X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Player eval's, beating a dead horse

Where does one draw the line of "taking care of their players" to show the players that they believe in them and signing them to a long term contract and making changes to better the team. All the Sabres are "their players" let's take a cold hard look at the team. My thoughts on who needs to be re-evaluated/sent packing. Afinogenov, Kalinen, Thibault, Peters, and Connelly.

Max, I'll compare him to a golfer. Par 3, 275 yards. Hits his tee shot within 10 feet of the pin. 4 putts the hole

Kalinen, it's like buying your child a glove and ball, signing him up for summer league, working with him after you get home from your job and watching ball games with him on the TV. After all this, he says to you, I want to become a mime. What do you do in response? You send him to ball camp.

Thibault, He just reminds me of the goalie in the movie Slap Shot, except not as much in control of his motor skills.

Peters. He is no Ray, Domi, Barnaby or even Jerry Cooney for that matter. This man is a team punching bag, not a team enforcer. I read the story about how he was going to improve his skating and skill before the season started in order to contribute more to the team. I like him as a person, but if he wants to contribute to the team, become an EMT to treat wounds instead of self inflicting them.

I may draw ire from some of you for the Connelly pick, but the injuries, streaky play and a propensity to try to do too much by himself (Maxitise) make it hard for me to accept the money he will be seeking. He still has a year on his contract, disruptive as you may say it would be for the Sabres to trade him, he is not a player that you can night in, night out count on. He is a sentimental fan favorite that while still relatively young, he may not be the player that can take his play to another level.

Last edited by LABillsFan; 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Player eval's, beating a dead horse

Nice commentary! I like the Max comparison.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

Re: Player eval's, beating a dead horse

and Kotalik is like Bruce Smith...He makes bad things happen... too bad they are always against the Sabres when he touches the puck...in other words, he sucks.

Comment

Working...
      X