PDA

View Full Version : The fly on the wall in Schonert's office reports...

Pride
01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
As soon as Schonert was given the job as OC he said the following:

Fairchild was a moron for not having a FB on this team for 3rd and 4th and 1's.
Fairchild was a moron for not having an audible system in place for our QB's.
Fairchild was a moron for spending half of the week practicing plays that he never had any intention of actually running in the game
Fairchild was a moron for not rolling out our mobile QB's

more to come soon...

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Till then, it's a bad move.

Mahdi
01-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Fairchild was a moron for spending half of the week practicing plays that he never had any intention of actually running in the game

more to come soon...
did this fly tell u this,,,, a credible fly? or is this speculation? Just curious...

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 01:36 PM
That's a pretty smart fly.

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
did this fly tell u this,,,, a credible fly? or is this speculation? Just curious...
It was Brian H's fly.

Mitchy moo
01-17-2008, 01:39 PM
That's a pretty smart fly.

:rockon:

venis2k1
01-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Fairchilds an idiot for never running a play action pass play despite running it 60% of the time.

Michael82
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
So basically Schonert got the job because he's smarter than Fairchild? :scratch:

Pride
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Fairchilds an idiot for never running a play action pass play despite running it 60% of the time.

You know the fly too?

madness
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM

He didn't come out and say Fairchild was a moron to the press but he did basically state all these things in one interview or another.

People aren't obviously aware of Turk's credentials. It's actually amazing to me that nobody gave this guy a chance. He understood Walsh's offense very well and he showed it on the field at Stanford. He also was pretty successful at calling plays for Arizona's no huddle and 2 minute drill since the O-coordinator liked to be in the booth.

To count this guy out before he even starts is borderline ignorance.

Jan Reimers
01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
He didn't come out and say Fairchild was a moron to the press but he did basically state all these things in one interview or another.

People aren't obviously aware of Turk's credentials. It's actually amazing to me that nobody gave this guy a chance. He understood Walsh's offense very well and he showed it on the field at Stanford. He also was pretty successful at calling plays for Arizona's no huddle and 2 minute drill since the O-coordinator liked to be in the booth.

Thank you.

im4bflo
01-17-2008, 11:51 PM
That's a very logical and factual fly. :up: sign him up!

Forward_Lateral
01-18-2008, 06:34 AM

No no no no no, you got it all wrong! The Bills were supposed to go out and get a big name, little talent OC like Cam Cameron or Mooch! Remember, Ralph is cheap and the only reason Turk was given the job was because Ralph didn't want to over pay an OC.

/sarcasm

mybills
01-18-2008, 06:52 AM
I like that fly! :up:

mybills
01-18-2008, 07:07 AM

more to come soon...

Pride
01-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Good work MyBills

mybills
01-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks, the odd thing is that I made that around the 5th game of the season. :ill:
It had Jauron's head before. Either one works I suppose.

Wys Guy
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM

more to come soon...

Just out of curiosity, who hired Fairchild?

Why? How was that decision met, here, right here on these MBs?

What did those that hired him say about him?

Did anyone, those same hiring figures, or anyone here, do any due diligence on Fairchild? I know that I did. In print even.

I know that I had pretty much identified him as similar upon his hiring, yet that was summarily dismissed here.

I know that I fully lambasted the decision to go w/o a FB many times prior to the season starting.

And Schonert comes in and says absolutely nothing but what's common sense, and he's lauded?

Boy, we've sure come a long way as Bills fans criticizing the miniscule from the Polian-era Bills to lauding someone for suggesting things that are about as fundamental as they get in terms of running a team.

Wys Guy
01-18-2008, 09:15 AM
BTW, I'm awaiting the goundbreaking announcement that this team understands that it all begins with the lines.

Maybe they'll even coin a phrase such as "it all starts in the trenches" or something new like that.

:rolleyes:

This entire team from Wilson on down is run by morons and idiots. Really.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2008, 09:19 AM
What ever happened to Brian H?

raphael120
01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Was it that rich fly that's an insider?

thecoordinator
01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
it's funny there is always a whipping boy in buffalo that leaves town, yet things never seem to get any better the following season...who will be the addition by subtraction this offseason?

gr8slayer
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
it's funny there is always a whipping boy in buffalo that leaves town, yet things never seem to get any better the following season...who will be the addition by subtraction this offseason?
Is it as funny as the Dolphins always being contenders every year in the eyes of Dolphins fans?

Historian
01-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Remember, Ralph is cheap and the only reason Turk was given the job was because Ralph didn't want to over pay an OC.

Sorry, but some of us who have followed this team for over thirty years, know a little something about the way it operates, and the how's and the why's of the decision making processes at 1BD.

I personally think that this one falls into the blind squrrel and the nut theory. Schoenert is more than qualified, he's ready for the next step, and he's there already, waiting to fall into their laps. Oh and by the way...his salary is in line.

Sometimes Ralph gets it right by accident, just as he did with Bill Polian.

That being said however, I like Schoenert's pedigree. He learned under Wyche, who was a disciple of Walsh, who was a disciple of Paul Brown...perhaps the greatest coach ever. This promotion is going to work out well for the Bills, despite the way it came about.

And I think it makes sense from the point of Trent's development. Modify the system you have in place, instead of asking a young QB to learn a whole new system for his sophmore season.

mybills
01-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Nice post, Hist! :bf1: I agree!