PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that the Bill's Brass ever check out sites like this?

jpdex12
01-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Does anybody feel that the Bill's Brass from time to time review fan websites like the Zone to see what the fan mentality is at various times?

Buckets
01-17-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm sure someone from 1BD is aware of what is being said on the Zone but probably more for the fan attitude than for advice. Afterall the whole idea is to sell seats at the games.

Tatonka
01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
im sure chris brown reads the boards.

TacklingDummy
01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I heard that JP Losman reads the board. But he has everyone on ignore except for djjimkelly, draz, Mikey, and justa.

Novacane
01-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I heard that JP Losman reads the board. But he has everyone on ignore except for djjimkelly, draz, Mikey, and justa.

:rofl:

Historian
01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
I know for a fact that they do.

The big guns have their minions scouring sites like these all the time.

Like Wilson's skeezy granddaughter.

trapezeus
01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
i would guess they don't. only because listening to critics in any field doesn't really help. there is no reason for them to trust as, even when we are all in agreement. to think they don't know they are fielding a crappy team is naive. They are trying to fix it at a cost effective pace. and since it's not our money, we want to throw it around without worry.

JJamezz
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Bills brass, as in the higher-ups in the organization, I don't know, I would highly doubt it..

Other people in the Bills organization, Buffalo media, etc., yes.

But I'm guessing its not for the reason you proposed - people who post on internet message boards make up a very small percentage of their fan base. I think the guys at OBD who look at other fan sites are just that, they're fans of the team, like we are.

Dozerdog
01-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Their lawyers look in on us once in a while to make sure we aren't ripping off their content.

raphael120
01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Their lawyers look in on us once in a while to make sure we aren't ripping off their content.

holy crap dozer your sig picture is fricken hilarious

:lmao:

DMBcrew36
01-17-2008, 12:51 PM
They should if they don't. It would help them with marketing and such

Dont drink the water
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
No for if they did BillsZone would be getting cease and desist letters for copyright violations.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I know for a fact that they do.

The big guns have their minions scouring sites like these all the time.

Like Wilson's skeezy granddaughter.
That's why I always say nice things about Ralph.

venis2k1
01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Unfortunatly they prolly cruise the board at the bills official site.

DynaPaul
01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
But I'm guessing its not for the reason you proposed - people who post on internet message boards make up a very small percentage of their fan base.

While that may be true, we speak for the majority of the fans out there. I know at least 5 other fans who don't go on any Bills message boards and have the same gripes and complaints that most of us do. Some people just don't really feel like talking about it on the Internet. It doesn't mean that they're not out there.

im4bflo
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
you guys are tripping if you think anybody from the Bills is reading this crap :roflmao:

LifetimeBillsFan
01-18-2008, 02:46 AM
I don't know about the Bills brass, but I know for a fact that there are members of the media that do.

How do I know this?

Because, on at least two occasions, things that I wrote in my articles that appears on the BZ front page suddenly ended up being used in articles that were published by WNY area newspapers that cover the team.

The first instance occurred during the 2005 season, after had I pointed out in my article previewing the Week # 3 game that the Bills' defense had quit during the Week # 2 game versus Tampa Bay and linked the fact that the veteran-laden defense had quit after JP Losman had given up a safety to the internal dissension over Losman being named the team's starting QB that E.Moulds had refered to in an interview just prior to the season. About 2 weeks later, an article appeared in a local WNY paper that covers the Bills using virtually the same language and an example that I had used at one point in accusing some of the players of quitting.

The second instance occurred after M.Levy's first draft. As virtually everyone knows, a lot of people were shocked and upset by the Bills' selection of D.Whitner and J.McCargo in the first round and many were very surprised by the fact that the Bills used their picks to draft so many defensive players. All of the initial reviews of the Bills' first day selections were negative. Then, I wrote an article defending and explaining Levy's draft strategy that appeared on the BZ front page (which was subsequently picked up by at least one other website by agreement with the BZ).

Within 3 days of my article appearing on the BZ front page, at least two articles appeared in WNY newspapers that incorporated not only the basic theme of my article, but one of its central premises: that the Bills traded up to take J.McCargo because they were concerned that the NY Giants would take McCargo late in the first round before the Bills could take McCargo in the second round and that the reason that they felt that they needed to get McCargo was that there was a big drop-off at the DT position on most NFL teams' draft boards. I was the first and only one to say that (ask patmoran if you don't believe me because he PM'd me about it) in an article immediately after the Bills made that move. Then, suddenly, 2-3 days later, guys who cover the team for the local newspapers are saying the same thing...how'd that happen? And, where did they come up with that idea--an idea that no one else had put down in writing previously but me in my BZ article?

To be honest with you, I was flattered that those writers would find what I had written about to be worthy of presenting in their own articles. But, the fact that they did that indicates to me that, if they don't read what is posted on the forums, they are at least monitoring what appears on the BZ front page.

And, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they are glancing over the forums as well, if only to get the sentiments of the fans (I find it interesting that certain writers that cover the team are writing a lot about how the team needs a big WR and a pass-catching TE--these are things that people have been writing about consistently on this forum quite some time now with considerable authority (see some of DraftBoy's posts!) and now the guys covering the team have just discovered the same things; which they could have come up with on their own, of course, but....).

jamze132
01-18-2008, 03:25 AM
If I were a star QB like JP, I would surf the boards to see what all the "common folk" had to say about my mad skills!

:dance:

YardRat
01-18-2008, 05:11 AM
It's obvious they've taken my advice from time to time.

Wys Guy
01-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm sure someone from 1BD is aware of what is being said on the Zone but probably more for the fan attitude than for advice. Afterall the whole idea is to sell seats at the games.

I would agree with that.

As of now however, we are only achieving sellouts via ticket sales to "the enemy."

I for one object to having a stadium filled with 20-30K opposing fans, or even close. 10K is too many. Hell, 5K is too many.

But hey, that's what we're left with given a team that isn't worth wasting our time and money on.

TigerJ
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
The things Turk Schonert said at his press conference sounded like a direct response to the criticisms that had been leveled at Fairchild's offensive strategy this past season on this and other message boards. Those criticisms have been much more specific and blunt on message boards than you will ever see in mainstream media. I would guess that fan sentiment on message boards is not the reason he's making changes, but I think fan sentiment on message boards might have plenty to do with how specifically he's describing the changes he expects to make.

im4bflo
01-18-2008, 08:34 PM
tripping :roflmao:

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 08:35 PM
That's why I always say nice things about Ralph.
**** Ralph.

Historian
01-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Because, on at least two occasions, things that I wrote in my articles that appears on the BZ front page suddenly ended up being used in articles that were published by WNY area newspapers that cover the team.

Same thing happened to me.

Once from an article I wrote, once from a message board post.

In both instances, the author gave me credit.

:up:

Hard Nose Football
01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I went to high school with Jimmy Overdorf.

Jimmy, PM me.