PDA

View Full Version : Could there be interest for JP in ATL?

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/255335.html

Accorsi has been a consutant for Blank in his search for a GM.

Former Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi praised Bills quarterback J.P. Losman this week on ESPN during a conversation about the quarterback class of 2004. Accorsi indicated that Losman just didn’t have the opportunity to shine this season.

ddaryl
01-20-2008, 11:45 AM
and for a 2nd rd pick he can shine everything and anything for Atlanta.

Does Atlanta have some quality DL men ? how is Atlanta on salary cap?

If they need to create salary cap room then we can get a quality player off them in return.

I do believe JP will fetch us more then a 2nd day pick.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2008, 12:32 PM
and for a 2nd rd pick he can shine everything and anything for Atlanta.

Does Atlanta have some quality DL men ? how is Atlanta on salary cap?

If they need to create salary cap room then we can get a quality player off them in return.

I do believe JP will fetch us more then a 2nd day pick.

I said he would. Funny how I'll be right, yet again.

EDS
01-20-2008, 12:36 PM

Former Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi praised Bills quarterback J.P. Losman this week on ESPN during a conversation about the quarterback class of 2004. Accorsi indicated that Losman just didn’t have the opportunity to shine this season.

The only reason he said that was so that he could also say good things about Eli. Let's not be naive.

TacklingDummy
01-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Atlanta will never learn. They must have forgotten about how Buffalo raped them for a 1st round pick for Price.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Atlanta will never learn. They must have forgotten about how Buffalo raped them for a 1st round pick for Price.

I live in ATL and this team is a joke even down to the marketing.

Blank has turned the Falcons into a race issue. They marketed so heavily to the black community (hip-hop)and linked their success to Michael Vick that they aleinated the white fans.

We might have the worst attendance in the league and how many people live here?

I love the diversity of ATL and that's one of the reasons I live here. But this by far is one of the worst marketing blunders in recent history.

The Jokeman
01-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Yet Accorsi also chose not to take the Atlanta GM job so they choose the scout for the Patriots. He should know plenty about JP. While it be nice to move him to Atlanta I just don't see it happening.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 12:53 PM
The only reason he said that was so that he could also say good things about Eli. Let's not be naive.

Whether it is a case of being naive or not is a moot point. Fact is JP is going to be available and EA is doing the Bills a favor by mentioning him. Heck anyone mentioning JP in a good light is doing the Bills a favor. Let's not be presumptuous.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 12:55 PM
So because Accorsi praised Losman and is assisting Blank in the process of getting a GM they're now automatically going to trade for JP Losman?

And then they're going to give up a first day pick for him too!

Delusions of grandeur run rampant around these parts.

EDS put it best in this thread.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
So because Accorsi praised Losman and is assisting Blank in the process of getting a GM they're now automatically going to trade for JP Losman?

Who knows what he'll fetch, he's definately on block and some team will take a chance.

Scumbag College
01-20-2008, 01:18 PM
JP has:

1. Failed miserably and has barely progressed from his rookie year to year four in the NFL.

2. Is a nice guy, but is somewhat of a space cadet.

3. One year left on his contract.

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills gave a second round pick up for this guy, we'd all have a feces fit on this board. If the Bills can get either a 4th or 5th round pick for him or some sort of situational DL for JP I'd be happy.

chernobylwraiths
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I remember years ago when I suggested (on another board) that it might be a good idea to franchise tag Peerless Price to trade him. I was ridiculed a lot for that idea. It isn't out of the realm of possibility to think that some GM might just think the same way that Acorsi does. Hell, some people on here think that JP hasn't gotten a fair shot.

Here's an idea. How brilliant would it be for Schonert to say in his original press conference that the QBs here weren't given the opportunity to audible for the last two years? That they weren't given the opportunity to run when the opportunity arose? It would be pure genius to give people the thought that JP wasn't given a full chance to use his abilities to make plays. There is ALWAYS someone that is willing to give someone another chance when he has shown at least SOME promise. The question is, how many teams are in need of a QB? I believe there are more teams looking for that QB, including some good teams now, that they can give him another chance. Even Green Bay could use someone since Aaron Rogers doesn't seem to be the answer and we know he has a strong arm.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Alright...I ask anyone in this thread who thinks JP can fetch a 1st day pick...

Name the teams that you think would be interested in JP. By the way giving up a first day pick means these teams would then be committing to having JP as their starter. I can see someone giving up a 5th round pick, because they'd be bringing him in to be a backup or potentially as their backup.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I remember years ago when I suggested (on another board) that it might be a good idea to franchise tag Peerless Price to trade him. I was ridiculed a lot for that idea. It isn't out of the realm of possibility to think that some GM might just think the same way that Acorsi does. Hell, some people on here think that JP hasn't gotten a fair shot.

Here's an idea. How brilliant would it be for Schonert to say in his original press conference that the QBs here weren't given the opportunity to audible for the last two years? That they weren't given the opportunity to run when the opportunity arose? It would be pure genius to give people the thought that JP wasn't given a full chance to use his abilities to make plays. There is ALWAYS someone that is willing to give someone another chance when he has shown at least SOME promise. The question is, how many teams are in need of a QB? I believe there are more teams looking for that QB, including some good teams now, that they can give him another chance. Even Green Bay could use someone since Aaron Rogers doesn't seem to be the answer and we know he has a strong arm.

I agree, look at some of the moves in the recent past that teams have made. How did that Culpepper pick up work in Mia or Oak for that matter? Plummer in Denver? McNair in Balt? Walker in Minnesota? Trent Green? RJ? (that hurt, sorry) Bledsoe in Dallas? Sleepless in Seattle? I have no idea what that one means. There's always someone there to take a chance.

Confused
01-20-2008, 01:36 PM
JP has:

1. Failed miserably and has barely progressed from his rookie year to year four in the NFL.

If the shoe was on the other foot and the Bills gave a second round pick up for this guy, we'd all have a feces fit on this board. If the Bills can get either a 4th or 5th round pick for him or some sort of situational DL for JP I'd be happy.

In regards to him failing miserably, this may not have been the best system for JP.

In regards to the space cadet comment, Did you graduate from an Ivy league school? (scumbag university).
Your only valid point is the comment about his contract, however, given the crop of free agent QB's JP imho tops the list. Just because he has left a bad taste in the mouths of Bills fans(in the case of the 'lickers, i'm sure that taste was saltier than others) doest mean he is nearly worthless. He's worth 2nd.
Im torn between trying to gain a Roy Williams or Deangelo Hall or Julius Peppers for JP and having to find a backup QB that is as good or better than JP.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 01:45 PM
In regards to him failing miserably, this may not have been the best system for JP.

In regards to the space cadet comment, Did you graduate from an Ivy league school? (scumbag university).
Your only valid point is the comment about his contract, however, given the crop of free agent QB's JP imho tops the list. Just because he has left a bad taste in the mouths of Bills fans(in the case of the 'lickers, i'm sure that taste was saltier than others) doest mean he is nearly worthless. He's worth 2nd.
Im torn between trying to gain a Roy Williams or Deangelo Hall or Julius Peppers for JP and having to find a backup QB that is as good or better than JP.

Roy Williams? DeAngelo Hall? Julius Peppers?

Probowl type players for a bust?

Can I have whatever you're smoking? It's definitely some good ish.

Don't Panic
01-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I live in ATL and this team is a joke even down to the marketing.

Blank has turned the Falcons into a race issue. They marketed so heavily to the black community (hip-hop)and linked their success to Michael Vick that they aleinated the white fans.

We might have the worst attendance in the league and how many people live here?

I love the diversity of ATL and that's one of the reasons I live here. But this by far is one of the worst marketing blunders in recent history.

Atlanta is one of the worst cities in America at supporting its sports teams... I think that plays into things a lot more than hip-hop marketing.

As mentioned, anyone talking up JP is a good thing. Still not positive he gets dealt, but talk like that can only do good.

chernobylwraiths
01-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Alright...I ask anyone in this thread who thinks JP can fetch a 1st day pick...

Name the teams that you think would be interested in JP. By the way giving up a first day pick means these teams would then be committing to having JP as their starter. I can see someone giving up a 5th round pick, because they'd be bringing him in to be a backup or potentially as their backup.

Why would giving up a third automatically mean they would bring him in as a starter?

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Why would giving up a third automatically mean they would bring him in as a starter?

A third is no longer a first day pick. Remember they changed the draft?

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 01:51 PM
He's worth 2nd.

Torn as you may be, it's not up to you, me or anyone on this board. What his worth is will be subject to what the Bills get for him. What if the only thing the Bills are offered is a 4th or 5th? It's either trading him or keeping a disgruntled player on a team and then not getting anything for him at the end of next season. Do you take a chance that he sits out next season? What if JP pulls a Tonya Harding and pipes TE's knee? Then what?

chernobylwraiths
01-20-2008, 02:11 PM
A third is no longer a first day pick. Remember they changed the draft?

Nope, didn't realize it was only two rounds. Second rounder is a stretch IMO, but not out of the realm. As some have pointed out, and I agree with, JP will probably be at the top of the available QB list. That is a piss poor list, but that is just that much better for a team trying to unload a QB.

BTW, here is my list of teams that are in need of an upgrade at QB:
Baltimore
Kansas City
Miami
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
San Francisco

with Tampa Bay and Green Bay possibly in need of a QB for the future. Of course teams like KC, Miami and Minnesota have very young guys that they might want to look at further.

EDS
01-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Who knows what he'll fetch, he's definately on block and some team will take a chance.

We do know what he will fetch. He will fetch exactly what Byron Leftwich, David Carr and Joey Harrington fetched for their respective teams. These are the three guys most comparable to JP (i.e., former first round QBs given ample opportunity but failed to get the job done).

Interestingly Atlanta tried two reclamation projects just this past year. Do you think they would give up a lot to try a third?

EDS
01-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Nope, didn't realize it was only two rounds. Second rounder is a stretch IMO, but not out of the realm. As some have pointed out, and I agree with, JP will probably be at the top of the available QB list. That is a piss poor list, but that is just that much better for a team trying to unload a QB.

Baltimore
Kansas City
Miami
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
San Francisco

with Tampa Bay and Green Bay possibly in need of a QB for the future. Of course teams like KC, Miami and Minnesota have very young guys that they might want to look at further.

NE needs a QB upgrade?

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Here's a list of QB's that are either UFA or RFA for 2008.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

and for 2009

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=QB&y=2009

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 02:18 PM
NE needs a QB upgrade?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about a back up.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 02:32 PM
We do know what he will fetch. He will fetch exactly what Byron Leftwich, David Carr and Joey Harrington fetched for their respective teams. These are the three guys most comparable to JP (i.e., former first round QBs given ample opportunity but failed to get the job done).

Interestingly Atlanta tried two reclamation projects just this past year. Do you think they would give up a lot to try a third?

Their going to have to do something, either by aquisition or draft. That team (owner) needs to get on the good side of the fans.

chernobylwraiths
01-20-2008, 02:33 PM
NE needs a QB upgrade?

Just seeing if anyone would catch it. :D

EDS
01-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Their going to have to do something, either by aquisition or draft. That team (owner) needs to get on the good side of the fans.

And you think bringing in another reclamation project will get the owner on the fan's good side?

They are going to draft a QB.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Baltimore
Kansas City
Miami
New England
Atlanta
Carolina
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
San Francisco

I'll rebut each team as to why they won't take on JP for a role as starter, and list the teams where I believe he could go to fight to be a backup.

Baltimore already has JP's clone in Kyle Boller, so the likelihood of them trading for another big armed football smarts challenged QB is zero.

KC has two youngsters in Croyle and Huard. Croyle the one they drafted and I'd say they'd want to see if he can develop before just giving up on him. Also Huard has looked good in spots. Zero chance he goes here.

Miami...might be a possibility but not likely. A. Beck likely will be given a chance to develop and B. intradivisional trades rarely occur. Lemon likely to be gone next year though.

NE? Right, they'll trade a 2nd round pick for a backup. Sure. Or we'll trade anyone to this team for that matter.

ATL....top 5 pick. Drafting one of the big 3 at QB. Brohm, Woodson or Ryan, whoever suits their fancy. Again, already had a big armed, low accurate QB. Plus they tried to take on other team's garbage this past season and it didn't work so well. Harrington and Leftwich. Harrington and JP aren't much different either. Zero chance.

Carolina...Jake Delhomme is still a good player. Brought in Carr....another bust. Murphy? Who knows. They blew it on one bust, won't make the same mistake two years in a row.

Chicago...Rex Grossman another clone of JP. Kyle Orton good enough to be the 3. Griese while also not good is better than JP. No chance.

Detroit...they seemed to be high on Drew Stanton and Kitna while not spectacular is solid. People used the Martz reason of why JP might end up there, he's off to San Fran. No chance.

Speaking of San Fran, Alex Smith did progress last year and then this season suffered through injuries. They'll give him another year if he's healthy to try and buid on it. Dilfer is plenty capable as a backup. No chance.

And then Minnesota....Jackson looked decent down the stretch when the Vikes went on their winning streak. Also young. Plus they already have the guy who took the starting job away from JP once. Here's where I want JP to go, so Holcomb can beat him again for a job. It would be humorous to me.

TB? Losman doesn't fit their system. Garcia is a perfect fit, while he's old...but still if you don't fit the system you're not likely to go there. JP would look worse there than he did here. No chance.

GB? Why do some people think Rodgers isn't the QB of the future there? And who knows when that future even is for that matter? Favre could continue to play. Rodgers also looked good when he got some action this year. If Favre retires, potentially JP could be traded for as competition and backup to Rodgers. If Favre comes back, no chance.

So he could get the chance to go as a backup or compete in....Miami, Indy - backup, actually perfect fit because he'd never see the field and he's actually better than Sorgi, Minnesota. There's about the only teams I can think of right now, to be honest.

You have to figure in who the teams already have and what they've done in the past couple years. Going by recent past, Miami is all but eliminated with trading for other teams trash the past 2 years. Plenty of teams have guys that are no different than Losman so obviously they won't take a guy with the same abilities on the field who wasn't good enough for the same with a different name.

Personally I still think that JP won't even win a backup job in this league though, outside of my Indy example because beating out Jim Sorgi for a job shouldn't be hard. QBs like JP in this league are a dime a dozen. There's enough big armed, football stupid guys in this league. Boller, Grossman, Carr, Leftwich, Harrington for example.

JP at the top of the available QB list? You're joking right?

Grossman is available....Derek Anderson is possibly available...Josh McCown....Cleo Lemon. Daunte Culpepper. Grossman and McCown aren't any better nor any worse than JP. Lemon is an unknown quantity but did play well even if the Phins record didnt show it. And of course, DA lit it up most of the year but would take a hefty price to pry him from the Browns. Outside of DA the other guys are UFA. Why trade something for a guy, when you can get the exact same player for nothing? JP vs Grossman.

That doesn't even take into account the guys who will enter the draft. Woodson, Brohm, Ryan, Brennan and others.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
And you think bringing in another reclamation project will get the owner on the fan's good side?

They are going to draft a QB.

What I think is that you should reread what I wrote.

Michael82
01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry, but contrary to the haters beliefs JP Losman still has a ton of potential and if he is used correctly, he can still be a good QB. He'll get us at least a 3rd rounder or a player equal to that.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry, but contrary to the haters beliefs JP Losman still has a ton of potential and if he is used correctly, he can still be a good QB. He'll get us at least a 3rd rounder or a player equal to that.

That would be nice.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 03:28 PM

What do you base this off of?

I'm not a hater...the guy just flat out sucks. He has zero mental capacity for the position.

Having a big arm is great, but being able to throw with accuracy, read defenses, recognize blitzes is even more important.

Boller is the same player, Grossman is the same player. Do you think the Bears or Ravens could get a 3rd for either of them, hypothetically?

trapezeus
01-20-2008, 03:47 PM
the reasons jp can't get a first day pick:

1. most teams look for a proven entity. hater or licker, you have to admit jp hasn't proven anything. while he was a first round pick, very few people around the league saw him as a first rounder.

2. teams that want to develop a QB - if you are picking a new QB, you probably would rather error by taking a rookie because the fan base is excited and you can buy time if they underperform. you bring in an underperformer and the fans want immediate results, who knows if jp can learn that quick. you'll set him up to fail again.

3 not a top QB school. to a lesser extent losman's tulane experience hurts him. he doesn't have the network of coaches love him like a qb from a football factory. it means less people are willing to take the risk since they don't know him.

i know for a lot of us who like him as a human, it hurts to admit this, but losman is the tony eason pick from 1983's draft

EDS
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM

How is JP different then Carr, Leftwich and Harrington?

DraftBoy
01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
If we get a 5th for JP Ill be doing a dance, his head is not what it needs to be to be a Starting QB in this league.

chernobylwraiths
01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
What do you base this off of?

I'm not a hater...the guy just flat out sucks. He has zero mental capacity for the position.

Having a big arm is great, but being able to throw with accuracy, read defenses, recognize blitzes is even more important.

Boller is the same player, Grossman is the same player. Do you think the Bears or Ravens could get a 3rd for either of them, hypothetically?

You keep saying that Boller and Grossman are the same play, but they aren't. Maybe in arm strength or reading defenses, but Losman for all his possible/probable faults can run a ton better than either of these two guys. So, they AREN'T the same QB.

And honestly, if JP weren't allowed to audible at all, that would seriously hamper his ability to make a change to a play where he actually felt he knew what the defense was doing.

Michael82
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
You keep saying that Boller and Grossman are the same play, but they aren't. Maybe in arm strength or reading defenses, but Losman for all his possible/probable faults can run a ton better than either of these two guys. So, they AREN'T the same QB.

And honestly, if JP weren't allowed to audible at all, that would seriously hamper his ability to make a change to a play where he actually felt he knew what the defense was doing.
Don't forget about the fact that the idiot OC forced him to stay in the pocket too and hardly ever called rollouts, which he usually does best with. :sigh:

EDS
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
What I think is that you should reread what I wrote.

I have read what you wrote. You started this post essentially stating that Atlanta could likely make a move for Losman. What I am telling you is that such a move is very, very, very unlikely for the many reasons already stated in this thread.

I have stated this in a couple different threads already, but for the record, the only QBs that garner top consideration (i.e., 1st or 2nd round picks) are the following:

1. Proven NFL veterans with some track record of success (i.e., Bledsoe).

2. QBs who performed well in a very, very limited audition such that the trade is based on potential (i.e., Farve, Schaub, Rob Johnson, etc.) These are guys who have not played enough to show whether their games have any "warts." Guys like Losman (i.e., Carr, Harrington and Leftwich) have shown they have shortcomings to their games.

feelthepain
01-20-2008, 04:07 PM

Umm, I think WOW, about covers that comment.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM

I'll give you Grossman on the rushing ability, but passing ability is the same.

Here's JPs rushing numbers and Bollers...you tell me which is which. Then you tell me how they're not the same player.

53 attempts for 189 yards or 38 attempts for 140.

Read their scouting reports, I'm too lazy to post them, but they're identical. JPs strengths were the same as Bollers...as well as having the same weaknesses.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 05:12 PM
I have read what you wrote. You started this post essentially stating that Atlanta could likely make a move for Losman. What I am telling you is that such a move is very, very, very unlikely for the many reasons already stated in this thread.

I have stated this in a couple different threads already, but for the record, the only QBs that garner top consideration (i.e., 1st or 2nd round picks) are the following:

1. Proven NFL veterans with some track record of success (i.e., Bledsoe).

2. QBs who performed well in a very, very limited audition such that the trade is based on potential (i.e., Farve, Schaub, Rob Johnson, etc.) These are guys who have not played enough to show whether their games have any "warts." Guys like Losman (i.e., Carr, Harrington and Leftwich) have shown they have shortcomings to their games.

You're wrong. I didn't "essentially state" anything remotely close to what you're adding in to what I wrote. You are ADDING your words to what I wrote and then telling what I stated. What I definitivly stated was, Could there be interest for JP in ATL. Let me verify though. Yep that's what I wrote. Sure they could be. None of your points no matter how well you may have thought them out can disprove ATL may have interest. Whether that interest is cool, warm or hot doesn't matter, it would be an interest, if there is any which I don't know which is why I wrote COULD.

2.) I wasn't remote interested in this thread to develope into a debate about who said what first or who has a stronger point to their arguement. It really doesn't matter since none of us are in the room making the call. For If I had I would have entitled this thread. ATL is going to sign JP, mark my words, or ATL has a real interest in JP, or many other ways.

EDS
01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
You're wrong. I didn't "essentially state" anything remotely close to what you're adding in to what I wrote. You are ADDING your words to what I wrote and then telling what I stated. What I definitivly stated was, Could there be interest for JP in ATL. Let me verify though. Yep that's what I wrote. Sure they could be. None of your points no matter how well you may have thought them out can disprove ATL may have interest. Whether that interest is cool, warm or hot doesn't matter, it would be an interest, if there is any which I don't know which is why I wrote COULD.

2.) I wasn't remote interested in this thread to develope into a debate about who said what first or who has a stronger point to their arguement. It really doesn't matter since none of us are in the room making the call. For If I had I would have entitled this thread. ATL is going to sign JP, mark my words, or ATL has a real interest in JP, or many other ways.

Let's put it this way, there could be interest, but it is very, very, very remote given the situation in Atlanta.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Let's put it this way, there could be interest, but it is very, very, very remote given the situation in Atlanta.

I got no problem with that.

Confused
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I want perpetuation!!!!!

Oaf
01-20-2008, 08:40 PM

Words are being put in his mouth in this post as well.

If it comes to getting anything worse than a 4th for JP, I'd rather just keep him.

Losman4Life
01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Atlanta knows that JP is a superstar QB that needs a real coach to take advantage of his raw talent.

If Losman is traded to the Falcons I'll definitely stop rooting for this crappy team and jump on the bandwagon down there.

Losman4Life
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
JP has:

Barely progressed? Dude your nuts! JP didn't even play his rookie year because of injury and was benched in 2005 depsite playing solid because Mularkey is a bigger idiot than Jauron. Then in 2006 he was one of the top QB's in the nfl but was screwed over yet again in 2007 because we have no offense and sucky coaches.

I can't wait until JP proves all you fools wrong! I'm going to laugh my ass off!!!!!

yordad
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
So what was the praise? "He didn't have a chance to shine." That is prasie? Sounds like he is putting down the whole team, not giving anyone praise. If you are going to start something with "Former Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi praised Bills quarterback J.P. Losman this week on ESPN...", at least follow it up with some praising.

But, Accorsi is right. He didn't get a chance to shine. Falcons? Sure. Unfortunately.

yordad
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll give you Grossman on the rushing ability, but passing ability is the same.

Here's JPs rushing numbers and Bollers...you tell me which is which. Then you tell me how they're not the same player.

53 attempts for 189 yards or 38 attempts for 140.

Read their scouting reports, I'm too lazy to post them, but they're identical. JPs strengths were the same as Bollers...as well as having the same weaknesses.Boller? Have you seen either play? I'm sure you have, but I'm sure you were watching blindly, if possible. Or, just blindly arguing against JP. They are two very different QBs. Nice try. And, I really don't care if their stats were identical.

Mr. Pink
01-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Boller has become the rave of the offseason, his arm strength wowing scouts at his workout when he threw a ball through the goalpost from 50 yards out while kneeling. He also ran under 4.6 in the forty at the combine, which shows how athletic he is for a 235-pound player.
Some scouts who have studied his tapes aren't so convinced that he is first-round material. They point to the fact he completed just 53.4 percent of his passes last season, although he did have his share of drops.
"When you watch him on film, you sure don't see it," said one NFC scout. "You see the arm, but not the accuracy. Somebody is either going to hit big or miss big on this kid."

excerpt above by Pete Prisco.

Gee, who does that sound like? JP Losman!

They're the same QB. Guys with athleticism who have cannons but are not accurate passers. Plus neither have very good football smarts and aren't good at protecting the football. Both were guys their respective teams traded up to get...and both are complete busts.

What's their difference in play on the field? Zero.

justasportsfan
01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Ernie Accorsi has had more success than Dick . As a Gm he also has more success than marv. His opinion holds more water than anyone cuurently related to the bills org.

yordad
01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
"Already ranks in the Tulane top 10 in nearly every passing and total offense category after just one year as a starter. Has compiled the lowest interception percentage (INTs per attempts) in school and Conference USA history entering his senior season."
http://tulane.scout.com/a.z?s=202&p=8&c=1&nid=749743

"His unique combination of size, arm strength, mobility, and intelligence make him a hot commodity among scouts. The National scouting service rated Losman as their top senior quarterback, even higher than a certain Manning prodigy from Ole Miss. Losman first hit the stage when he rotated into games with Ramsey, but he began raising eyebrows when he played an entire game in place of Ramsey against Army. Losman filled in admirably, tossing for 384 yards and three scores en route to being named Conference USA’s top freshman quarterback in 2000. Taking over full time for Ramsey in 2002, Losman had maybe his best game against Navy last season when he completed 25 of 35 passes for 329 yards and five touchdowns.
Heading into the 2003 season, Losman carries with him the lowest interception per attempt percentage in school history. With his deft feet and 4.6-speed, Losman is always able to throw on the run. He has matured his game to the point where he’s become more patient and reliable, careful to keep the ball away from the defense."
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/draft/2004/prospects/losmanj.html

"J.P. Losman's career interception rate (2.73%) was lowest in Tulane history"
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2004draft/2004-04-23-qbs-scouting_x.htm

"He's the one with the sudden snap of a release, a playmaker's legs and the kind of grit throwbacks love in the huddle. None of which might be enough to propel J.P. Losman past the other three or ensure him of being a No. 1 pick, and all of which could ultimately make him the best of the bunch."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2004draft/2004-04-22-cover-losman_x.htm

" J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane (6-2½, 220) | previous ranking: 13
Losman is a pure passer who can thread the needle or feather a throw when he has to. He's also one of the toughest quarterbacks in the country -- he'll hang in the pocket and take abuse in order to make throws. Losman has a passion for the game and studies endlessly, and he's an honors student in the classroom. With the skills and intangibles the NFL looks for, he has a chance to be a solid first-round draft pick."
http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=429165&referrerid=117198

That last one was some Mel Kiper Jr. for you.

LABillsFan
01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
The plot thickens with the hiring of Mularky :scratch:

VeggieMan14
01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
trade him for a second if we can and trade our other second for Roy Williams

soapman
02-23-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/40954

Looks like DeAngelo Hall is looking for a new home....