PDA

View Full Version : Losman is way better than Eli Manning

Losman4Life
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Manning sucks and just made the superbowl because the packers offense choked and if we are going to trade JP than we will get at least a 1st rounder for him straight up, this im absolutely sure of. In fact I don't think Rivers or Big Ben are better than JP either in terms of raw talent.

But let's hope the Bills front office was watching the nfc championship and realizes what a good QB we have in Losman and gives him another chance instead of trading him. JP got hosed by Fairchild and will do much better with Schonert calling the plays.

DMBcrew36
01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
This thread put a big smile on my face. Funny stuff. Anyways, I'd hope we can get a 3rd rounder for him.

trapezeus
01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
can we trace the IP address to Losman4life and see if it is coming from the losman househould?

RingofFire
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
This is pathetic. Eli is coming around. No wonder he is a Manning

justasportsfan
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Prior to this year JP was ranked higher than Eli with way less to work with. It's not hard to think that if JP was drafted by the giants , he could have had the same success as Eli.

only those in love with Trents potential will disagree. Emotion over logic

trapezeus
01-20-2008, 11:23 PM
i said that i believed that if eli's last name wasn't manning, losman and him would be indiscernable. however, if you think the giants are getting to the super bowl because of manning, you are crazy. he had a good nfc game. but he's ridden some great defensive performances and lack of execution by the other team....that's exactly jp.

losman4life is clearly a troll. even justa, a fan of losman but not stupid about it wouldn't go so far as to claim a first round pick for jp......

justasportsfan
01-20-2008, 11:32 PM
losman4life is clearly a troll. even justa, a fan of losman but not stupid about it wouldn't go so far as to claim a first round pick for jp......
:rofl:

JP is a bill and yet i'm a troll . :crazy: I never even said jp is a franchise qb . My opinion is that he was never given a decent supporting cast to succeeed. If that makes me a troll then anyone who agrees that our OL sucked with Bennie and co. and that Fairchild/Mularkey are idiots must be trolls as well.

looks to me than anyone who isn't in love with Trent must be a JP fan as far as you're concerned. Your emotion for Trent weighs more than logic.

JP has the arm that Gilbride would've loved. Last year Jp had a better year than Eli did and Eli had tiki Barber, a TE and a better OL than JP.

G Wolly
01-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Is that why Eli (i have no idea how) made it to the Super Bowl?

justasportsfan
01-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Is that why Eli (i have no idea how) made it to the Super Bowl?
He's had continuity and a D to bail him out. Jp had nothing ever since he's been here.

B-DON
01-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I dont know what game you guys were watching tonight but Eli was dominant imo. He was accurate on all his short throws and his chemistry with plax reminds me of peyton and harrison. Eli played great tonight and anyone who saw different needs to get their eyes checked

Ebenezer
01-21-2008, 12:25 AM
JP is not going to be the starter, regardless of getting a fair shot or not, for one simple reason...they are not going to pay a big contract to an unknown commodity. To debate it further is fruitless.

Michael82
01-21-2008, 01:03 AM
JP is not going to be the starter, regardless of getting a fair shot or not, for one simple reason...they are not going to pay a big contract to an unknown commodity. To debate it further is fruitless.
The more and more I think of it, I believe that it was all about the money. Edwards was drafted so he could take over for JP Losman. They also stripped the offense and took away his responsibilities. It's ridiculous how much the coaching staff did not do anything to help their starting QB succeed. :sigh: :ill:

Crisis
01-21-2008, 01:17 AM
the more and more i think about i can't wait until losman is gone so everyone can get off his nuts

he blows

G Wolly
01-21-2008, 01:22 AM
He's had continuity and a D to bail him out. Jp had nothing ever since he's been here.

Well I can't argue that one

justasportsfan
01-21-2008, 02:12 AM
the more and more i think about i can't wait until losman is gone so everyone can get off his nuts

he blows
you must want Trent to leave too because so far, he blows but he has " potential" but then, so did JP.

Crisis
01-21-2008, 03:29 AM
i've seen 3 years of crap from jp

enough is enough

Jan Reimers
01-21-2008, 04:47 AM
He must be better than Favre, too.

Seriously, though, he didn't have the continuity or special treatment that Eli has enjoyed. I don't think JP was handled as well as he could have been here, but he did have 31 starts, and never really progressed.

It's time for JP to restart his career elsewhere.

Confused
01-21-2008, 06:02 AM
JP is a good QB. He is a starterin my book. Just not here. He screwed up/we screwed up is niether here nor there at this point. Its time to move on. Im sure JP wants the best possible senario to play out as do we. Arguing over his possible trade value and whether or not if he started his carreer elswhere would he be better goes nowhere.

B-DON
01-21-2008, 06:18 AM
you must want Trent to leave too because so far, he blows but he has " potential" but then, so did JP.

You said it yourself justa, Losman "did" have potential.

mchurchfie
01-21-2008, 06:19 AM
I dont know what game you guys were watching tonight but Eli was dominant imo. He was accurate on all his short throws and his chemistry with plax reminds me of peyton and harrison. Eli played great tonight and anyone who saw different needs to get their eyes checked
Exactly, Jp in the same pressure situation against a legit team would have ****ed it up. Jp had over three seasons to prove himseld and failed, time for everyone to get over it and quit making excuses for him. Even without much talent surrounding him it was pretty plain to see that JP lacks the mental wherewithall to excel in The NFL. He used to do some really DUMB **** at times.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Exactly, Jp in the same pressure situation against a legit team would have ****ed it up. Jp had over three seasons to prove himseld and failed, time for everyone to get over it and quit making excuses for him. Even without much talent surrounding him it was pretty plain to see that JP lacks the mental wherewithall to excel in The NFL. He used to do some really DUMB **** at times.

Eli played fine, mentioning JP in the same sentence is a sad attempt at a joke.

streetkings01
01-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Eli actually helped his team make the playoffs each of his 1st full years of starting, so I dont see how Eli and JP were even at the same level. JP's 2006 season wasn't even as good as people make it out to be. His only good games in his so called great 2nd half of 2006 was against the Texans, Jets, and Miami. He sucked ass against the Packers, Colts, Chargers, Ravens and was avg against the Jags and Titans.

dannyek71
01-21-2008, 07:51 AM
One is in the SB, one is at home. End of debate.

mybills
01-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you! :bf1:

EricStratton
01-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Eli did what young QB's do to stay in the league. He progressed every season and this year got better and better as the year went on.

Two weeks before we played the Giants people in NY and NJ were calling for Eli to be benched and for the Giants to draft a new QB this off-season. The sports talk shows were full of that crap. (It reminded me of this board as I drove around).

But as QB's who will be around a while do he progressed and played very good football the last 5-6 weeks and here they are. That is something JP never did (for whatever the reason) in his time behind center.

HHURRICANE
01-21-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm not going to hammer this thread at all. I'm not sure that if Losman gets drafted by the Giants that he isn't sitting there right now.

Tom Coughlin got lambasted for doing what Mularkey had no balls to do. Funny, Coughlin is going to a Super Bowl and Mularkey is out of work.

However, to bring a little reality to this thread Losman is playing like the guy that got drafted behind Rivers, Ben, and Eli.

kgun12
01-21-2008, 08:30 AM
It's ridiculous how much the coaching staff did not do anything to help their starting QB succeed. :sigh: :ill:

...And yet our QB coach is now our offensive coordinator! :headscrat

TacklingDummy
01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Kevin Gilbride was going to turn JP Losman into a super star. That same Kevin Gilbride that Bills fans ran out of Buffalo.

EDS
01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Eli has had a very mediocre career but he has played very well in the playoffs this year. If Eli didn't play well the last few games of the regular season and the playoffs he probably would be on the way out as the Giants QB.

If Losman but together a 3-4 game stretch like Eli is having now at any point this season then he would still be the Bills starting QB. Losman didn't get it done though, just like David Carr, Byron Leftwich and Joey Harrington didn't get it done when they had the opportunity. That is why Losman isn't a starter anymore.

Bert102176
01-21-2008, 02:03 PM
JP is a better QB the Eli by far and half of the around the league the Bills screwed him over cause they didn't wanna have to pay him the bonuse he would of made this year cause RW is a cheap bastard

Bill Cody
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
JP is a better QB the Eli by far and half of the around the league the Bills screwed him over cause they didn't wanna have to pay him the bonuse he would of made this year cause RW is a cheap bastard

crack?

Mr. Pink
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I love these threads...they keep popping up and I get to read more moronic posts excusing JPs attrocious, pathetic, pitiful, putrid attempt at being an NFL starting QB.

No matter the coaching, the playcalling, etc doesn't excuse the fact that JP cannot read a defense, does not understand he can't win games just on his athleticism alone, makes poor decisions, bad ball security and has poor mechanics.

Those are all on JP...not an outside force, but himself. JP would have failed anywhere regardless of what was around him.

It has nothing to do with Ralph being cheap, it has everything to do with the fact JP isn't worth a league minimum salary from what we saw over his career, let alone bonuses and extensions.

bruinsbm70
01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
i hope the bills stick with JP for at least 7-8 more years

83evans
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Manning sucks and just made the superbowl because the packers offense choked and if we are going to trade JP than we will get at least a 1st rounder for him straight up, this im absolutely sure of. In fact I don't think Rivers or Big Ben are better than JP either in terms of raw talent.

But let's hope the Bills front office was watching the nfc championship and realizes what a good QB we have in Losman and gives him another chance instead of trading him. JP got hosed by Fairchild and couldve done much better with Schonert calling the plays.

I thought this was a joke untill I saw who made this. Next, we will be lucky to trade him. A 7th round pick would be a waste for him.

83evans
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM

Here is how the 1st quarter went usually.

On offence

1,2,3,out

Defence

Punt

Offence

1,2,3,out

Defence

Punt

and then there were field goals made by the other team and then TDs because they were on the field so much. How often did you see Losmans head down holding his helmet walking off the field. Id say 9-10 times a game.

colin
01-22-2008, 10:20 AM
when losman was playing a few months ago it was obvious how limited he was.

when he sh@t the bed against the jags and pats it got totally crystal how he just can't do it.

but now that eli is in the championship and jp is refusing to stay even tho he lost his job his own damn self any comments about jp being good or even more than 20% the player that nfc champion eli manning is is absurd and shocking.

i've never once seen such support for a player that has produced so very very little.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2008, 11:10 AM
when losman was playing a few months ago it was obvious how limited he was.

when he sh@t the bed against the jags and pats it got totally crystal how he just can't do it.

but now that eli is in the championship and jp is refusing to stay even tho he lost his job his own damn self any comments about jp being good or even more than 20% the player that nfc champion eli manning is is absurd and shocking.

i've never once seen such support for a player that has produced so very very little.

I wonder if these boards existed 22 years ago if there would be threads clamoring for Bruce Mathison and how good he was.

theanswer74
01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
There was a lot more pressure on Eli than JP Losman. Some people want to say Manning sucks, but if JP averaged 24 TD's a year as a starter JP would not be going anywhere and would have another year to take that next step.

We can compare JP to Eli, but there really isnt any comparison. Eli hasnt had a great defense every year. He did QB a top 5 offense also.

I cant believe we are even talking about this.

JPFBillsFan
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
How do you compare what Eli had to work with, to what JP had? Not to mention different systems and people whom had no vested interest in you or want to pay you?

theanswer74
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
How do you compare what Eli had to work with, to what JP had? Not to mention different systems and people whom had no vested interest in you or want to pay you?

The same system we kicked out of Buffalo. A WR that never practices. No Shockey. Good RB's, but not Barber.

Philagape
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
It's not so much that Eli's lighting it up, either. He's playing mistake-free. No turnovers in the playoffs against three decent defenses on the road.
That's the anti-JP.

Albany,n.y.
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I really thought the Losman supporters in this thread were being sarcastic-then I read who posted the Pro-Losman posts & recognized the same lunatic fringe that just doesn't see what everyone else, most importantly the coaching staff, sees.

Spiderweb
01-22-2008, 07:08 PM

But let's hope the Bills front office was watching the nfc championship and realizes what a good QB we have in Losman and gives him another chance instead of trading him. JP got hosed by Fairchild and will do much better with Schonert calling the plays.

Giants defense have anything to do with the Packers lack of offensive spark? I know that sounds wierd, but hey, there may be somewhat of a link here.

As for the much maligned Eli Manning, I'm sure he's not through with his clunkers and his next game may just well be one, or not. JP, on the other hand, did get the short end of the stick in 2007, but that ship has sailed and only a miracle would change anything at this point. The decision was made to go forward with Edwards and that's all we got.

Hamden? How about 2008 with him and our #2?

Nighthawk
01-22-2008, 08:40 PM

Wow, somebody has been hitting the pipe pretty hard!

Mike13
01-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Eli outplayed the one of the best ever, and he has yet to throw a pick this season and he played well in a "mewaningless game" against NE. Give Manning the younger his due.
He has impressed this non-believer thats for damn sure.

MarshawnIsDaMan
01-22-2008, 10:16 PM
wow, what a moronic thread. Man, Losman fanatics are really clueless.

gr8slayer
01-22-2008, 10:18 PM

This post is a stupid piece of human excrement.

justasportsfan
01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Here is how the 1st quarter went usually.

On offence

1,2,3,out

Defence

Punt

Offence

1,2,3,out

Defence

Punt

and then there were field goals made by the other team and then TDs because they were on the field so much. How often did you see Losmans head down holding his helmet walking off the field. Id say 9-10 times a game.same thing when edwards is the qb . whats your point?

83evans
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
same thing when edwards is the qb . whats your point?

Not realy. Do you watch bills games when TE is QB. Normally we will be ahead by 3 in the 1st or 2nd posession and we dont have 3 and outs as much as we do with JP(still thats not saying much)