X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Looking back at the Willis trade...

Obviously i'm not a Willis fan. In fact I hate his guts.

But when we traded him last off season I thought that we might not have gotten enough considering the highest pick we got was a 3rd rounder (2 of them).

Turns out one of those 3rd round picks turned out to be Trent Edwards.

And on top of that...Baltimore was awful this past year...so the third round pick we got from them for this years draft could be considered a late second round pick.

So in return for "Thrillis" we got our possible "Franchise QB" plus a great pick in this years draft. Only god knows where our team would be right now if we didn't have Trent Edwards...we would probally be talking about picking one of the awful QB's in the draft this year.

Not to mencion we already have a way better running back than "Thrillis" could have ever been.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Looking back at the Willis trade...

Hopefully Edwards and whoever we get this year both pan out to be solid starters. Two decent players for an over-rated malcontent is a pretty good deal anyday.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I can see where you're coming from...... I guess, but we are far from stable at the QB position.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell

But when we traded him last off season I thought that we might not have gotten enough considering the highest pick we got was a 3rd rounder (2 of them).

And on top of that...Baltimore was awful this past year...so the third round pick we got from them for this years draft could be considered a late second round pick.

So in return for "Thrillis" we got our possible "Franchise QB" plus a great pick in this years draft. Only god knows where our team would be right now if we didn't have Trent Edwards...we would probally be talking about picking one of the awful QB's in the draft this year.

Not to mencion we already have a way better running back than "Thrillis" could have ever been.
        Many things are true, but the QB's in this years draft being awful is not one.

Matt Ryan is better than ANY prospect from the Leinhart, Cutler draft... Brian Brohm is almost as good and is still way better than either Leinhart or Cutler.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra

Matt Ryan is better than ANY prospect from the Leinhart, Cutler draft... Brian Brohm is almost as good and is still way better than either Leinhart or Cutler.
          I want Brennan.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            I want Brennan.
            I have said since day one that hes the guy I want the most.

Not because there isnt better, but because drafting him should send NO worries down Trents back, but he could very well be very good.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Not because there isnt better, but because drafting him should send NO worries down Trents back, but he could very well be very good.
              I think he has more upside than Edwards.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Maybe, maybe not. Predicting which QB's will succeed and which will fail isn't easy to do.

And for the record, I think Ryan and Brohm will be busts.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Only god knows where our team would be right now if we didn't have Trent Edwards...
                  We would still be a losing team watching the playoffs instead of playing in them.

This guy didn't show anything special to act like he is the next Tom Brady. A 56% completion percentage along with being unable to score an offensive TD in about half of the games he started isn't very productive in the NFL.

Willis had a great year for Baltimore and is a good RB. Two 3rd round picks isn't horrible but it is not very good either. We could've and should have gotten a 2nd out of it.

Comment

Colt Brennan has an awful character and should not be allowed to sully the Bills uniform with his presence.

If we want to look at a QB, we can have a look at Sam Keller or Anthony Morelli, whose character issues extend to having big mouths not sexual assault.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Baltimore wasn't awful because of Willis, they need a QB and BB was at the end of his tenure. Buffalo got good value for him in trade. RB's are easy to replace, so for Buff to get 2 3rds was a good deal and Baltimore got a probowl type RB everyone got value in that trade.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Did you watch the bowl game he played?

There is a 0% chance we're drafting Brennan. Or any QB early for that matter.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

It was a great trade. We got rid of a trouble maker, got an equal/better RB in draft, and 2 good draft picks one of which got us Trent. And the sweet part is that Willis wound up on a crap team that doesn't look like it's going to be better next year and we beat them in OUR house this season!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            I can see where you're coming from...... I guess, but we are far from stable at the QB position.
                            I always make this argumnet. Who could, or can, we get that's better than Edwards right now?

There are 20 teams right now that would take Edwards in a heartbeat. Ironically, Losman is probably going to be in high demand, which is way funnier.

Be happy for what we have at QB right now.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              I always make this argumnet. Who could, or can, we get that's better than Edwards right now?

There are 20 teams right now that would take Edwards in a heartbeat. Ironically, Losman is probably going to be in high demand, which is way funnier.

Be happy for what we have at QB right now.
                              You are the worst kind of homer.

Comment

Working...
                              X