PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild wants a fullback

Ron Burgundy
01-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure where he's going to be drafted...3rd or 4th round seems like a good guess...but he'd be a great fit in Buffalo. He's a monster blocker, has good wheels for a guy his size, and can catch the football. He's also a Levy/Jauron type guy, a hard worker and a character guy.

More on Schmitt...

The 6-foot-2, 260-pound senior fullback ignited the Mountaineer offense with a school bowl-record 57-yard run as his team hammered favored Oklahoma, 48-28, in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. He also put on his usual blocking clinic to clear the way for Pat White and Noel Devine. And now, the NFL scouts are even more intrigued.

The question centers around what to do with this guy. Schmitt is strong as a water buffalo (he holds most of the school's weightlifting records), tough as leather, and blocks, as one writer put it, "like Hellboy tackling a demon from another dimension."

So the Fairfax, Va., product, who was not recruited out of high school, would seem a perfect fit for a fullback slot in the pros. After all, he is credited with breaking 10 face masks as a college player.

more:

http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/2008/01/west_virginia_nfl_draft_bio_ow_1.html

also:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1267

YardRat
01-20-2008, 11:08 AM
There's been some talk about Owen over the last couple of weeks. Do you really think he'll be there in the 3rd or 4th?

BTW...Just in case it wasn't an honest mistake and you just rolled out of your mid-winter hillbilly hibernation...Schonert's the OC now.

How've you been?

Confused
01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
asschild is gone.

I WANT OWEN SCHMITT!!!!!!!!! HE"S A FREAKIN BEAST

bigbub2352
01-20-2008, 11:19 AM
he would be a beast with Lynch and Jackson, i would take him with one of our 3rd rounders

Ron Burgundy
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
There's been some talk about Owen over the last couple of weeks. Do you really think he'll be there in the 3rd or 4th?

BTW...Just in case it wasn't an honest mistake and you just rolled out of your mid-winter hillbilly hibernation...Schonert's the OC now.

How've you been?

Yeah, I just wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. If you wanna change it that's cool.

I'm doin' alright, saw the Bills twice this year. The Redskins game was nuts...those guys were pissed.

Anyways, I do think he'll be available in the 3rd...probably reaching to think he'll last 'til the 4th round. He's not really a feature back. But, for a team that could use a big blocker at fullback, he fills that role nicely. Schmitt's running and catching and mentality are all just bonuses.

YardRat
01-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I just wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. If you wanna change it that's cool.

I'm doin' alright, saw the Bills twice this year. The Redskins game was nuts...those guys were pissed.

Anyways, I do think he'll be available in the 3rd...probably reaching to think he'll last 'til the 4th round. He's not really a feature back. But, for a team that could use a big blocker at fullback, he fills that role nicely. Schmitt's running and catching and mentality are all just bonuses.

Just bustin' on you. I couldn't let it slide :D.

Oaf
01-20-2008, 08:22 PM
When I saw this thread, I thought you meant Fairchild wanted to use a Fullback at Colorado. I was about to be very angry.