PDA

View Full Version : My negative comment...

X-Era
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I really try to be upbeat but I just thought about something.

Has Ralph Wilson really thrown in the towel on this team?

Ralph was the owner of a team that went to 4 SB's, and lost, with at least 3 hall of famers on that team. Yet we have only 1 pro-bowler at this point!

How can a guy that went to 4 SB's with 3 hall of famers and lost, think that all we need is one pro-bowler to win it all?

Use that thought for a minute... Heres the LAST things we should do now:

Sign second tier players
Move down in the draft

This team is stocked with average players, we need some stars quick!

yordad
01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Maybe keeping staff payroll down, and not having spent future cap dollars is the best way Ralph can prove to a new owner that they don't need to move the team to make money.

I'm not saying it is all that cut and dry, but I am curious to know if you would rather have no team, or an average team?

If you were going to risk (invest) 400 million to become the majority owners of a franchise, what kind of return would you want on that sort of investment? It would have to be a complete cash cow, to be that rich, and invest that kind of time and money on. But, it is the NFL. Is there a bigger cash cow in entertainment? Or the world? Isn't it like Oil, NFL, Walmart? :shrug:

jamze132
01-21-2008, 02:17 AM
I'm convinced with the right coaching and great drafting this team can be a winning team without having a huge payrole. The problem is finding the right coach and let him make all personnel decisions.

shelby
01-21-2008, 05:47 AM
i don't think Jauron is going anywhere. If anything, the FO's decisions to not hire an outside GM, and to make all promotions from within the organization, indicates to me that they are comfortable letting Jauron make all the personnel and player decisions.
Let's hope he can do a decent job of it.