There is a fundemental flaw with us having a outdoor stadium...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

There is a fundemental flaw with us having a outdoor stadium...

Teams like Miami have a huge advantage because of climate, they get SB games. Decent size corporations can buy boxes in Miami and then get the advantage of having a SB held there every 5 years or so and being able to sell the boxes for multi-years worth of cost. I had a friend of mine that sold his box (Hooters) for $500,000 for the Indy SB. It paid for literally 5 years worth of the cost of the box. That in itself would give Buffalo a real fighting chance if we had a enclosed viable option for SB play. The corporations would have little fear of cost if they knew they had a minimal outlay with a break even type return and a write off at the same time. It maybe one of the biggest factors for the future of the Bills franchise, enclose a new beautiful stadium and have plenty of boxes.

Mark my words withing the next 5 years, the colts in their new palace will hold a SB and have all the trimmings of the SB corporate accounts.
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 01-17-2008, 12:17 AM.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: There is a fundemental flaw with us having a outdoor stadium...

The super bowl has become much more than a game, its now a two week long superbowl experiance with every major news network setting up shop for two weeks. Even MTV is there for petes sake, with all their celebs, its big business. Something that works better in Miami or Houston, not under 5 feet of snow in buffalo.

Although Detroit did have it a few years ago, that went pretty well.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by venis2k1
      The super bowl has become much more than a game, its now a two week long superbowl experiance with every major news network setting up shop for two weeks. Even MTV is there for petes sake, with all their celebs, its big business. Something that works better in Miami or Houston, not under 5 feet of snow in buffalo.

Although Detroit did have it a few years ago, that went pretty well.
      Imagine corporate execs having years of fun for virtually nothing and little expense to the company. It literally is a no brainer, it would not come back to haunt them on the balance sheet and they get tickets to all the premo events. Buffalo has the advantage of having 1 of the 7 wonders of the world near them with full Vegas style gambling and the beauty of the area for people to explore for multiple weeks before the event. You get the chance to have real money show up there and say OMG it cost this little for corporate office space with a multi-national type connection. Besides the huge initial expenses, it really leaves little room for debate. The Sabres would also benefit from this type of opportunity and could capatilize on the event to hold multiple games around the event for people to enjoy.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

I did not read this when I wrote this but after going to ESPN:

4. Hey, Len Pasquarelli, will the Super Bowl ever be played outdoors in a cold-weather city?

Because the Super Bowl is a week-long corporate event, as much as it is a football game, the NFL owners will always be reluctant to position the game is a so-called "Northern Tier" city. And playing the game in a city with an open-air stadium is probably never going to happen.

Of course, if some league precinct ever builds a non-domed stadium with a 100,000-seat capacity, anything is possible. Owners demonstrated last spring, when they awarded Dallas a title game over Indianapolis, that the millions in extra revenues created by all those extra seats definitely counts for something.

Here's everything you wanted to know about cold-weather football (but were too frozen to ask).

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

If you look at the top 5 coldest what's the chance of getting a SB without a dome?? .01%?

Coldest NFL cities

Lowest average temperatures in regular-season home games in December/January since the 2000 season.

TeamTemperature average
          Green Bay Packers25.90 degrees (F)
          Cleveland Browns34.39
          Kansas City Chiefs35.06
          Buffalo Bills35.94
          Pittsburgh Steelers36.10
          Chicago Bears36.35
          Cincinnati Bengals36.56
          New England Patriots36.85
          Source: Elias Sports Bureau

Coldest games in NFL history

TemperatureWind ChillDateLocationGame
          minus-13minus-48Dec. 31, 1967Lambeau Field
          Green Bay, Wis.
          Green Bay 21, Dallas 17
          NFL Championship
          minus-9minus-59Jan. 10, 1982Riverfront Stadium
          Cincinnati, Ohio
          Cincinnati 27, San Diego 7
          AFC Championship
          0minus-32Jan. 15, 1994Rich Stadium
          Orchard Park, N.Y.
          Buffalo 29, LA Raiders 23
          AFC Divisional game

Here's everything you wanted to know about cold-weather football (but were too frozen to ask).

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

First of all, even if they had a ****ing dome, there is no chance in hell that they will EVER get a Super Bowl in Buffalo. You must be smoking something if you think they will.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
              First of all, even if they had a ****ing dome, there is no chance in hell that they will EVER get a Super Bowl in Buffalo. You must be smoking something if you think they will.
              If someone spends the money for a new top of the line stadium they will come, build the field and the will come.

You'll still be able to party outside Mikey and enjoy the food / drink, the difference is that you'll be able to relax inside come gametime.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

buffalo can't support a superbowl, dome or not

you're nuts
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

When is the last time the Super Bowl has been held in the Northern US?

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

i agree with Crisis....Buffalo would not be able to handle a Superbowl event. Too many people and not enough hotels and restaurants.

i personally would hate to see the Bills play in a dome.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                      i agree with Crisis....Buffalo would not be able to handle a Superbowl event. Too many people and not enough hotels and restaurants.

i personally would hate to see the Bills play in a dome.
                      Shel, your a few hours north of me. How many times a year do you even go to Buffalo to watch a game?? I go for the home opener and that's about it.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Skooby you're completely off base here. As others mentioned Buffalo couldn't support a Super Bowl even with a dome.

Secondly, I can think of exactly two teams in the North to EVER have a Super Bowl, regardless of new stadiums and such. Detroit has held 2, Minnesota had 1. People simply do not want to travel to a cold climate in January/February. Well, real football fans would... but you don't really find them at the Super Bowl anyways.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

A dome wouldn't increase the chances of Buffalo getting a SB. Remember when Jacksonville hosted it and it was a huge disaster? They are going to stick to warm weather, major cities for the SB.

D & S Sports

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            A dome wouldn't increase the chances of Buffalo getting a SB. Remember when Jacksonville hosted it and it was a huge disaster? They are going to stick to warm weather, major cities for the SB.
                            well there went my reply. I guess I'll just have to use the "quote" function, lol

Comment

• Static
                              The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                              • Jul 2005

I would love to see a cold weather super bowl......last weeks game between Green Bay and the Giants was great...i love to see football in the snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X