PDA

View Full Version : Hargrove Suspended for the Season

ZacGriffi~82
01-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Channel 7 reports he failed another drug test.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow....

Ebenezer
01-18-2008, 10:16 PM
if true then he is a real bozo...

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:16 PM
If true, he's a real dumb ass. I will never understand some of these guys. Give up millions to puff a little weed. Unreal!

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Maybe now Buffalo will draft another DE.

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Dumbass.

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Dumbass.

Well said!

gr8slayer
If true, he's a real dumb ass. I will never understand some of these guys. Give up millions to puff a little weed. Unreal!
So much for Jerry Jones and his stupid thugs huh? Looks like we have no place to talk.

clumping platelets
And he's an UFA.................goodbye Hargrove

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:21 PM
So much for Jerry Jones and his stupid thugs huh? Looks like we have no place to talk.

Who said anything about Jerry Jones and his stupid thugs? And failing a drug test does not make one a thug. Maybe an idiot, but not a thug. A thug is making it "rain" and sucker punching a women in the face. That's a thug.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Who said anything about Jerry Jones and his stupid thugs? And failing a drug test does not make one a thug. Maybe an idiot, but not a thug. A thug is making it "rain" and sucker punching a women in the face. That's a thug.
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.......

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.......

Dude, are you looking for an argument tonight or what?

yordad
01-18-2008, 10:24 PM
When did he fail the first one? Wasn't he suspended for four games for getting arrested in an alcohol related incident?

And, what was the substance?

Bulldog
Cut it any way you want it, Pacman Jones is a thug and a POS. What a waste of sperm.

gr8slayer
Dude, are you looking for an argument tonight or what?
I just think that the double standards are hilarious.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Cut it any way you want it, Pacman Jones is a thug and a POS. What a waste of sperm.
He's a Posluzny? Would have never known.

historypete
01-18-2008, 10:26 PM
What a moron. The guy is an UFA, probably was going to get a good amount of cash from someone and he screws it up. I was hoping we'd resign him because he did play well after getting back, but what is the point of that. What a complete waste of talent.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
What a moron. The guy is an UFA, probably was going to get a good amount of cash from someone and he screws it up. I was hoping we'd resign him because he did play well after getting back, but what is the point of that. What a complete waste of talent.
I really never saw him do much more than pump up the crowd, he might have made a play once every three games but honestly........ is it really that big of a loss? I don't think so.

historypete
01-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I just think that the double standards are hilarious.

I'm honestly asking this question. Is the double standard you are talking about the fact some people are willing to call out other teams players when they are unwilling to call out guys on their team? I think that is what your getting at, and if so I can understand it.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm honestly asking this question. Is the double standard you are talking about the fact some people are willing to call out other teams players when they are unwilling to call out guys on their team? I think that is what your getting at, and if so I can understand it.
Bingo.....

historypete
01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I really never saw him do much more than pump up the crowd, he might have made a play once every three games but honestly........ is it really that big of a loss? I don't think so.

I actually thought he made some plays for us this year. Got some good pressure at times. Overall I don't think he is a big loss, he can be replaced easily. But, I do think he has now wasted his God given talent.

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Bingo.....

Did you read the part where I said he was a dumbass? I must have missed that part where I defended Hargrove.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I actually thought he made some plays for us this year. Got some good pressure at times. Overall I don't think he is a big loss, he can be replaced easily. But, I do think he has now wasted his God given talent.
Yeah, he did have his moments but you're right. He won't be that hard to replace, I did like the fire he brought to the team though.

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Comparing Jones long history of thugs and criminals to the Bills history is silly.

And nobody is defending Hargrove.

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Comparing Jones long history of thugs and criminals to the Bills history is silly.

BINGO....

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Did you read the part where I said he was a dumbass? I must have missed that part where I defended Hargrove.
It's not you so much, it's these people and their stupid ass "classy team" bull****. People act like we are the exception when it comes to having unlawful people on our team. We like to make fun of the Dolphins, Bengals, Raiders, etc.... when they have someone screw up, then we go on to act like our **** doesn't stink.

Is this any worse than what Pacman did? They both broke the law, only difference is, one of them got caught and is apparently guilty of something.

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2008, 10:42 PM
It's not you so much, it's these people and their stupid ass "classy team" bull****. People act like we are the exception when it comes to having unlawful people on our team. We like to make fun of the Dolphins, Bengals, Raiders, etc.... when they have someone screw up, then we go on to act like our **** doesn't stink.

Is this any worse than what Pacman did? They both broke the law, only difference is, one of them got caught and is apparently guilty of something.

Pacman's offense ended up in dead people.

I would say that was worse, imo.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:42 PM

If thugs and criminals lead to Super Bowl rings then I'm all for it. Football players aren't paid to be classy, they are paid to win football games.

BTW, aside from a handful of guys in the early 90's why don't you elaborate on all of these guys who Jones brought in that were thugs and criminals. Educate me Dr. because I clearly have missed out living in Dallas and all.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:43 PM

Do you have proof of that he was directly linked to the killings? The courts don't seem to.

I'm all for him getting thrown in the can if they find him guilty of something, till then he's innocent of all charges. Ah lawyerisms.....

historypete
01-18-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure if Hargrove is a thug or not. I do know he pushed a cop, that he had problems in St. Louis and he is a complete fool.

I will say that when working training camp he showed that "thug" mentality. It is hard to describe I guess, but it was just in the way he carried himself at times and spoke to people. This usually happened when his brother was around, and that might have had something to do with it.

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:46 PM

Well, no one died, but someone is disabled for life as a result of Pacman making it "rain". Wrong place, wrong time, happens to some people. But when trouble follows you everywhere you go, it's called a pattern. Pacman has been in trouble since he was at WVU and continues to be in trouble in the NFL. This is no accident. It's pretty clear the guy has no regard for anyone but himself.

YardRat
01-18-2008, 10:48 PM
How unfortunate...Mostly for him, but for the team also. He was a nice depth player.

I can't recall any other instances of an UFA getting a full-year suspension before...does anybody else?

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm all for him getting thrown in the can if they find him guilty of something, till then he's innocent of all charges. Ah lawyerisms.....

So why exactly did the NFL suspend him?

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure if Hargrove is a thug or not. I do know he pushed a cop, that he had problems in St. Louis and he is a complete fool.

I will say that when working training camp he showed that "thug" mentality. It is hard to describe I guess, but it was just in the way he carried himself at times and spoke to people. This usually happened when his brother was around, and that might have had something to do with it.
I have met very few NFL players who didn't have that "thug" mentality, one of the worst that I met was Buffalo's own Donte Whitner.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, no one died, but someone is disabled for life as a result of Pacman making it "rain". Wrong place, wrong time, happens to some people. But when trouble follows you everywhere you go, it's called a pattern. Pacman has been in trouble since he was at WVU and continues to be in trouble in the NFL. This is no accident. It's pretty clear the guy has no regard for anyone but himself.
Money corrupts.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
So why exactly did the NFL suspend him?
Wasn't it for breaking the player conduct code?

yordad
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Wasn't it for breaking the player conduct code?Yeah, actually I said/asked that already, and yall ignored me. :shrug:

Bulldog
01-18-2008, 10:54 PM

I think that's what they called it. Clearly the NFL saw a problem with him and decided to hand him a year long suspension. I would be curious to see what code of conduct he broke. Clearly it was related to the nightclub incident.

Bmax
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey i guess i will be the one to write something different.. I feel for the Guy .. I'm not saying what he did was right .. but the guy has had a tough life...Mom died of aids...Rough very poor upbring until Aunt took him down south ...He had a chance to really do something for himself and his family. I don't know what he was using . I just hope he can clean up his act one day and be a productive citizen..

He just let drugs get the best of him for know...But his life is not over heck his career may not be over ....Day one is today .. make the most of it Anthony. One day at a time .....Others have done it... you can to if you want to....

Bmax

feelthepain
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Gotta love the irony!! And to think there were a lot of Bill fans high (no pun intended) on this guy. But that's OK, as much talent thats flowing over in Buffalo :funny:, you won't even miss him.

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Why do you try to talk smack?

It makes no sense.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:58 PM
I think that's what they called it. Clearly the NFL saw a problem with him and decided to hand him a year long suspension. I would be curious to see what code of conduct he broke. Clearly it was related to the nightclub incident.
I honestly don't know much about the who? what? when? or where? when it comes to why but I would assume the same.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Why do you try to talk smack?

It makes no sense.
Simple things for simple people. The guy is 43 and still lives in his parents basement and calls players "bro" and writes them creepy internet letters.

You should know that it's not nice to make fun of the mentally handicapped.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Maybe now Buffalo will draft another DE.

An actual good one.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 11:01 PM
An actual good one.
It's almost odd seeing your posts again.

historypete
01-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I have met very few NFL players who didn't have that "thug" mentality, one of the worst that I met was Buffalo's own Donte Whitner.

Really? I talked to Whitner a number of times. He seemed like a nice enough guy. He would always talk to us, joke around. Stuff like that.

yordad
01-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I honestly don't know much about the who? what? when? or where? when it comes to why but I would assume the same.He was in a crowd outside a night club in Rochester. A scuffle broke out, and the police sprayed pepper spray. A stream shot into the crowd nailing bystanders. Hargrove couldn't see, and while flailing his arms he knocked off the glasses of a police officer.

He was suspended because he was under the influence and the time of the altercation.

Well, that was his story at least. And, he was never found guilty of a crime.

gr8slayer
01-18-2008, 11:07 PM
He was in a crowd outside a night club in Rochester. A scuffle broke out, and the police sprayed pepper spray. A stream shot into the crowd nailing bystanders. Hargrove couldn't see, and while flailing his arms he knocked off the glasses of a police officer.

He was suspended because he was under the influence and the time of the altercation.

Well, that was his story at least. And, he was never found guilty of a crime.
I think we're talking about Pacman, not Hargrove.

Bmax
01-18-2008, 11:07 PM

I don't get your statement.. How many NFL players have you met.. Where were when you met them...I don't know too many of today's players....I use to see the Bills of the 90's out alot during the SB years....There were guys who were jerks then some guys who were real cool...

I only know one Current NFL Player Corey Graham from the Bears.. The Kid from Buffalo....Nice Young man... I heard he wants to try and help young people in the community...Doesn't sound like a thug to me.... We have to be careful when we make blanket statments ....Judge these guys on a one on one basis...and don't buy into the Media hype .. to me there is no bigger thug than Chris Simon the Hockey player who keeps injuring players on purpose...

BUT I DON'T KNOW HIM SO MAYBE I SHOULD PASS JUDGEMENT ON HIM ...

BMAX

Michael82
01-18-2008, 11:11 PM
****!!! I was looking forward to another full season with him. He showed such potential and was a fan favorite. Hargrove was always the one that got us all pumped up. :sigh:

He's a ****ing moron. Just when I thought he cleaned himself up, he pulled a Ricky! :mad:

Michael82
01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh and for the record....

:bigwave: Anthony Hargrove

You dumbass!!!

TacklingDummy
01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
It's almost odd seeing your posts again.

Same goes for you.

:up: Glad I can see your opinion again. It was fun debating with you.

cocamide
01-19-2008, 12:42 AM
What a damn shame.

RedEyE
01-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Cut him.

Romes
01-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Won't need to, this is his first year as an UFA. What an idiot.

BillsFever21
01-19-2008, 04:44 AM
This years version as one of the most overrated Bills players without doing anything at all has now showed his true colors. Just because a player plays to the fans doesn't mean he is good.

This guy is an idiot and thank god we don't have him under contract going into next year.

kernowboy
01-19-2008, 04:45 AM
I think when we look to sign or draft players we need to look more deeply at character issues ...........

We have players who have character issues because they have abrasive personalities and who often just want to play - Pat Sims, Sam Keller, Anthony Morelli etc

There are players who cannot keep off the booze, weed or other gear.

Those in the first catergory I'm happy to see in a Bills uniform, those in the second catergory simply lack the discipline to max their potential and should be avoided.

SquishDaFish
01-19-2008, 04:47 AM
Why does FTP post?? He tries like hell to talk **** but his team Sucks worse then ours. The laughing stock of the league and he still tries to talk **** :roflmao:

John Doe
01-19-2008, 06:59 AM
If the Bills would have let Kelsay go in free agency while depending on Hargrove to replace him, they would be in a lot worse shape than they are now.

Yasgur's Farm
01-19-2008, 07:19 AM
http://www.wkbw.com/sports/13913282.html

All that yapping without a link!

shelby
01-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Exactly...i was just scouring the net looking for one...thank you draz!

What a disappointment....thank God he's a UFA.

patmoran2006
01-19-2008, 07:29 AM
One less "decent" vet on this team that we will end up overpaying for via Free agency-- that's the good news

njsue
01-19-2008, 08:03 AM
He is going to be cut from the team.

Yasgur's Farm
01-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Can't cut him if there's no contract... He's UFA.

Jan Reimers
01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
He just can't seem to get it together, and he's had plenty of chances. He's a good player, but he needs to go.

mysticsoto
01-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Hello Vernon Gholston???

HHURRICANE
01-19-2008, 08:51 AM
I thought he played hard but wasn't ever going to be a star so now the Bills are forced to draft a DE which I love. So I think it willl turn out to be a positive.

Sadly, Hargrove looked better than Denney and Kelsay.

Dr. Lecter
01-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I thought he played hard but wasn't ever going to be a star so now the Bills are forced to draft a DE which I love. So I think it willl turn out to be a positive.

Sadly, Hargrove looked better than Denney and Kelsay.

Based on what?

Kelsay: 14 games, 44 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 Int, 1 YD, 1 FR
Deney: 7 games, 27 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FR
Hargrove: 12 games, 21 tackles, 1.5 sacks.

DynaPaul
01-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Damn! He was my favorite guy on the defensive line.

gr8slayer
01-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Based on what?

Just more blind hatred, don't confuse us with facts.

blackonyx89
01-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I like him,but we don't need him to keep messing up over and over again. DJ gave him a chance and he's blown it. Sadly you gotta release him.

tampabay25690
01-19-2008, 10:02 AM
WHY......What a DUMB ASS indeed

tampabay25690
01-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello Vernon Gholston???

PLEASE NO

TigerJ
01-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Too bad. I would guess he's history now. I wonder if Al Wallace can step in for him or the Bills are going to have to alter their draft strategy.

HHURRICANE
01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Based on what?

You realize that he plays behind these guys and they use him alot in the DT position.

You are not comparing apples to apples. Had Hargrove started at DE I think his stats would have been better than both of these clowns. IMO of course.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2008, 11:59 AM

No, it was as substance abuse program violation, which is separate from the player conduct policy. First violation gets you in the program, the second gets you a 4-game suspension, the 3rd gets you an automatic 1-Year suspension. This was his 3rd positive test.

Mahdi
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Channel 7 reports he failed another drug test.
If we get a shot at Vernon Gholston we better take it... I wouldnt mind Derrick Harvey either....

Yasgur's Farm
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
At 6-8 282 4.85 40 you can't sneeze at DE Calais Campbell (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56764)

gr8slayer
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
No, it was as substance abuse program violation, which is separate from the player conduct policy. First violation gets you in the program, the second gets you a 4-game suspension, the 3rd gets you an automatic 1-Year suspension. This was his 3rd positive test.
Dammit NE, you're usually one of the few who read the whole thread before responding, I think all those rings are starting to blind your old ass. I said:

I think we're talking about Pacman, not Hargrove.

jamze132
01-20-2008, 01:02 AM
If he can't layoff the dope, then get him the **** out of a Bills uniform. We don't need that kind of person in the locker room screwing up very immpresionable young guys.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2008, 09:29 AM
If he can't layoff the dope, then get him the **** out of a Bills uniform. We don't need that kind of person in the locker room screwing up very immpresionable young guys.

The sad part is that when Hargrove showed up after the 4 game suspension the D immediately got better.

This team is missing some fire on both sides of the ball. Lynch is the only guy that comes to mind that actually creates some enthusiasm out there.

feelthepain
01-20-2008, 09:37 AM
The sad part is that when Hargrove showed up after the 4 game suspension the D immediately got better.

This team is missing some fire on both sides of the ball. Lynch is the only guy that comes to mind that actually creates some enthusiasm out there.

I disagree, I think Edwards also inspires his team. Not so much with a burst of excitement, but quite confidence. I think the Bills step up when Edwards comes in over JP.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I disagree, I think Edwards also inspires his team. Not so much with a burst of excitement, but quite confidence. I think the Bills step up when Edwards comes in over JP.

Actually I was thinking it but didn't write it because I didn't feel like having a Trent debate this AM.

However, there were a couple of games specifically where you could see the respect and admiration of his O-line. Something that in 4 years I never saw with JP. Fact all the way on this one.

Good post FTP.

Mudflap1
01-21-2008, 04:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3207160

Devin
01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Damn, ah well. Another wasted talent.

hydro
01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Already posted...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=144358&highlight=Hargrove+suspended

raphael120
01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Remember in the trade he was released for unknown reasons, had character issues...hmmm, bad move, Levy.

tampabay25690
01-21-2008, 04:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3207160

This is some old news

shelby
01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
merged for your convenience...

njsue
01-22-2008, 05:19 AM
He is a goner.

mysticsoto
01-22-2008, 02:42 PM
PLEASE NO

What don't you like about Gholston? He's probably the 2nd highest rated DE out there right now...

M
01-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Well, ****. Now we know why Levy wanted "character" guys. If they can't stay out of trouble, they're no use to the team. Damnit!