• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

last year's offense: major problem discovered

“I expect to put some things on his shoulders,” Schonert said of Edwards. “We’re going to have an audible system. If he sees something that’s a disadvantage to us, I want him to make it an advantageous situation by checking to the right thing. We didn’t have that last year for the quarterback.”

um? they didn't have an audible system for the last two years? are you kidding me? to me that's like not having a running game. Oh wait.

Anyways, adding the ability to call audibles should go a long way to getting us out of the ruts of the league.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: last year's offense: major problem discovered

Originally posted by trapezeus
    “I expect to put some things on his shoulders,” Schonert said of Edwards. “We’re going to have an audible system. If he sees something that’s a disadvantage to us, I want him to make it an advantageous situation by checking to the right thing. We didn’t have that last year for the quarterback.”

um? they didn't have an audible system for the last two years? are you kidding me? to me that's like not having a running game. Oh wait.

Anyways, adding the ability to call audibles should go a long way to getting us out of the ruts of the league.
    That should tell you what they thought of JP Losman.

And when they changed QBs midyear, it was likely too late to implement a new system and make changes.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

And when they changed QBs midyear, it was likely too late to implement a new system and make changes.
      People will argue this point but I agree that the offensive staff had zero confidence in JP's ability to read the offense.

Comment

• Elminster
        #1 Kelsay Fan
        • Oct 2006

I don't care what you think of your QB. If you really are committed to developing him and helping him succeed, you at least let him call basic play-changes. It is simply inexcusable that we have been unable to change our plays, even when it was painfully obvious that the defense was ready for us.
        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

it also makes you wonder what the hell Trent's "we're running" hand signals were all about. if you can't change plays in the offense, Trent was probably signally, "it's ok everyone, at least i'm not getting run over in this play."

God, i really hate rooting for the bills sometimes. I hope turk is the second coming of levy/marchibroda and stuns us with this "diverse" and effective attack that can keep our d off the field and point on the board.

Can you imagine if turk was just a disgruntled employee below fairchild and wanted to do things different by fairchild was too much of an ass? And turk is ready to make thigns happen? Am i dreaming too much?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

We all knew they had limited or no audibles. The bad part was that JP alluded to it himself at times and wanted to change a play but could not.

Whether or not they thoguthhe could handle it is irrelevant. You have to at least give him a limited set of audibles. Hell, it ain't going to make it worse. Especially since JP was his best letting it fly and being creative.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Elminster
              I don't care what you think of your QB. If you really are committed to developing him and helping him succeed, you at least let him call basic play-changes. It is simply inexcusable that we have been unable to change our plays, even when it was painfully obvious that the defense was ready for us.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Just another excuse for lack of execution.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                  shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                  • Mar 2007

If they can't move the ball anyway, why not let them audible? What the hell is the difference? Could they have a worse offense? Stupid.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Their lack of faith translated into a losing record.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus

If you see 9 in the box and can do nothing about it, you are going to have problems. How many times did we all say to ourselves please don't run into the middle this year after seeing the box stacked? Too many.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                        ....formerly OhBF
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        Just another excuse for lack of execution.
                        ??????

Execution matters obviously, but despite how well a play is run, when the defense is set to specifically stop the play about to be run, chances of success drop considerably, especially in the run game. As for the pass game, 2 man routes make things far easier on a secondary. Superior talent can overcome a lot as well, but I don't believe the Bills would be considered to have an abundance of talent at this point.

No excuses, just the way it is.
                        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• jmb1099
                          • Sep 2004

Very interesting...
                          So the players weren't permitted to adapt? This goes way beyond just Losman. This explains and confirms an awful lot.

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

Thank you, Colorado, for picking up our trash.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

This year is going to be fun. I can feel it.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X