X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hintexas
    • Mar 2003

TE - Tennessee, Jason Witten

A couple of new mock drafts have the Bills takeing Tennessee TE Jason Witten with the first round pick. I know Buffalo likes Vols. Is this the best way to use the pick?

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

hell no it is not a good way to use the pick..

dallas clarke will be just as good imho.. if not better..

but i dont care what te it is.. none of the guys have the obvious talent of a shockey.. and he is the only TE in the league that looks like he is worth a 1st round pick..

makes me just kringe thinking of using a 1st rounder on a TE
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

No worries Tatonka, Td will make us proud Go Bills!

Comment

• Ron C.
        • Mar 2003

The first round (even late in the round) should be used on a player that would be too hard or too expensive to acquire in FA. No way I see TD going TE in the 1st.

Comment

• hintexas
          • Mar 2003

I agree I want to see the Bills take the best Defensive end in the first, TE - Clarke in the 2nd and S - Battle in the 3rd if they are available.

Comment

• Winfield_26
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I dont want Julian Battle, he will have a hard time I think in zone coverage he is used to the man-man style of CB play.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i would think that if you were good at man to man, that adjusting to zone would not be that hard.. well.. much easier than ifyou are bad in man to man.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsMan80
                Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                • Jul 2002

Witten is going to be a stud. I don't think it would be a reach at all. Unless Jerome McDougal or William Joseph is there at 23, Witten would be my pick. Witten is 6-5, 254, runs a 4.62 40 and can split out wide. Is a cross between Gonzalez and Shockey. Witten is a very good blocker, excellent receiver, had good hands, and has the production. An overall great talent. My value range would be 15-25 for Witten.
                The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

ESPNs Mel Kipler has Witten going halfway though the second. Hardly a top 15 pick.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I can't listen to Mel Kiper since he got blasted by the colts owner
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsMan80
                      • Jul 2002

Mel Kiper's hair is more knowledgeable about the draft than him.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I don't think Witten will be drafted by the Bills.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

All because Mel doesn't make good mock drafts doesn't mean he doesn't know the players. I am not a huge fan of Mel either but hardly anyone gets the draft 100% right. Go Bills!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                            • Jul 2002

TSN's preview picks Witten to go to us at 23. That's 15-25 range.

Comment

• Akhippo
                              • Nov 2002

I like anybody that has a decent knowledge of football stats and not football opinion. Nobody gets a mock right. Once that shocker pick comes in things are up for grabs. I think it was funny that the colts owner was called on the carpet for his pick. I dont remember who is was exactly, but I think it was a wasted pick. For people who dont think Kiper knows much about football, owners know less. You have the ones that think they do. Jones and Snider.
                              Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

Working...
                              X