PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl boycott

OpIv37
01-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not watching the game. I can't. I hate the Patriots. I hate seeing them win. I hate seeing them celebrate. I ****ing hate everything about that team and the thought of watching Brady, Bruschi, Seau, Moss and their cadre of dirtbags on D (Seymour, Wilfork, Vrabel, Harrison) hoist the trophy over their heads AGAIN seriously makes me feel physically ill.

I'm sick of the special treatment this ****ing team gets. Did anyone see Seymour push Rivers to the ground right in front of the ref DURING A DEAD BALL? Not only was there no flag, but the announcers ACTUALLY DEFENDED THE NON-CALL.

It's just one small example but it's a microcosm for how the league and the media view the Pats, and it's nauseating.

And just for the record, I don't have any delusions of grandeur. I'm doing this for my own sanity- not because I actually think it's going to make a difference in how the Patriots are treated by the NFL and the media.

So **** the Patriots and **** the Super Bowl as long as the Patriots are in it. I'm going skiing.

LABillsFan
01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
You could always drink while its on

X-Era
01-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not watching the game. I can't. I hate the Patriots. I hate seeing them win. I hate seeing them celebrate. I ****ing hate everything about that team and the thought of watching Brady, Bruschi, Seau, Moss and their cadre of dirtbags on D (Seymour, Wilfork, Vrabel, Harrison) hoist the trophy over their heads AGAIN seriously makes me feel physically ill.

I'm sick of the special treatment this ****ing team gets. Did anyone see Seymour push Rivers to the ground right in front of the ref DURING A DEAD BALL? Not only was there no flag, but the announcers ACTUALLY DEFENDED THE NON-CALL.

It's just one small example but it's a microcosm for how the league and the media view the Pats, and it's nauseating.

And just for the record, I don't have any delusions of grandeur. I'm doing this for my own sanity- not because I actually think it's going to make a difference in how the Patriots are treated by the NFL and the media.

So **** the Patriots and **** the Super Bowl as long as the Patriots are in it. I'm going skiing.

Read my thread and join me my friend!

LtFinFan66
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
I will definitely watch. To either see history made or history stopped

SquishDaFish
01-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Ill watch and root hard against them. I just hope its GB

OpIv37
01-20-2008, 05:57 PM

I don't want to see history made- not by that team. As fans of other AFCE teams, this is going to haunt us for the rest of our lives, unless another team pulls it off (which is highly unlikely). I don't want it to happen and if it's going to happen anyway, I don't want to witness it.

Topdog
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds pretty childest to me!

Topdog
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I hate GB!, but if they're in it I'll still watch the game!

Luisito23
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Not only are they cheaters, but the refs, league, broadcasters, and even that idiot commissioner not only supports them, but they also turn their heads whenever they do something dirty...So F%%% NE, their scumbag players, their bandwagon fans, and anyone who supports those classless cheaters!......They can all kiss my :moon:!....BUFFALO 4 LIFE!!!.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

OpIv37
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Sounds pretty childest to me!

I don't want to see them win. There's a good chance they're going to win. So, what's childish about not watching it?

Do you watch crap TV shows that you don't like? Well, it's the same thing.

helmetguy
01-20-2008, 07:10 PM
He said "childest," Op.

OpIv37
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
He said "childest," Op.

welcome back.

G Wolly
01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
It's ok.

Brett Favre will totally own Brady and his crew of cheaters.

DynaPaul
01-20-2008, 07:57 PM
I've already been onboard since the end of the season and I'm sticking to the boycott. By the way, those were some nice non-calls on the Bruschi holding in the red zone and the blatant leg whip on Rivers by a d-lineman.

Owen DeBoard
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM

Very good post my man. Ive been saying it all year that not only do you have to beat the Pats but you have to beat the officials. Ive said it many times look what Terrel Suggs said after they got beat by the Pats.

Mr. Cynical
01-20-2008, 08:26 PM

Just remind yourself of this and it should help ease the pain.

2007 New England Patriots *

*Caught cheating.

No matter how well they do, it's a cold hard fact. Whatever they accomplish, it's tainted. Period.

R. Rich
01-20-2008, 08:31 PM
The question remains: how can such sour grapes make such fine whine?

G. Host
01-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Boycotts are not effective against shows. It is better to boycott advertisers.

hydro
01-20-2008, 08:57 PM

:roflmao:

streetkings01
01-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Yuck!!!!!!!!!!! We have to watch a Giants vs Patriots Super Bowl.

G. Host
01-20-2008, 09:17 PM

Depends on your taste in whine.

Iehoshua
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Not watching either. Booooring.

MikeInRoch
01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
It's ok.

Brett Favre will totally own Brady and his crew of cheaters.

Apparently not.

YardRat
01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm seriously going to consider not watching this game, and it will be the first one I haven't seen since forever.

If GB would have won, different story but NE/NY really has almost zero appeal to me.

Philagape
01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Worst! Super Bowl! Ever!

Michael82
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Worst! Super Bowl! Ever!
Agreed! Anyone who thinks it will be close due to the final game of the season is fooling themselves. New England will make sure they don't let the Giants into this game and it should be a blowout! Plus I can't stand either team. Sorry NFL, but you lost me this year. Have fun with another Patriots championship, the dirtiest, luckiest, cheating team in the league. :ill:

Michael82
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Yuck!!!!!!!!!!! We have to watch a Giants vs Patriots Super Bowl.
:puke:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
What SuperBowl?

Scumbag College
01-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm hosting a damn SB party...I hope no one would be offended if I turned on the Weather Channel or maybe rent a movie and put it on right at kickoff.

OpIv37
01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Boycotts are not effective against shows. It is better to boycott advertisers.

Like I said: I'm not doing it because I'm under the delusion that it's going to make a difference. I'm doing it for my own sanity. Watching the Pats win is just going to make me puke beer and Tostino's all over my shoes.

paladin warrior
01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
ME too I hate NE.. I will put my middle finger at T. B face.. And shover the football in his a.@@.

RingofFire
01-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Agreed! Anyone who thinks it will be close due to the final game of the season is fooling themselves. New England will make sure they don't let the Giants into this game and it should be a blowout! Plus I can't stand either team. Sorry NFL, but you lost me this year. Have fun with another Patriots championship, the dirtiest, luckiest, cheating team in the league. :ill: Gmen played excellent down stretch and have a shot. It will be better than last years super bowl. i hate the g men as i live in giantland. but what they have done is crazy!

edited: personal attack.

jamze132
01-21-2008, 02:14 AM
After the Pats won their game, I said I wasn't watching the Super Bowl either. **** them!

Gunzlingr
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
I won't watch since I don't like either team.

mybills
01-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Gmen played excellent down stretch and have a shot. It will be better than last years super bowl. i hate the g men as i live in giantland. but what they have done is crazy!

The Giants happen to be my 2nd favorite team, and I've been rooting for them since the Bills (my #1 team) got knocked out. My team just won a Championship. :bravo:!

But enough about my happiness...

They have been a 4th Qtr come back team for a while..almost all season, so yes they have a shot. Eli isn't great, but he can thread a ball when he has to, and their defense is pretty damned good!

Having said all that...I won't be watching either. My stomach turns when ever I hear the name, Pats. I will record it, and if my G-men can somehow pull off a win...I will watch just to see NE LOSE! :up:

mikemac2001
01-21-2008, 07:41 AM
You could always drink while its on

Be hammered by half and will keep it going till its over

MTBillsFan
01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
As far back as I can remember, I always loved watching the SB. Unfortunetly, I have no desire to watch the game this year. I hate NE and I hate the Giants. I actually don't want to watch any sports for the next month because all of the NE butt kissing that will happen. It has already started in all the post game coverage... F NE!

EricStratton
01-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Living in GiantLand there is a small part of me that wants to watch to see the Pats kick their asses.

I can live with the NE love easier then I can live with a bunch of fathead Tony Soprano look-a-likes in Jints jerseys yelling "Let's Go Giants" from every barstool in the state.

Jan Reimers
01-21-2008, 08:45 AM
I'll be watching, just like anyone else that just can't keep their eyes off a train wreck.

DraftBoy
01-21-2008, 10:56 AM
To see the greatest team to ever play the game football clinch that title and make NFL history? What are you nuts, of course Ill be watching. I dont get the boycott at all, not liking the teams is secondary to the context this has about the NFL which is the reason we even get to see the Bills play.

Historian
01-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Pass.

The Historian's Annual Super Bowl Party will become the Historian's Annual 4th of July Party this Year.

HHURRICANE
01-21-2008, 11:38 AM

Best answer on the board comes from a fish fan.

Couldn't agree more.

mybills
01-21-2008, 11:47 AM
just because it matches your opinion, it doesn't mean it's the best answer.

Buffatexas
01-23-2008, 02:44 PM
To see the greatest team to ever play the game football clinch that title and make NFL history? What are you nuts, of course Ill be watching. I dont get the boycott at all, not liking the teams is secondary to the context this has about the NFL which is the reason we even get to see the Bills play.

sorry, undefeated or not, the Pats will always be marked as cheaters. They did it and got caught.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
The best answer is this...

You're a football fan, so watching the biggest game of the year is a requisite.

If you don't watch the big game, you're not much of a fan of the sport.

And you really aren't a fan of either of the two teams, if you don't watch the game. How one can say they like the Giants and not watch this game is blasphemous.

DraftBoy
01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
sorry, undefeated or not, the Pats will always be marked as cheaters. They did it and got caught.

:rofl: Oh I love how naive Bills fans like to be sometimes

Buffatexas
01-23-2008, 08:02 PM
:rofl: Oh I love how naive Bills fans like to be sometimes

so in your world, Bonds is the undisputed HR king, Joyner the fastest women of her time, need this list go on?

if the pats go undefeated, they will be marked as such, but no one can say that they did it the whole way without "a little help". Imagine if they got caught in the last game of the year, that would have been a bigger fracas than it was.

DraftBoy
01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
so in your world, Bonds is the undisputed HR king, Joyner the fastest women of her time, need this list go on?

Yes because those words came out of my mouth, or technically were typed through my fingers.

mybills
01-24-2008, 05:59 AM
The best answer is this...

You're a football fan, so watching the biggest game of the year is a requisite.

If you don't watch the big game, you're not much of a fan of the sport.

And you really aren't a fan of either of the two teams, if you don't watch the game. How one can say they like the Giants and not watch this game is blasphemous.

I know a lot of base ball fans that don't watch the world series if their team isn't in it.
If someone doesn't want to watch, they DO have that right. It doesn't mean they're not a football or baseball fan. :rolleyes: It just means they don't want to see the hated team succeed, and/or the underdog lose, or they just don't care about either team.
I'd love to see the Giants kick their ass, therefore I'm setting the DVR and heading out to the movies. When I hear the final score, and they happen to pull off an upset, I will gladly watch the Pats LOSE!

R. Rich
01-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes because those words came out of my mouth, or technically were typed through my fingers.

They were non-technically typed through your fingers.

Did it hurt?

Cntrygal
01-24-2008, 06:42 PM
If I can get my foot into a ski boot - I'll be on the slopes too!!! :10:

Dujek
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll watch. I'll go to bed at 4.30am or so. My alarm will go off at 6.30am and I'll make it into work for 8, and hide in my office all day.

Why will I do this? Because it's the Super Bowl, it's the biggest game of the year, and this year it will either make me very happy or I'll see history created as the Patriots go 19-0. The way the Giants have been improving week on week throughout the playoffs means that I'm starting to think that an upset could be on the cards.

RingofFire
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
What now OP... glad u missed super bowl........ very glad hate people like you. wat now????????? you...

LtFinFan66
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Worst! Super Bowl! Ever!Guess not eh:idunno:

Michael82
02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
To see the greatest team to ever play the game football clinch that title.

:rofl: It's official, we can now give you that Patriots avatar that you so desire! :puke:

Night Train
02-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Nice boycott.

Try boycotting the Bills 2008 season as your next act of brilliance.

Discotrish
02-04-2008, 07:54 AM
BTW, history WAS made.

JMO.

Patti

madness
02-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Nice boycott.

Try boycotting the Bills 2008 season as your next act of brilliance.

:spit: :bf1:

DraftBoy
02-04-2008, 08:02 AM
What an awesome game I hope that those that said they'd boycott it did, you guys missed an excellent football game.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Boycott the Super Bowl, that would be pretty :limp:

DraftBoy
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
:rofl: It's official, we can now give you that Patriots avatar that you so desire! :puke:

Yes Im a huge Pats fan what can I say? Sorry Mike Im not blind fan, I choose to judge objectively.

Ickybaluky
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
NFL Network is replaying it Wednesday night, in case you missed it.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:07 AM
NFL Network is replaying it Wednesday night, in case you missed it.
I hope you watch it and I hope it causes you pain like you've never felt before, you and all the other Patriot "fans."

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes Im a huge Pats fan what can I say? Sorry Mike Im not blind fan, I choose to judge objectively.
Yeah, you'll learn quickly that being objective doesn't work with the WNYers. It's homer or bust.

Ickybaluky
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
I hope you watch it and I hope it causes you pain like you've never felt before, you and all the other Patriot "fans."

I plan on watching, but I don't get all upset one way or the other about things I can't control. I enjoy the games, and wish the season wasn't over more than anything.

I'm already switching into offseason mode. I hope to hear about Moss signing and extension sometime this month, and am preparing my FA lists. I'll start getting more into draft prep as well.

DraftBoy
02-04-2008, 08:12 AM
I plan on watching, but I don't get all upset one way or the other about things I can't control. I enjoy the games, and wish the season wasn't over more than anything.

I'm already switching into offseason mode. I hope to hear about Moss signing and extension sometime this month, and am preparing my FA lists. I'll start getting more into draft prep as well.

You're welcome into the Scouting Zone anytime!

madness
02-04-2008, 08:14 AM

So being objective is saying...?

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DraftBoy

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:lmao:It doesn't matter what else you say, you've already inserted your foot. Now take it like a man.

gr8slayer
02-04-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DraftBoy

:lmao:It doesn't matter what else you say, you've already inserted your foot. Now take it like a man.
So what's wrong with anything he's saying? They are the best team to ever play in a single season.

madness
02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
So what's wrong with anything he's saying? They are the best team to ever play in a single season.

Greatest team to ever play the game does not = "best team to ever play in a single season".

DraftBoy
02-04-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:

I was wrong about them clinching the title, and Ill admit to that, but I dont retract my comment about being the greatest team. If going undefeated is the only barometer of being the greatest team than obviously only the 72 Fins can talk.

SquishDaFish
02-04-2008, 08:43 AM
They are not the greatest this year the GIANTS are :lol:

madness
02-04-2008, 08:55 AM
I was wrong about them clinching the title, and Ill admit to that, but I dont retract my comment about being the greatest team. If going undefeated is the only barometer of being the greatest team than obviously only the 72 Fins can talk.

G.O.A.T.?

That's a joke. Only somebody under 25 would think that. ;)

The 72 Dolphins don't even crack the top 10. They played inferior talent just like the Pats whipped up on mostly inferior defenses. Ask any player, the reason you play this game is to win the SB. If you don't win the big game, all the talent in the world means absolutely nothing.

Discotrish
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM

Were there any larger Super Bowl point spreads where the favored team lost? If not, that would be a Super Accomplishment for Brady and the Pats. Truly, they're the greatest!

Patti

Cntrygal
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
What an awesome game I hope that those that said they'd boycott it did, you guys missed an excellent football game.

Like a crack addict - I watched it. :couch:

I cooked at the VFW on Saturday & Sunday... went to the slopes for a couple hours and then back to the VFW for more cooking.... then got home about 20 minutes before kickoff.

The great news (besides the NYG's winning) - was that I can get the boot on - I'll just have to be careful and take a break every hour or so when I go to Keystone. :D