• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

POLLOCK: Schonert has earned this chance

"When there's a change in a play-caller, you can have the exact same game plan and it's going to look like a different offense because somebody sees it one way and somebody else sees it a different way," Schonert said of Trent Edwards replacing J.P. Losman. "There are some things in my background that we're going to run that we didn't run last year. So there's going to be change, but it's not a complete overhaul."

He also pointed out he had already called plays in the Saints' no-huddle and two-minute offense in the interest of saving time, being on the sideline with the coordinator in the coaches' booth.

I know a lot of whining posters prefer Jerry Sullivan because he acts like them but the writer for Oleans Times Herald is probably the best in WNY.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: POLLOCK: Schonert has earned this chance

But, But. .. He's not a glamor name from outside the organization. . . He's been associated with this loser organization, so he's a loser, too. . . He's been a lousy QB coach. . . He's never done anything. . . There's nothing good on his resume. . .
    Waaaaaaaaaah. . .

Just trying to beat the negative types to it.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I'm always optomisitc.

All these decisions are out of my hands anyways, but as bad as our offense was on paper I think keeping the same terminology etc.. in place is a good thing.

Adding the FB back in will be a plus, having an audible system should help, not telegraphing our running plays should make a huge difference, and actually trying new plays and making adjustments should have a positive effect.

I'm not bummed about Schonert being our OC. I'd be more bummed if we had to start from scratch yet again. So I will stay positve and look on the briight side of life.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
        I'm always optomisitc.

All these decisions are out of my hands anyways, but as bad as our offense was on paper I think keeping the same terminology etc.. in place is a good thing.

Adding the FB back in will be a plus, having an audible system should help, not telegraphing our running plays should make a huge difference, and actually trying new plays and making adjustments should have a positive effect.

I'm not bummed about Schonert being our OC. I'd be more bummed if we had to start from scratch yet again. So I will stay positve and look on the briight side of life.
        I agree 100%.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          But, But. .. He's not a glamor name from outside the organization. . . He's been associated with this loser organization, so he's a loser, too. . . He's been a lousy QB coach. . . He's never done anything. . . There's nothing good on his resume. . .
          Waaaaaaaaaah. . .

Do I think this is the worst move ever, no. Who knows how this is going to turn out so I'll wait and see. However, saying this is a good decision is just as dumb a saying it's a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Waaaaaaaaaah. . .

But naturally from within our organization are all the best candidates, is that what you're trying to tell us Jan?

I find it utterly humorous that all of the "best options" seem to keep coming from buddies of Levy, Wilson, Jauron, and now from within the organization while media types like Pollock and everyone else that covers this team locally always puts everything in rosy red hues while ignoring the obvious.

Question for you Jan; Schonert's only real qualifications are that he's been a QB coach on varying teams. Can you make a list of all the primary QBs he's coached and how they did in the seasons that he was the QB coach for us?

That's part I.

Part II is to then explain to us which of those you think was good and why, as well as to explain the ones that weren't, and that based on that why he is that now translates to "success" here as the OC. Hint: the latter parts of that will be where the real work lies.

Part III is to explain why he never seemingly was able to hold down a job for very long.

Many appreciate the positive spin here, but you're standing amidst a smoldering heap of rubble now that used to be a home attempting to explain to potential home buyers the nice secondary features of the property.

I mean seriously, who's still defending this group of inept morons anymore. Wilson clearly, most clearly, just doesn't give a crap about anything else but going out clutching the last vestiges of his beloved franchise in one hand while hoisting up the middle finger of the other to the fans.

It's beneath you to defend any of it Jan. You're smarter than that. Hope is one thing, blind loyalty when those to whom you are loyal couldn't give a steaming **** about you is entirely another.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaryl
              I'm always optomisitc.

The question is not whether you are optimistic or not ddaryl. It's human nature to be optimistic.

The question is whether or not your optimism is warranted. Your optimism won't alter the way the team plays next season one iota, not one. All that you will be able to do is ask yourself whether your optimism was well earned or not. Given the fact that you and others have been blindly repeating this exercise year in and year out now constantly with the same unfounded hopes should be at least a clue.

You're heard the adage "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me," right? Well, we're well past fooling us twice.

Don't be a sucker!

Why are so many of you so insistent on supporting such a crappy product? On lining Wilson's pockets for this garbage. If you simply want to "protect the team so that it doesn't move," as if you'll have any control over that either, although notwithstanding, then just send in $500 each season.

I mean truly, is it even fun going to games anymore? It sure as hell is about as far from the '90s era Bills as I can possibly imagine. I simply don't even enjoy games anymore. It's either struggle to beat some crud team usually playing with some major detriment (Sean Taylor death) or just a crappy team that we usually struggle to beat late in the 4th quarter.

That's exciting football?!?! Hardly. I call it a waste of time, money, and gas.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                The question is not whether you are optimistic or not ddaryl. It's human nature to be optimistic.

The question is whether or not your optimism is warranted. Your optimism won't alter the way the team plays next season one iota, not one. All that you will be able to do is ask yourself whether your optimism was well earned or not. Given the fact that you and others have been blindly repeating this exercise year in and year out now constantly with the same unfounded hopes should be at least a clue.

You're heard the adage "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me," right? Well, we're well past fooling us twice.

Don't be a sucker!

Why are so many of you so insistent on supporting such a crappy product? On lining Wilson's pockets for this garbage. If you simply want to "protect the team so that it doesn't move," as if you'll have any control over that either, although notwithstanding, then just send in $500 each season.

I mean truly, is it even fun going to games anymore? It sure as hell is about as far from the '90s era Bills as I can possibly imagine. I simply don't even enjoy games anymore. It's either struggle to beat some crud team usually playing with some major detriment (Sean Taylor death) or just a crappy team that we usually struggle to beat late in the 4th quarter.

Yes it is fun. At least for me. If it is a waste of time for you, then stop watching. Doesn't mean everyone else should think its a waste of time, just because you do.

If watching and going is such of waste of time, then what does that make your posting on a Bills message board?

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
                  Yes it is fun. At least for me. If it is a waste of time for you, then stop watching. Doesn't mean everyone else should think its a waste of time, just because you do.

If watching and going is such of waste of time, then what does that make your posting on a Bills message board?
                  Wys has said a number of times he does not watch the Bills anymore.
                  He relies completely on news reports and stats.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

For as many people that may not like a damn thing Wys says, the front office of the Bills keep proving him right again and again and again...so it's hard to argue with him.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                      For as many people that may not like a damn thing Wys says, the front office of the Bills keep proving him right again and again and again...so it's hard to argue with him.
                      It's hard to argue with, we've been fooled too many times, stop watching the team and going to the games?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Don't be a sucker!

Yes. I still have fun going to games. Maybe you should stop watching games, and stop writing about them. I think it would be better for your health and the overall attitude of this message board.

Comment

That's pretty much what I've done jd. Many, many, many other fans, not only elsewhere, but in Buffalo are starting to throw their hands up and do the same. That should have you distressed.

It's not their fault that this team isn't worth watching. But hey, glad to hear that you support this garbage.

Bored or "in a mood."

Comment

Originally posted by G. Host
                            Wys has said a number of times he does not watch the Bills anymore.
                            He relies completely on news reports and stats.
                            Liar.

Never said that Glen. And quit putting words in my mouth.

If you're going to "quote" me, then either do it accurately or just refrain your feeble memory from guessing.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes it is fun. At least for me.
                              As well jd, I am left to question how you define fun. Sitting in a stadium watching what should be a professional team play disordered and dsyfunctional football for the most part shouldn't qualify, to anyone, as fun.

But hey, to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X