PDA

View Full Version : Crosby has high ankle sprain

Philagape
01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
By ALAN ROBINSON
AP Sports Writer
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby injured an ankle while crashing into the rear boards leg-first midway through the first period of Friday night's game against Tampa Bay, and will be sidelined for an indefinite period of time.
Crosby was favoring his right leg as he was helped off the ice, in visible pain, but the Penguins said only that he would be re-evaluated Saturday. The Penguins play at Montreal that night, but Crosby will be seen by team doctors in Pittsburgh.
The injury - a high ankle sprain - can sideline an athlete for a month or longer. Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury sustained the same injury Dec. 6 and has yet to return, and it may be well into February before he comes back.

im4bflo
01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
:dance2: :jig: oh, I mean, awww that's too bad :naughty:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby will reportedly be out of the lineup for four weeks with a high right ankle sprain after suffering the injury in the team's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning Friday night.

With the Penguins down 1-0 in the first period, Crosby skated down the right side towards the Lightning net and was pulled down from behind by defenceman Paul Ranger. Crosby and Ranger became tangled near the right circle in the Lightning end, with Crosby swiping at the puck as he fell on his behind.

He hit the boards with his right leg and his left leg raised and immediately held his right leg in pain. Crosby had to be helped to the runway by a team trainer.

The injury will be re-evaluated Saturday by team doctors amid reports from Fox Sports Pittsburgh that he will be out for about four weeks
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227655&hubname=

Nighthawk
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Too bad. I'm crushed.

G Wolly
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh my god no!!!

I bet every teenage girl hockey "fan" is in tears right now.

Philagape
01-18-2008, 10:33 PM
So are Versus and NBC

clumping platelets
01-18-2008, 10:41 PM
1-800-cry-baby

Injuries cost us the Cup a couple of years ago :(

LtFinFan66
01-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Who was crying exactly Bob?

LtFinFan66
01-19-2008, 08:34 PM