PDA

View Full Version : Edwards will be on a short leash in 2008

Losman4Life
01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Edwards look pathetic ever since he got the starting job late in the season and if he continues struggle in training camp and turn the ball over than don't be surprised if he's benched early in the season for JP especially since Schonert likes JP better and knows that he is the better, more talented athlete than Edwards is. I could see Losman tear it up in 2008 if he's given a fair chance unlike last season. His numbers weren't that bad anyway despite not playing a full season in 2007.

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Dude, you have no credibility with a user name like that. Edwards does indeed suck balls but now we're stuck with the guy and we have yet another four year project on our hands. He gets three years like every other rookie, after three years he can go to hell if he hasn't gotten "it."

I've got my Edwards jersey and I'll wear it proudly.............. I guess.

TacklingDummy
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Losman never received a fair shot out of his 4 chances.

Everyone has been screwing him.

It couldn't possibly be JP's own fault.

YardRat
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
:rofl:

If Schonert can manage both guys this year being on the same team again, regardless of how the offense performs, he should be given a life time extension.

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
:rofl:

If Schonert can manage both guys this year being on the same team again, regardless of how the offense performs, he should be given a life time extension.
There should be no "if."

If Edwards is the guy the Losman needs to go right now.

YardRat
01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Even if Edwards isn't 'the guy', Losman can go, especially after his agent opened up his yap.

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Even if Edwards isn't 'the guy', Losman can go, especially after his agent opened up his yap.
If Edwards isn't "the guy" this team is ****ed for another ten years. Sadly, he's our only hope right now.

Mitchy moo
01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Useless pisssing contest here, do not go up.

Bmax
01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
I didn't know that JP's Friends and family were zoners...

Welcome.. your blind loyalty to JP is understood....He must given you a great Christmas present....

Bmax

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-17-2008, 10:27 PM
I'd trade Losman for a bag of dirt and a rusty nail if it would make losman4life stfu and go away

djjimkelly
01-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I didn't know that JP's Friends and family were zoners...

Welcome.. your blind loyalty to JP is understood....He must given you a great Christmas present....

Bmax

on that same note the blind hope in edwards is a bit crazy too.

i truly hope they shock world and draft a QB

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM

It honestly wouldn't shock me, I don't think this team knows what direction they want to go in.

ParanoidAndroid
01-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Edwards look pathetic ever since he got the starting job late in the season and if he continues struggle in training camp and turn the ball over than don't be surprised if he's benched early in the season for JP especially since Schonert likes JP better and knows that he is the better, more talented athlete than Edwards is. I could see Losman tear it up in 2008 if he's given a fair chance unlike last season. His numbers weren't that bad anyway despite not playing a full season in 2007.

:spam:

raphael120
01-17-2008, 10:39 PM
HE

IS

A

ROOKIE

Philagape
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
I'd trade Losman for a bag of dirt and a rusty nail if it would make losman4life stfu and go away

There's a magical land of invisible trolls called Ignore.

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 10:52 PM
HE

IS

A

ROOKIE
So? Next year are you going to say; "he's a second year player?"

He's in the NFL which means he's one of the elite football players in the world. There are no excuses when you're getting paid the kind of money these guys get paid, he wasn't very good at all this past year, even for a rookie he stunk the place up, he's not our future, he's our now, and he's no guarantee. He gets two more years before I'll pack his bags for him but don't make excuses every step of the way for the guy.

kgun12
01-17-2008, 10:54 PM

You could probably get the bag of dirt for JP, but if you want the rusty nail, you will have to throw in Edwards. Another words, I think they both suck!

gr8slayer
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
You could probably get the bag of dirt for JP, but if you want the rusty nail, you will have to throw in Edwards. Another words, I think they both suck!
He gets two more years.......

kgun12
01-17-2008, 11:01 PM
He gets two more years.......

I know...I know...:sadwalk:

TigerJ
01-17-2008, 11:40 PM
JP will be traded.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-18-2008, 12:14 AM
There's a magical land of invisible trolls called Ignore.

i'd still take a bag of dirt and a rusty nail for losman :dance:

Jaybird
01-18-2008, 12:17 AM
i think it does matter that Trent was a rookie!!!!
He looked good at times, and also looked liked a rookie. DO u think the fact that we didnt have audibles makes a difference.....

LifetimeBillsFan
01-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Eli Manning didn't start to get "it" until the last game of this season against the Pats (see any NYC area paper to see how bad and inconsistent he played this year!). Phillip Rivers still is inconsistent and had really bad games despite being surrounded with LT, C.Chambers, A.Gates and V.Jackson (the Bills could only wish to have those weapons on offense!).

I believe that JP Losman has a lot of physical ability and is a smart guy. The problem with JP is that he hasn't gotten "it" yet and, as a result, he has had problems with his execution and decision-making when the whistle blows and the pressure of the game begins. He may or may not get over that at some point--no one can really say that for sure now. But, with the Bills' coaching staff feeling some pressure to finally have a winning season in 2008, they are not going to wait to find out--they are going to go with the guy that they think has the best chance of getting "it".

Right now, they think that Edwards is the guy with the best chance of getting "it" and they are going to give him every chance that they can to show that he has. WHile Edwards may not have quite the same physical gifts as Losman, Edwards has shown that he has poise under fire, the ability to feel the rush and get rid of the ball quickly, the ability to spread the ball around to different receivers instead of locking on to one receiver and, overall, the potential to ultimately get "it". Again, we don't know if he will, but he has shown surprising maturity and leadership as a rookie. And, that will get him a chance to show the coaches whether he can start to make the right and the big plays in the clutch in 2008.

If Edwards takes a step back and really struggles, as he did in some games at the end of the season, the Bills' coaches may decide to sit him for a game or two in order to clear his head, but, unless JP Losman goes out and suddenly turns into D.Brees in 2008, I think that they are going to give Edwards every chance that they can to show them whether he can be their QB down the line.

I think that adding an audible package will really help Edwards and Losman (if JP stays with the Bills). IMHO it is very difficult for any NFL QB to succeed if he doesn't have the chance to audible out of bad plays when he sees them. I think that the calling audibles is one of the things that really can determine whether a QB can really be a winner on the pro level or not.

Oaf
01-18-2008, 02:25 AM
You never know. One solid hit and Edwards is done for a bit. If Losman can come in and win that game plus the next one or two, this whole board will be sucking his d again. I watched the Bills too long now to discount the "impossible".

kernowboy
01-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Well I think JP has received all the chances he is likely to get, though the fact he kept quiet during the season, showing that he has some class, and is not the whinger some are trying to portray.

I am however not totally convinced by Edwards - he essentially has always played on losing teams and that mentality is hard to break, he never had a truly outstanding game last season and he has always had durability issues.
I see him maybe as being a Frank Reich but never a Jim Kelly

So I think that come Day1 of the 2009 draft we will be looking at which QBs are available. Don't be surprised if Hunter Cantwell or Todd Boeckman are dressing in royal blue

Confused
01-18-2008, 06:29 AM
sophmore slump?

The King
01-18-2008, 06:48 AM

Dude.... Build a bridge. Its over. JP won't be here in 08' and if he is its a unfair move to him and Trent. We need to move on. Give JP a chance to catch on elsewhere, and try to help our off season with a draft pick. Give Trent the season to not have to look over his shoulder, a mistake we clearly made with JP.

Jan Reimers
01-18-2008, 07:05 AM
I was a Losman fan for a long time, so I say to you:

IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON.

mybills
01-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Fairchild had them both on a short leash. JP is free now with his situation, and without Fairchild, Trent is also free now. No more putting leashes on our QB's. :down:

mchurchfie
01-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Dude, you're just pissed because you don't have enough zonebucks to change your username to Edwards4Life.
:lolpoint:Losman4Life

Mahdi
01-18-2008, 07:33 AM

Honestly if Gholston, Ellis and Phillips are gone by the time we pick,,,,it would be very tough to pass up a kid like Andre Woodson.

elltrain22
01-18-2008, 07:50 AM
First off, I wanna know what games your watching when Loserman is playing. Losman was okay in 06, i'll give ya that, but this year, he was absolutely awful. I am not saying that he will be awful forever, but at this point, it's hard to still be as optimistic as you are. BTW, Edwards was a rookie, was also voted rookie of the week twice. I don't think he did that bad.

don137
01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Eli Manning didn't start to get "it" until the last game of this season against the Pats (see any NYC area paper to see how bad and inconsistent he played this year!). Phillip Rivers still is inconsistent and had really bad games despite being surrounded with LT, C.Chambers, A.Gates and V.Jackson (the Bills could only wish to have those weapons on offense!).

I believe that JP Losman has a lot of physical ability and is a smart guy. The problem with JP is that he hasn't gotten "it" yet and, as a result, he has had problems with his execution and decision-making when the whistle blows and the pressure of the game begins. He may or may not get over that at some point--no one can really say that for sure now. But, with the Bills' coaching staff feeling some pressure to finally have a winning season in 2008, they are not going to wait to find out--they are going to go with the guy that they think has the best chance of getting "it".

Right now, they think that Edwards is the guy with the best chance of getting "it" and they are going to give him every chance that they can to show that he has. WHile Edwards may not have quite the same physical gifts as Losman, Edwards has shown that he has poise under fire, the ability to feel the rush and get rid of the ball quickly, the ability to spread the ball around to different receivers instead of locking on to one receiver and, overall, the potential to ultimately get "it". Again, we don't know if he will, but he has shown surprising maturity and leadership as a rookie. And, that will get him a chance to show the coaches whether he can start to make the right and the big plays in the clutch in 2008.

If Edwards takes a step back and really struggles, as he did in some games at the end of the season, the Bills' coaches may decide to sit him for a game or two in order to clear his head, but, unless JP Losman goes out and suddenly turns into D.Brees in 2008, I think that they are going to give Edwards every chance that they can to show them whether he can be their QB down the line.

I think that adding an audible package will really help Edwards and Losman (if JP stays with the Bills). IMHO it is very difficult for any NFL QB to succeed if he doesn't have the chance to audible out of bad plays when he sees them. I think that the calling audibles is one of the things that really can determine whether a QB can really be a winner on the pro level or not.

Agreed...In a nutshell JP may be an better "athlete" but Edwards will be the better quarterback. If the QB position was based on who is the better athlete, Vick would of been the best QB in the league...before going to jail.
JP does not have 'it' as a QB.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2008, 08:26 AM

:lmao:

mayotm
01-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Honestly if Gholston, Ellis and Phillips are gone by the time we pick,,,,it would be very tough to pass up a kid like Andre Woodson.It wouldn't be difficult at all. There is no way in hell that the Bills draft a QB . They are very high on Edwards.

jdbillsfan
01-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Honestly if Gholston, Ellis and Phillips are gone by the time we pick,,,,it would be very tough to pass up a kid like Andre Woodson.

I don't think it would be too hard. This team has a lot of holes to fill. You can't keep filling the same hole. At some point they need to build around the QB position.

Wys Guy
01-18-2008, 09:07 AM

Maybe the schedule is released and Miami's on it 16 times. Then maybe Edwards will finish the season with 30+ TDs and no INTs.

Otherwise names such as Leaf, Shuler, and Couch come to mind.

mayotm
01-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Maybe the schedule is released and Miami's on it 16 times. Then maybe Edwards will finish the season with 30+ TDs and no INTs.

Otherwise names such as Leaf, Shuler, and Couch come to mind.I see you're flaunting your ignorance again. Even if Edwards doesn't work out, he wouldn't be compared to Leaf, Shuler or Couch. There is a huge difference. Edwards was a third round pick. The players you compared him to were top five picks. Is that too difficult for you to comprehend Wys Man?

Gunzlingr
01-18-2008, 09:53 AM
sophmore slump?

God help us! :ill:

venis2k1
01-18-2008, 10:14 AM
The bottom line is Trent Edwards went 5-5 as a starter his rookie year, including a win over a team that made the playoffs. Im not ready to put him in the hall of fame yet, but Ryan Leaf he is not.

ScottLawrence
01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
When You got guys like Bill Walsh, Andy Ried, Steve Young, Rich Gannon, and other coaches in the league praising you're quarterback as a rookie, I think you stick with him.

In my oponion, Edwards is going to be a good quarterback in this league.

yordad
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Edwards look pathetic ever since he got the starting job late in the season and if he continues struggle in training camp and turn the ball over than don't be surprised if he's benched early in the season for JP especially since Schonert likes JP better and knows that he is the better, more talented athlete than Edwards is. I could see Losman tear it up in 2008 if he's given a fair chance unlike last season. His numbers weren't that bad anyway despite not playing a full season in 2007.Where did you see or hear that Schonert likes JP better? If you have a link or source, please share. I am very interested.

Buffatexas
01-18-2008, 04:24 PM
trolls are like crack, you want to ignore it but you just cant. You have to read the senseless babble and just hope they get banned

Philagape
01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Just say no!

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
trolls are like crack, you want to ignore it but you just cant. You have to read the senseless babble and just hope they get banned
So people who aren't blindly optimistic are trolls? What are people who are annoyingly optimistic called?

Buffatexas
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
So people who aren't blindly optimistic are trolls? What are people who are annoyingly optimistic called?

what qualifies a troll?? - my take? stating their personal opinions as fact. How the heck did you figure that I was calling losman4life blindly optimistic?

take his post as an example:
"Edwards look pathetic ever since he got the starting job late in the season and if he continues struggle in training camp and turn the ball over than don't be surprised if he's benched early in the season for JP especially since Schonert likes JP better and knows that he is the better, more talented athlete than Edwards is. I could see Losman tear it up in 2008 if he's given a fair chance unlike last season. His numbers weren't that bad anyway despite not playing a full season in 2007."

If you dont like the current situation, state your opinion but at least provide facts to back it up, but to sit there and state that Schonert likes JP better or that Ralph said that he wont spend the money because....(insert reason here). That is what makes a troll.

I am 99.9% NO ONE except maybe for 1 invididual on this board has a direct connection to the Bills FO and would have the C.O. Jones to relay information that is spoken about at OBD.

But to answer your question, I would not know what I would call a blindly optimistic person as there is not a one on this board.

Spiderweb
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
i think it does matter that Trent was a rookie!!!!
He looked good at times, and also looked liked a rookie. DO u think the fact that we didnt have audibles makes a difference.....

I think the lack of audibles effected BOTH QB's, and dare I say it, maybe Losman even more, in that it was a bit more understandable not to let Edwards have free reign as he was a rookie.

Fact is that, regardless of the QB, our offense was putrid, and the common denominator was Fairchild (play calling & schemes).

jonah7777
01-18-2008, 10:16 PM
If the bills were smart they would think about what they plan on doing if edwards is a flop. One thing that is concerning is his poor weather play and he wants to qb in buffalo? The bills have to keep a draft option open for a qb not in the first rounds but sadly qb is again a position on the team thatsa ? for year after year after year. I think edwards is well a rookie but also not very good in bad weather which he best learn how to play in quick.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Either way we need to bring someone in to "compete" with him, don't make him feel like he doesn't have to work for it like we did initially with Losman. Competition brings the best out in people.

YardRat
01-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I have to agree with that...JP never really earned anything in Buffalo.

He was handed the job his second year when Bledsoe was cut.
The 'competition' with Holcomb his third year was a joke and heavily weighted in his favor.
He had no competition for the job this year.

If Losman had actually been forced to earn the position, it looks pretty likely that he may never have even seen the field as a Bill, except as an injury replacement.

X-Era
01-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Typical feable attempt to rally fans around the notion that our 2nd year QB should have a make or break year.

Same crap people used to pull on Losman.

Hes not on a short leash, but thanks for playing.

X-Era
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM

trolls are like cracks, if you dont clean them out they stink up the place.

Typ0
01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Either way we need to bring someone in to "compete" with him, don't make him feel like he doesn't have to work for it like we did initially with Losman. Competition brings the best out in people.

not having competition at that position more than any other is stupid when you don't have a franchise QB and need to find one.

joekurtz
01-19-2008, 07:09 PM
The bottom line is Trent Edwards went 5-5 as a starter his rookie year, including a win over a team that made the playoffs. Im not ready to put him in the hall of fame yet, but Ryan Leaf he is not.

Right on.

And as for those who want the coaching staff to be ready with a quick hook for him & who're gripping about his poor play in inclement weather, get real folks. He was a rookie this year & needed to get some experience under his belt. Especially under those conditions.

Now, admittedly, Edwards performances in those bad weather games weren't particularly encouraging, but then neither were the performances of the opposing quarterbacks on those two Sundays. But, he had a better day than Eli did & look who's been lighting the league up ever since so ...