.com page, and anyone can quickly find the results. Even if the bad things that coincided with his stints (his previous three teams before joining the Bills went 8-40!) weren't his fault, there's still no positive accomplishments, like helping to successfully develop a young QB. I'm judging only his history.

patmoran2006
01-17-2008, 08:39 PM
AS long as Jauron is the coach, his handprints are on the playcalls.. You guys do know he wore the offensive coordinator headset last season, and I'm sure he'll do the same again.

I'm not sure ANY O.C. can suceed with a proven loser like Jauron being in charge. And that's not opinion, it's based on facts, such as his record, and the rankings of his offenses during his reign as head coach on three teams.

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
AS long as Jauron is the coach, his handprints are on the playcalls.. You guys do know he wore the offensive coordinator headset last season, and I'm sure he'll do the same again.

I'm not sure ANY O.C. can suceed with a proven loser like Jauron being in charge. And that's not opinion, it's based on facts, such as his record, and the rankings of his offenses during his reign as head coach on three teams.
You're blaming the wrong person, just like any business the fish rots from the head down. It starts with Wilson and works its way down, why can't the locals get this through their skulls? Are you all really that blind?

im4bflo
01-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm willing to give him a chance, he's new blood, nobody knows him like the other OC's mentioned. He knows what we've had didn't work, he's been watching on the sidelines, talking with the players, he was a QB himself (experience),
he knows plays that worked during practice that the players liked, but were never called during a game. I'll give him a chance, and see what he comes up with.
The 'No Huddle' was invented in Buffalo, let's hope he can top that with something new!

Night Train
01-18-2008, 06:05 AM
You're blaming the wrong person, just like any business the fish rots from the head down. It starts with Wilson and works its way down, why can't the locals get this through their skulls? Are you all really that blind?

Good grief. Like we don't know Ralph and his ways. Get over yourself.

LOL at " the locals ", as if we're zombies and you need to bring us back from the dead.

Once (or more) upon a time, the Bills actually overcame Ralph and won anyhow. The mid 1960's, which I enjoyed watching as a kid. The late 70's - early 80's, when Chuck Knox did a great job and the 1990's Polian-Butler years.

So some try and see a ray of light. Why must you and several others run around trying to block it with your " wisdom " ? It's a FAN site and positive views are allowed just as much as skepticism. WE ALL KNOW RALPH .

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Good grief. Like we don't know Ralph and his ways. Get over yourself.

LOL at " the locals ", as if we're zombies and you need to bring us back from the dead.

Once (or more) upon a time, the Bills actually overcame Ralph and won anyhow. The mid 1960's, which I enjoyed watching as a kid. The late 70's - early 80's, when Chuck Knox did a great job and the 1990's Polian-Butler years.

So some try and see a ray of light. Why must you and several others run around trying to block it with your " wisdom " ? It's a FAN site and positive views are allowed just as much as skepticism. WE ALL KNOW RALPH .
You are, you are some of the biggest homers and for no reason. Every year is "our year" to you people. You're either mental midgets or you're being sarcastic.

It will kick you in the face in a few years when the Bills aren't in Buffalo anymore, you'll all be running around in your womens underwear screaming why like Nancy ****ing Kerrigan and there will be one person to blame for it all, but you fools will still be praising the guy for losing four straight Super Bowls. "Well, at least we made it four straight."

Night Train
01-18-2008, 09:02 AM
You are, you are some of the biggest homers and for no reason. Every year is "our year" to you people. You're either mental midgets or you're being sarcastic.

It will kick you in the face in a few years when the Bills aren't in Buffalo anymore, you'll all be running around in your womens underwear screaming why like Nancy ****ing Kerrigan and there will be one person to blame for it all, but you fools will still be praising the guy for losing four straight Super Bowls. "Well, at least we made it four straight."

LOL.

You're waving a broad brush over every fan who doesn't have a complete meltdown over the Bills failures. Chalk it up to life experience and maturity.

We're all aware of their situation and realize calling people names on a Bills fan site does little to change anything.

Wys Guy
01-18-2008, 09:23 AM

Good point Pat!!

If Jauron was incapable of reigning Fairchild and his ..., I'm not even sure what to call it since "incompetence" is underrating it, "moroncy" although that's not a word, in in favor of some common sense, then he should be fired already.

Wilson simply doesn't care however, which is the primary reason why the Bills will suck perpetually before leaving town upon Wilson's death.

Voltron
01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Good point Pat!!

If Jauron was incapable of reigning Fairchild and his ..., I'm not even sure what to call it since "incompetence" is underrating it, "moroncy" although that's not a word, in in favor of some common sense, then he should be fired already.

Wilson simply doesn't care however, which is the primary reason why the Bills will suck perpetually before leaving town upon Wilson's death.
The Bills are not leaving town Mark! Jim Kelly is going to save the day .... you haven't heard him tell everyone that??!

:rolleyes:

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
The Bills are not leaving town Mark! Jim Kelly is going to save the day .... you haven't heard him tell everyone that??!

:rolleyes:
:sigh: