Since everyone is posting mock drafts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Since everyone is posting mock drafts...

I figured I'd post one that me and an old HS buddy hashed out on the phone a few hours ago. He's sort of a football fanatic, and actually provided some decent insight (he doesn't know squat about college ball, but he does know NFL team needs)...

The draft has no trades (I always thought the worst thing about "mock drafts" were the trades), and contains an aspect I don't think is amply considered in most mock drafts... the idea of the "run".

So, without further ado... here is my meaningless contribution to the seemingly endless supply of mock drafts that are available now days... to be considered and debated for the next two to three days.

1)CIN=Kennedy, DT Penn St.
    2)DET=Rogers, WR Mich St
    3)HOU=Suggs, DE Arz St
    4)CHI=Robertson, DT Kentucky
    5)DAL=Leftwich, QB Marshal
    6)ARZ=Palmer, QB USC
    7)MIN=Newman, CB Kansas St
    8)JAX=Johnson, WR Miami
    9)CAR=Gross, OT Utah
    10)BAL=Sullivan, DT Georgia
    11)SEA=Williams, DT Oklahoma St
    12)STL=Bailey, OLB Georgia
    13)NYJ=Henderson, ILB Maryland
    14)NE=Harris, OT Stanford
    15)SD=Jacobs, WR Florida
    16)KC=Pierce, LB Kansas St
    17)NO=Witten, TE Tenn
    18)NO=Trufant, CB Wash St
    19)NE=Peterson, DE/DT Ohio St
    20)DEN=Haynes, DE Penn St.
    21)CLE=Redding, DE Texas
    22)NYJ=Washington, WR Tenn
    23)BUF=Mathis, DB Bethune Cookman
    24)IND=Woolfolk, CB Oklahoma
    25)NYG=Hayes, ILB Penn St
    26)SF=Lloyd, WR Illnois
    27)PIT=Doss, SS Ohio
    28)TEN=Steinbach, OT Georgia
    29)GB=Grossman, QB Florida
    30)PHI=Johnson, TE Stanford
    31)OAK=Polamalu, SS USC
    32)OAK=Faine, C ND

*note: this draft is who I think each team will take… this is not an evaluation of the talent of the players, nor a claim on their actual value… this is pick purely on gut and insight into some of the GMs and coaches… along with a decent understanding of needs. With luck, I think this could be a fairly accurate mock draft… but it is also fairly likely some of these players don’t get drafted in the second round, let alone the first… as I said… there is a lot of gut to this mock draft.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-04-2003, 11:34 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

You don't think the Bills would take Haynes? I would no doubt, that's just me though. I would definitely take a DT or DE with that pick. Go Bills!

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Shoot where did haynes go? I could have sworn we had him drafted... sorry... i found him... i have this writen wrong... one sec I'll fix it...
      Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-04-2003, 11:37 PM.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

I had a Denver pick from our sketch of round 2 mix in with their first round pick... now Haynes is drafted
        Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-04-2003, 11:39 PM.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Well it's good that you realized you messed up. If you did this on purpose I would worry...lol:)! Go Bills!

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

You have Robert Johnson TE from (Auburn) goint to Philly instead of clarke? That's different. Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

wow.. that is alot of DTs.. way way early.. i would be surprised by that... and that is also alot of DEs way early too..

would be nice to squeaze ty warren out of the second round eh?

i also think that dallas wont give up on hutchenson that fast.. if they draft leftwich.. they say.. he is the future.

i would be fine with mathis as our 1st rounder.

it is different than most.. but i like it.. fun reading no doubt..

ing, i guess you are assuming that cincy hired a scouting department and wont take palmer? lol.. i dont know about that.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

no I have Teyo Johnson (TE from Stanford) going to Phily

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i also havent heard much about Hayes, ILB from pennstate going in the first.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

I thought I read somewhere that Teyo Johnson refused to workout at tightend!? Go Bills!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

yeah.. i read alot of debate about teyo too.. to slow to play wr.. to weak and light to play TE.. hmm..

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

Thanks T,

That’s what I was going for... something a bit different... it also takes into account the psychological factors... once DL starts to go early, everyone will jump the bandwagon...

You're right, Kennedy makes a little too much sense for Cinci to do it...

If you think Parcells actually believes Hutchinson or Aarter is the man to take them the distance than you're smoking something... He wouldn't hesitate to take a guy like Leftwich… especially if Suggs and Kennedy are off the board.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Why would they draft him over clarke that doesn't make any sense to me to pick a so so WR over a natural TE in Clake. Go Bills!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Hayes probably shouldn't go in the first... but again necessity makes for strange draft picks (Levi Jones to Cinci at 10??)... Besides, when I was trying to figure out who the NYG would pick... he just jumped off the paper... and I thought "That’s a NYG pick!!!"

Teyo Johnson refused to workout at TE? That’s news to me (not that I've gone out west to see him)... but from the tape I've seen all I can think is that’s a WCO TE… is this high? Sure… but the Eagles have been drafting fairly strangely in recent years, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

on hutchinsen.. i think it was just something i was reading.. that they did like him, and werent drafting a qb early.. but who knows.. just cuz i think he's a bum..lol

good draft though..

Comment

Working...
                              X