PDA

View Full Version : We are in trouble

tonyc37
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
You can put the Fairchild hire on DJ.Fairchild was here under Greg Williams and was fired.DJ hired him for his staff and in St.Louis he was the OC in name only Mike Martz clled the plays.My point being this.DJ didn't assemble a great staff and now he is in charge of personnel decisions as well.Plus in 6 years as a head coach he has had 1 winning season.Also he was hired by the Bears only after they screwed up the Dave McGinnis hire.Remember they thought they had a deal with McGinnis and had a press conference set up to announce it before the deal was actually signed.When thathappened they then turned to DJ.

jamze132
01-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Fairchild is gone, leave it alone. EVERY NFL coach makes mistakes both with players and coaches. Look to 2008 with a new OC who at least sounds like he knows what he is talking about. He is saying the same stuff we fans have been saying ever since Fairchild has been the OC.

If Schonert turns out to be a pretty successful OC, you need to give credit to Jauron for hiring him.

BillsFever21
01-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Fairchild is gone, leave it alone. EVERY NFL coach makes mistakes both with players and coaches. Look to 2008 with a new OC who at least sounds like he knows what he is talking about. He is saying the same stuff we fans have been saying ever since Fairchild has been the OC.

If Schonert turns out to be a pretty successful OC, you need to give credit to Jauron for hiring him.

Some people like Turk right now for the simple reason that his name isn't Steve Fairchild.

I remember when Fairchild was hired he was saying all the right things and many people thought of him as a breath of fresh air even before ever establishing himself one bit. They pointed out that he was the OC on a great Rams' offense. They either failed to realize that Martz called the plays or didn't want to think of it.

I even remember when Tom Clements was hired you heard all the same stuff you are heard with Fairchild and are hearing with Schonert.

It's easy for an OC to come in and talk a big game when the guy before him was a joke. Especially when you are a first time hire and never came close to sniffing the job before. It's a lot different when you are the one actually coming up with the gameplan and calling the plays though.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. I don't see much optimism in him. The guy has been a QB coach for 10 years and never once came close to sniffing a promotion or even being considered for one before. With most good coaches they are highly considered long before they have that many years in the league and are 51 years old. Especially with a guy who fits that resume and has never groomed a successful QB in his 10 years as a QB coach. His success rate as a QB coach isn't very good. I just don't see where he is the least bit qualified to be an OC.

For the sake of the Bills I hope he can actually back it up. We have heard this song and dance with every hunk of crap that has walked onto OBD in the last 10 years though.

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
No coach can win without talent. The Bills need more weapons on offense ASAP.

YardRat
01-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I'll give Turk the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

DJ's on a one-year probation with me at this point. I think he did a helluva job considering all the extenuating circumstances this year, but we need to make the playoffs in '08.

gr8slayer
01-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I remember when Fairchild was hired he was saying all the right things and many people thought of him as a breath of fresh air even before ever establishing himself one bit.

When you're as bad as we have been for the past decade this happens a lot. I don't get it either.

TigerJ
01-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Some people like Turk right now for the simple reason that his name isn't Steve Fairchild.

I remember when Fairchild was hired he was saying all the right things and many people thought of him as a breath of fresh air even before ever establishing himself one bit. They pointed out that he was the OC on a great Rams' offense. They either failed to realize that Martz called the plays or didn't want to think of it.

I even remember when Tom Clements was hired you heard all the same stuff you are heard with Fairchild and are hearing with Schonert.

It's easy for an OC to come in and talk a big game when the guy before him was a joke. Especially when you are a first time hire and never came close to sniffing the job before. It's a lot different when you are the one actually coming up with the gameplan and calling the plays though.

I guess we'll see how it turns out. I don't see much optimism in him. The guy has been a QB coach for 10 years and never once came close to sniffing a promotion or even being considered for one before. With most good coaches they are highly considered long before they have that many years in the league and are 51 years old. Especially with a guy who fits that resume and has never groomed a successful QB in his 10 years as a QB coach. His success rate as a QB coach isn't very good. I just don't see where he is the least bit qualified to be an OC.

For the sake of the Bills I hope he can actually back it up. We have heard this song and dance with every hunk of crap that has walked onto OBD in the last 10 years though.

Agreed. Steve Fairchild was a highly regarded hire around the league. You win some, you lose some.

tat2dmike77
01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
No coach can win without talent. The Bills need more weapons on offense ASAP.

Finally common sense prevails!!!!