X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Could there be interest for JP in ATL?

Accorsi has been a consutant for Blank in his search for a GM.

Former Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi praised Bills quarterback J.P. Losman this week on ESPN during a conversation about the quarterback class of 2004. Accorsi indicated that Losman just didn’t have the opportunity to shine this season.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Could there be interest for JP in ATL?

and for a 2nd rd pick he can shine everything and anything for Atlanta.

Does Atlanta have some quality DL men ? how is Atlanta on salary cap?

If they need to create salary cap room then we can get a quality player off them in return.

I do believe JP will fetch us more then a 2nd day pick.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
      and for a 2nd rd pick he can shine everything and anything for Atlanta.

Does Atlanta have some quality DL men ? how is Atlanta on salary cap?

If they need to create salary cap room then we can get a quality player off them in return.

I do believe JP will fetch us more then a 2nd day pick.
      I said he would. Funny how I'll be right, yet again.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LABillsFan
        http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/255335.html

Former Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi praised Bills quarterback J.P. Losman this week on ESPN during a conversation about the quarterback class of 2004. Accorsi indicated that Losman just didn’t have the opportunity to shine this season.
        The only reason he said that was so that he could also say good things about Eli. Let's not be naive.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Atlanta will never learn. They must have forgotten about how Buffalo raped them for a 1st round pick for Price.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Atlanta will never learn. They must have forgotten about how Buffalo raped them for a 1st round pick for Price.
            I live in ATL and this team is a joke even down to the marketing.

Blank has turned the Falcons into a race issue. They marketed so heavily to the black community (hip-hop)and linked their success to Michael Vick that they aleinated the white fans.

We might have the worst attendance in the league and how many people live here?

I love the diversity of ATL and that's one of the reasons I live here. But this by far is one of the worst marketing blunders in recent history.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LABillsFan
              http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/255335.html

Yet Accorsi also chose not to take the Atlanta GM job so they choose the scout for the Patriots. He should know plenty about JP. While it be nice to move him to Atlanta I just don't see it happening.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                The only reason he said that was so that he could also say good things about Eli. Let's not be naive.
                Whether it is a case of being naive or not is a moot point. Fact is JP is going to be available and EA is doing the Bills a favor by mentioning him. Heck anyone mentioning JP in a good light is doing the Bills a favor. Let's not be presumptuous.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

So because Accorsi praised Losman and is assisting Blank in the process of getting a GM they're now automatically going to trade for JP Losman?

And then they're going to give up a first day pick for him too!

Delusions of grandeur run rampant around these parts.

EDS put it best in this thread.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    So because Accorsi praised Losman and is assisting Blank in the process of getting a GM they're now automatically going to trade for JP Losman?

And then they're going to give up a first day pick for him too!

Delusions of grandeur run rampant around these parts.

EDS put it best in this thread.
                    Who knows what he'll fetch, he's definately on block and some team will take a chance.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

JP has:

1. Failed miserably and has barely progressed from his rookie year to year four in the NFL.

2. Is a nice guy, but is somewhat of a space cadet.

3. One year left on his contract.

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills gave a second round pick up for this guy, we'd all have a feces fit on this board. If the Bills can get either a 4th or 5th round pick for him or some sort of situational DL for JP I'd be happy.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

I remember years ago when I suggested (on another board) that it might be a good idea to franchise tag Peerless Price to trade him. I was ridiculed a lot for that idea. It isn't out of the realm of possibility to think that some GM might just think the same way that Acorsi does. Hell, some people on here think that JP hasn't gotten a fair shot.

Here's an idea. How brilliant would it be for Schonert to say in his original press conference that the QBs here weren't given the opportunity to audible for the last two years? That they weren't given the opportunity to run when the opportunity arose? It would be pure genius to give people the thought that JP wasn't given a full chance to use his abilities to make plays. There is ALWAYS someone that is willing to give someone another chance when he has shown at least SOME promise. The question is, how many teams are in need of a QB? I believe there are more teams looking for that QB, including some good teams now, that they can give him another chance. Even Green Bay could use someone since Aaron Rogers doesn't seem to be the answer and we know he has a strong arm.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Alright...I ask anyone in this thread who thinks JP can fetch a 1st day pick...

Name the teams that you think would be interested in JP. By the way giving up a first day pick means these teams would then be committing to having JP as their starter. I can see someone giving up a 5th round pick, because they'd be bringing him in to be a backup or potentially as their backup.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                            I remember years ago when I suggested (on another board) that it might be a good idea to franchise tag Peerless Price to trade him. I was ridiculed a lot for that idea. It isn't out of the realm of possibility to think that some GM might just think the same way that Acorsi does. Hell, some people on here think that JP hasn't gotten a fair shot.

Here's an idea. How brilliant would it be for Schonert to say in his original press conference that the QBs here weren't given the opportunity to audible for the last two years? That they weren't given the opportunity to run when the opportunity arose? It would be pure genius to give people the thought that JP wasn't given a full chance to use his abilities to make plays. There is ALWAYS someone that is willing to give someone another chance when he has shown at least SOME promise. The question is, how many teams are in need of a QB? I believe there are more teams looking for that QB, including some good teams now, that they can give him another chance. Even Green Bay could use someone since Aaron Rogers doesn't seem to be the answer and we know he has a strong arm.
                            I agree, look at some of the moves in the recent past that teams have made. How did that Culpepper pick up work in Mia or Oak for that matter? Plummer in Denver? McNair in Balt? Walker in Minnesota? Trent Green? RJ? (that hurt, sorry) Bledsoe in Dallas? Sleepless in Seattle? I have no idea what that one means. There's always someone there to take a chance.

Comment

• Confused
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                              JP has:

1. Failed miserably and has barely progressed from his rookie year to year four in the NFL.

2. Is a nice guy, but is somewhat of a space cadet.

3. One year left on his contract.

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills gave a second round pick up for this guy, we'd all have a feces fit on this board. If the Bills can get either a 4th or 5th round pick for him or some sort of situational DL for JP I'd be happy.
                              In regards to him failing miserably, this may not have been the best system for JP.

In regards to the space cadet comment, Did you graduate from an Ivy league school? (scumbag university).
                              Your only valid point is the comment about his contract, however, given the crop of free agent QB's JP imho tops the list. Just because he has left a bad taste in the mouths of Bills fans(in the case of the 'lickers, i'm sure that taste was saltier than others) doest mean he is nearly worthless. He's worth 2nd.
                              Im torn between trying to gain a Roy Williams or Deangelo Hall or Julius Peppers for JP and having to find a backup QB that is as good or better than JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X