X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

BTB BLOG: MacARTHUR DRIVEN INTO NET

Buffalo Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff was heated during his post-game interview with the media following Buffalo's 2-1 loss to the New York Rangers. And it wasn't the Sabres winless streak expanding to 10 straight that had Ruff rilled up.

"It was harder than I would've wanted," Shanahan told the Associated Press. "It certainly warranted a penalty. I'm glad the guy didn't get hurt.
    "I wanted to knock him down into the net, not into the post."

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Since this was Shanahan or Jagr, you knew no penalty or suspense is coming. They are Buttman boys. That was a nasty, cheap hit.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: BTB BLOG: MacARTHUR DRIVEN INTO NET

That was unbelievable that nothing was called. Typical NHL though. They want to protect this from happening to the superstars but if the superstars commit the infraction they turn the other cheek.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

That was total bull****.

I was flipping out when it happened, now the new girlfriend thinks im insane lol.. "its just a game babe!"
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
        That was total bull****.

I was flipping out when it happened, now the new girlfriend thinks im insane lol.. "its just a game babe!"
        I've been hearing that for years from the wife. She just accepts it now.

Comment

Working...
        X