PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone love shoenart now?

83evans
01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I love what hes doing already. Using west coast scheme, bringing in a FB, ray brown, and saying that audibles will be used if needed. He seems like hes making changes fast and trying to build us up in what we need. We should put him as OC/ GM. Sorry I may be getting to excited but still, this is turning out to be a pretty good move.

Tatonka
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
i think everyone assumed that because he was the qb coach under the last douche we had here, that that is the offense he would run.. but he has worked under many offenses and has seen alot, so he will make the changes he sees fit to.

TigerJ
01-17-2008, 10:33 PM
He saw what everyone else saw, and made up his mind to start changing what he saw as weaknesses in Fairchild's approach. He also saw the fan reaction to what Fairchild was doing and to the fact that he's replacing Fairchild. It doesn't take a real smart person to figure out that fans hated the last guy, and suspicious of your ability to do a better job, and the first thing you can do to get on the fans' good side is to start describing the things you are going to do differently.

RedEyE
01-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Its definitly refreshing seeing someone that understands what didn't work and also knowing the potential and the abiliity of each player having been on the roster for some time.

What I find incredibly exciting is having Edwards run a West Coast style offense.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-18-2008, 02:04 AM
I really like what Schonert is saying so far, but he didn't say that he was putting in a West Coast offense. So, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

What he said is that, while Holmgren in Seattle is the only one who runs a true WCO in the Bill Walsh mold, every team has taken some plays from the WCO and adapted them to their systems and that he would be doing that also with the Bills. He also said that, while he prefers to have a 2-back set with a FB, he isn't planning on changing the Bills' basic running game that much.

It will be interesting to see what changes he puts into the passing game and how he plans to diversify the offense. For him to be successful doing that, though, the Bills have to add more weapons to the offense and IMHO they have already discussed and made some plans for how they are going to do that. I have to believe that they will almost certainly be adding a TE and/or big WR who can get deep (if Schonert intends to use some WCO concepts in the passing game, they would almost certainly have to do this because the TE plays a prominent role in the WCO passing game, which also works well with having at least one big, rangy, fast WR on the field).

Romes
01-18-2008, 02:13 AM
To support what LBF said, directly from Chris Browns Blog:

"The west coast to me is just terminology because everybody runs the same (expletive)" - Turk Schonert

Oaf
01-18-2008, 02:27 AM
How can anyone love him when hasn't done anything yet? I mean, who wouldn't sell out the worst offensive coordinator in the league?

LifetimeBillsFan
01-18-2008, 03:06 AM
How can anyone love him when hasn't done anything yet? I mean, who wouldn't sell out the worst offensive coordinator in the league?

I didn't say that I love him, just that I like what he has said so far. Obviously it is now up to him to do those things and make the offense more productive.

We'll see if he can do that--but we're going to have to wait until the end of the 2008 season to see what the results are.

jamze132
01-18-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm just very glad that he came out and said that certain players weren't invloved enough and that he wants the ball in their hands.

IMO, Evans, Lynch and Parrish need to have the ball in their hands 90% of the time from different formations.

YardRat
01-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Hopefully he can impress on the brain trust how badly we need a legit #2 WR and they address it quickly in FA.

Mitchy moo
01-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Will the Bills have an advantage on offense because of the new style??

Wys Guy
01-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I love what hes doing already. Using west coast scheme, bringing in a FB, ray brown, and saying that audibles will be used if needed. He seems like hes making changes fast and trying to build us up in what we need. We should put him as OC/ GM. Sorry I may be getting to excited but still, this is turning out to be a pretty good move.

Well, he did such a fantastic job with his QBs over the years, how can anyone doubt him.

:rolleyes:

They can say all that they want to. Most people have learned as much re: this organization by now.

Jan Reimers
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
You can pour perfume on a pig, and you can polish a turd, but you can't make a great QB out of Rob Johnson, Aaron Brooks, Chris Weinke or JP Losman.

How do we know that Turk didn't get the very best out of these guys?

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, he did such a fantastic job with his QBs over the years, how can anyone doubt him.

:rolleyes:

They can say all that they want to. Most people have learned as much re: this organization by now.
Don't confuse the homers with facts, everyone who is hired by God (Ralph Wilson Jr.) is himself a God amongst mortals when it comes to coaching.

Hey, he might not be serious and he might not care about winning, but at least Buffalo still has a team.

mysticsoto
01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Interesting, I said this awhile back...that a west coast offense would probably suit Edward's strengths. But this means that JP is probably not worth even keeping on the roster. JP is terrible at the short, touch passes. I guess I won't be expecting to see JP here anymore.

I'm not a huge fan of the WCO, but it might not be a bad idea...

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Interesting, I said this awhile back...that a west coast offense would probably suit Edward's strengths. But this means that JP is probably not worth even keeping on the roster. JP is terrible at the short, touch passes. I guess I won't be expecting to see JP here anymore.

I'm not a huge fan of the WCO, but it might not be a bad idea...
Well since the master/creator of the West Coast Offense liked him then you're probably right.

Losman needs to go, I agree.

raphael120
01-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I tell ya, Ralph knows how to win over fans...give them crap like Fairchild who is one of the worst OC's in the league, and kick him out, and put in someone better that isn't god awful and everyone gets happy and excited. Ugh I hate how this cycle has been, and I hope the cycle breaks, but i said that 3 years ago, and then before that 2 years...then another 2 years before that.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I tell ya, Ralph knows how to win over fans...give them crap like Fairchild who is one of the worst OC's in the league, and kick him out, and put in someone better that isn't god awful and everyone gets happy and excited. Ugh I hate how this cycle has been, and I hope the cycle breaks, but i said that 3 years ago, and then before that 2 years...then another 2 years before that.
Which is why Ralph will be the reason the NFL won't mind letting the Bills move away.

Which is why Ralph should rot in hell.

Mr. McSwagger
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Except they didn't "kick out" Fairchild. He left of his own accord.

Philagape
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
The ideas are nice, but it's not that impressive to think of things that, well, people here can think of.

R. Rich
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM

Ever since the year I got married (the last year the Bills were in the playoffs), I've been getting excited 'bout every change the Bills make, believing that it's the one move that will put the team over the top and make them a title contender.

I think I'll try a more, "wait and see" approach this time, so that I'm not going into another offseason w/ dashed hopes after being sold yet another bill of goods.

If I had to use a term, I'll use the cliched "cautious optimism" in reference to the Bills' latest moves.