PDA

View Full Version : so i know a giants QB was ridiculed like someone we all know

djjimkelly
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
and its quite funny all the talk about eli being a joke a so on. hes in the bowl now.

i know another qb who draws similar ridiculing. the big difference is burress smith and toomer are probably a combined 2-3 feet taller then our 3 wrs.

on a side note funny how that press attacking D we used to run is going to the bowl in the NFC and that 3-4 we used to run in going on the AFC. long live the cover 2

The Jokeman
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
and its quite funny all the talk about eli being a joke a so on. hes in the bowl now.

i know another qb who draws similar ridiculing. the big difference is burress smith and toomer are probably a combined 2-3 feet taller then our 3 wrs.

on a side note funny how that press attacking D we used to run is going to the bowl in the NFC and that 3-4 we used to run in going on the AFC. long live the cover 2
The difference is that maligned QB and his team found ways to win and make the playoffs 3 out of the 4 seasons he played. As much as want to support JP I can't deny that TE found ways to win while in there. Yet while I feel teams win and lose games not purely QBs it's hard to argue that we won more then with TE at helm this year then JP.

Michael82
01-21-2008, 12:49 AM
The difference is that maligned QB and his team found ways to win and make the playoffs 3 out of the 4 seasons he played. As much as want to support JP I can't deny that TE found ways to win while in there. Yet while I feel teams win and lose games not purely QBs it's hard to argue that we won more then with TE at helm this year then JP.
It's also hard to argue that we we would have won the same games with JP at the helm, especially when you consider who they were against and the fact that the team was hot at the time. :::

jamze132
01-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl...

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Making the SB is great, winning it is what's important.

HHURRICANE
01-21-2008, 08:23 AM

Losman has a NFL MVP brother that he can talk to as well? And a dad that played in the NFL? A winning record? The similarities are scary.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
It's also hard to argue that we we would have won the same games with JP at the helm, especially when you consider who they were against and the fact that the team was hot at the time. :::

How many times did JP lead the Bills to victory against a team who finsihed the season with a winning record?

Mr. Pink
01-21-2008, 09:08 AM
These Losman threads get stupider and stupider as they go.

Novacane
01-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Didn't you post that you had moved past the Losman thing DJ??

realdealryan
01-21-2008, 12:52 PM

And the offensive coordinator is better.
And a running game to worry about, thus opening up the pass game.
And a much better front 7 and blitz scheme.

Long live personnel-there are plenty of crappy 3-4 teams in the NFL.

Bill Cody
01-21-2008, 01:27 PM

I say stay the course with JP. At his present rate of development he'll guide us to the bowl in 2039. Maybe sooner if we can draft some NBA players for receivers.

Mudflap1
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
And who is that wily guy calling the plays for the Giants? Why, what's that you say? Kevin Gilbride!

Guess he wasn't so bad either... we just didn't have the horses ;)

Jon

realdealryan
01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
And who is that wily guy calling the plays for the Giants? Why, what's that you say? Kevin Gilbride!

Guess he wasn't so bad either... we just didn't have the horses ;)

Jon

I don't think he's that bad. I just hope the Giants don't get ahead 35-3 on the Pats...lol

Mahdi
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM

Im not about to say that JP is better or as good as Eli. However I will say this, Eli has been surrounded with top quality talent from day 1. He was given one of the most dominating receivers in the game Plaxico Burress, a talented and reliable veteran who makes plays Amani Toomer, arguably the best TE in the game, a very good OL and has always had great RB play to rely on as well. On top of that he is supported by an excellent defense. JP has had nothing even remotely similar to what Eli has been given.

DynaPaul
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl...

And Rob Johnson has a ring.

G. Host
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM

I do not think being voted most hated zoner is same as being ridiculed like you. You are exagerating.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat" colspan="4"> View Poll Results: Most Hated Zoner of 2007 </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%">
</td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">
</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> djjimkelly </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%"> http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar3-r.gif </td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">11</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">14.29%</td></tr></tbody></table>

venis2k1
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Making the SB is great, winning it is what's important.

This is coming from a bills fan.

gr8slayer
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
The difference is that the Giants stuck with Eli for four strait years, Losman got ****ed around by our horrible coaches.

gr8slayer
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
This is coming from a bills fan.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Eli didn't "get it" until the final game of this season in the game against the Pats.

I live in the NYC area, watch all of the Giants' games (they were my favorite team before the Bills came into existence and are still the NFC team that I root for), and I can tell you that Eli was terribly inconsistent all season long and the local media were talking about him being a bust before he suddenly found "it" in that game against the Patriots. Contrary to the way that the Bills media and fans covered the Bills-Giants game, there was extensive coverage in the NYC media of how Coughlin only allowed Eli to throw 2 passes in the second half of that game because he had no confidence in him which included comments on how T.Edwards had a better game than Eli throwing the ball in that game.

Eli has always had better talent around him with the Giants than JP or TE have had with the Bills. But, that's no excuse for some of the problems that Losman has continued to have: ie, how long should it take for a QB to learn how to throw a touch pass to an RB in the flat consistently without bouncing it or overthrowing it more often than not?

I'm not going to get into a JP vs TE debate here because it is pointless: Jauron and the Bills' coaching staff will decide who the Bills' starting QB is going to be regardless of what any one of us thinks or writes here. I just wanted to point out that the NY Giants made it to the playoffs because, while Eli has been very inconsistent until recently, he played well enough often enough and had a good enough surrounding cast for the team to make it to the playoffs and, fortunately for the Giants, Eli suddenly got "it" just in time to give the Giants the kind of good play at the QB position that they needed to make this run to the Super Bowl.

It goes to show, though, just how important good play at the QB position is to winning, especially in games against the better teams in the league. The Bills can and will be a better, more competitive team once they finally start to get that kind of good play from the QB position--something that they have lacked for some time.

colin
01-22-2008, 07:18 AM
eli has always been a very capable qb. he can make the reads, call the plays, and throw the ball very well.

the gilbride O is extremely aggressive and complicated, it looks great or it looks horrible even on a drive to drive basis. what we are seeing is how eli is being used as smart guy running a complicated O and how that can beat even very very tough opposition. the run game the g men have is also just a result of the o spreading guys out and keeping them back.

this is why i think eli's success is a notch on the edwards argument, not the jp argument. eli simply makes the reads and throws his o asks for, jp wants to be favre, gunslinging and making risky moves.

i'll take a smart guy every time.

EDS
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Im not about to say that JP is better or as good as Eli. However I will say this, Eli has been surrounded with top quality talent from day 1. He was given one of the most dominating receivers in the game Plaxico Burress, a talented and reliable veteran who makes plays Amani Toomer, arguably the best TE in the game, a very good OL and has always had great RB play to rely on as well. On top of that he is supported by an excellent defense. JP has had nothing even remotely similar to what Eli has been given.

Shockey is talented, but is far from being the best TE in the game. That dude routinely runs routes which differ from what the play calls for. He needs to be more team focused. It is no surprise that the Giants have done well in his absence.

Mahdi
01-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Shockey is talented, but is far from being the best TE in the game. That dude routinely runs routes which differ from what the play calls for. He needs to be more team focused. It is no surprise that the Giants have done well in his absence.
Well I said arguably,,, he is definitely in the top 5. JP and TE have a TE that is in the bottom 3.

djjimkelly
01-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I do not think being voted most hated zoner is same as being ridiculed like you. You are exagerating.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat" colspan="4"> View Poll Results: Most Hated Zoner of 2007 </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%">
</td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">
</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="50%"> djjimkelly </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%"> http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/polls/bar3-r.gif </td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center">11</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">14.29%</td></tr></tbody></table>

i actually never saw that poll but i think that is rather funny. if preaching the truth or questioning the direction of a bad HC puppet GM makes me disliked then so be iit i guess when we flop in 2008 i'll be aiming for a a mark of about 25%. but maybe by that time more will understand what im seeing.

and u do know throughout history most visionaries get ridiculed by their peers and only years later do their views get looked upon as righteous.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Can you stop licking Losmans balls already? No one cares.

EDS
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM

Someone get this guy a tissue!

Seriously, most Bills fans know the offense sucks, the defense sucks, coaching was sub-par in many instances, the front office and ownership situation is less then ideal and the QB play this year was horrible.

That said, it would take someone with a myopic view of things to think Losman is not part of the problem. For all his physical talents he lacks the mental accumen to play the position at a high level. Eli definitely deserved all the criticism he received. He stunk for most of the year. Difference with Eli and Losman is that Eli has finally strung together 4 good games in a row, something Losman has never done. If Eli was terrible in the first playoff game there would be ample talk about replacing him this off-season.

streetkings01
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
It's also hard to argue that we we would have won the same games with JP at the helm, especially when you consider who they were against and the fact that the team was hot at the time. :::Dude we almost became "the team" when we played the Fins down in Miami with Losman at the helm.

streetkings01
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
i actually never saw that poll but i think that is rather funny. if preaching the truth or questioning the direction of a bad HC puppet GM makes me disliked then so be iit i guess when we flop in 2008 i'll be aiming for a a mark of about 25%. but maybe by that time more will understand what im seeing.

and u do know throughout history most visionaries get ridiculed by their peers and only years later do their views get looked upon as righteous.So now your a prophet?:loser:

JPFBillsFan
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Eli didn't make any mistakes in his playoff games because they dumbed it down for him, took away the risky passes...basically a Trent Edwards offense...

Typ0
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Can you stop licking Losmans balls already? No one cares.

the lickers will live on for a long time...

yordad
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Wins is a team stat people, not a QB stat.
JP > EM > TE. Sorry.

But, if you want me to make a case for JP's win % vs. TE's I can and will.

"Before you say “wins and losses mean everything“, all I can say is let me know when Trent starts returning punts. Or starts on defense. Wins is a team stat. Not a QB stat.

But, while we are on the subject, be objective. Trent played the first game against the Pats. And JP won the game against the Jets. You can’t use the argument “JP got the reps all week for the Pats”, then turn around and say “the Jets game planned for TE all week”. Because the opposite could be said in both cases.

That puts JP at 3-4, and TE at 4-5. What do you think JP’s record projects out to if he were to have started two more games? The same as TE. Again, not that it matters because I don’t think QB was the main problem."

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143374

hydro
01-23-2008, 01:41 PM
JP > EM > TE. Sorry.

Some players prevail even when things are in their favor. JP had all the opportunity to show us something, at the least some consistency, but in the end he couldn't even complete some of the easy passes.

Now I am not saying that TE is our savior at the QB position but from what I have seen from him so far I would rather he be the next player to get a chance here.

yordad
01-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Some players prevail even when things are in their favor. JP had all the opportunity to show us something, at the least some consistency, but in the end he couldn't even complete some of the easy passes.

Now I am not saying that TE is our savior at the QB position but from what I have seen from him so far I would rather he be the next player to get a chance here.Well, I'm pretty sure the link I provided isn't gonna change your mind. But, rather than re-type my thoughts on the matter, I sencerly invite you to read them.

hydro
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure the link I provided isn't gonna change your mind. But, rather than re-type my thoughts on the matter, I sencerly invite you to read them.

You make a good point in that thread but numbers never tell the whole story. Do you have the number balls JP threw over someone head or to their feet? If JP didn't regress this season he wouldn't have lost his job. TE wasn't give the starting job, JP lost the starting job. It is that simple.

yordad
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
You make a good point in that thread but numbers never tell the whole story. Do you have the number balls JP threw over someone head or to their feet? If JP didn't regress this season he wouldn't have lost his job. TE wasn't give the starting job, JP lost the starting job. It is that simple.
"JP’s passer rating on year = 76.9
JP’s passer rating in Jags game that got him benched = 67.81
Trent’s passer rating on the year = 70.4
Trent’s passer rating on the year minus his best game = 64.83

So, if you take out Trent’s one good game verse the worst team in the league, his passer rating in 2.98 points lower then the game that got JP benched. And, if you count it, his passer rating is only 2.59 points higher then the game that got JP benched but still 6.5 points lower then JP’s on the year not taking out any bad games. Complicated?

I‘ll say it another way. Trent’s combined 34.42 quarters (his year minus the one game) QB rating is worst then the 4 quarters that got JP benched. Plus I will add that A-train got the start in Jacksonville. I think that is worth three points right there."

EDS
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
JP > EM > TE. Sorry.

But, if you want me to make a case for JP's win % vs. TE's I can and will.

"Before you say “wins and losses mean everything“, all I can say is let me know when Trent starts returning punts. Or starts on defense. Wins is a team stat. Not a QB stat.

But, while we are on the subject, be objective. Trent played the first game against the Pats. And JP won the game against the Jets. You can’t use the argument “JP got the reps all week for the Pats”, then turn around and say “the Jets game planned for TE all week”. Because the opposite could be said in both cases.

That puts JP at 3-4, and TE at 4-5. What do you think JP’s record projects out to if he were to have started two more games? The same as TE. Again, not that it matters because I don’t think QB was the main problem."

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=143374

So the rookie guided the Bills to the same record as the 4th year veteran with 30+ starts under his belt?

I wonder which performance is less impressive?

Philagape
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM

So, if you take out Trent’s one good game verse the worst team in the league, his passer rating in 2.98 points lower then the game that got JP benched. And, if you count it, his passer rating is only 2.59 points higher then the game that got JP benched but still 6.5 points lower then JP’s on the year not taking out any bad games. Complicated?

I‘ll say it another way. Trent’s combined 34.42 quarters (his year minus the one game) QB rating is worst then the 4 quarters that got JP benched. Plus I will add that A-train got the start in Jacksonville. I think that is worth three points right there."

I assume you know who the highest-rated passer in Bills history is, right?

hydro
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM

So because JP (with 30+ games experience) had a 6 point higher passer rating than a rookie he should still be the starter? I am sorry, but I expected JP to show us enough that there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that he should be the start.

A 6 point higher passer rating just is not where he should have been this past season. If JP earned the right to be the starter he would still be #1 on the depth chart.

yordad
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
So because JP (with 30+ games experience) had a 6 point higher passer rating than a rookie he should still be the starter? I am sorry, but I expected JP to show us enough that there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that he should be the start.

A 6 point higher passer rating just is not where he should have been this past season. If JP earned the right to be the starter he would still be #1 on the depth chart.You start your best QB. Not your second best just because he is 2.5 years younger.

Water downed vodka can have the same alcohol content as beer. What happens when you stop watering it down?

So the rookie guided the Bills to the same record as the 4th year veteran with 30+ starts under his belt?

I wonder which performance is less impressive?Missing the point, I see. WIns is a team stat. The team was average. They have an average record with both QBs. How is that a surprise?

I assume you know who the highest-rated passer in Bills history is, right?I'm gonna go a head and plead the 5th. LOL

If TE will be better some day, I'm all for not assuming it, and starting him when he is. No sooner.

hydro
01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
You start your best QB. Not your second best just because he is 2.5 years younger.

If he was the best QB out there DJ would have kept him as starter.

yordad
01-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Warning: Complicated comparison is about to be made......

I have a drink. It is 50% alcohol (drink A). Taste great for some. And, I have a drink that is 30% alcohol (drink B). Also taste great for some (mostly chicks, or way-too conservative coaches).

Now, in an actual, perfect, non-watered down world, these drinks are worlds apart. Actually, they are 20% worth of alcohol apart. Liquor-lovers (football minded people) know that is a huge difference.

Now, I mix each with 9 parts water, and one part original drink (poor coaching, poor play calling, and poor surrounding talent). Drink A becomes 5% alcohol, and drink B becomes 3% alcohol. Now they aren't "worlds" apart. They are only 2% different. Hard to tell the difference if you only have a drink or two.

Get it?

I believe that is what happened. JP would have been worlds better had he had adequate coaching, adequate surrounding talent, and no watered down flavor. Once better coaching, and more talent is added, if he is no longer in Buffalo to help the team reap the benefits of his 20% stronger, better flavor, then he will be like the worm at the bottom of the tequila glass.

Filled with alcohol, and thrown out, because non-liquor-lovers don't realize the power of the worm.

yordad
01-23-2008, 02:35 PM
If he was the best QB out there DJ would have kept him as starter.Ever heard of a guy named Fred Jackson? Greer? McCargo?

hydro
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Ever heard of a guy named Fred Jackson? Greer? McCargo?

Yeah whats your point?

yordad
01-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah whats your point?They were better than starters but still rode the pine at points during this year. This reduces my blind faith in the coaching staff.

hydro
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
They were better than starters but still rode the pine at points during this year. This reduces my blind faith in the coaching staff.

Fred Jackson was better than Marshawn? Not a chance.

Greer was only on the bench until he showed what he could do and never went back.

McCargo has only showed flashes of great play and doesn't start but still plays a good portion of the games.

yordad
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Fred Jackson was better than Marshawn? Not a chance.

Greer was only on the bench until he showed what he could do and never went back.

McCargo has only showed flashes of great play and doesn't start but still plays a good portion of the games.McCargo has more solo tackles and more sacks then Tripplet in a fraction of the time.

Greer showed those flashes early in preseason. Way more flashes than Webster, Youboty, or Thomas. Yet all three had to be injured before he got a chance.

Who said Jackson was better than Lynch?

hydro
01-23-2008, 03:05 PM
McCargo has more solo tackles and more sacks then Tripplet in a fraction of the time.
This is really a moot point. It's not as if McCargo is just sitting on the sidelines and not getting any playtime. I would like to see how many plays each of them are on the field for.

Greer showed those flashes early in preseason. Way more flashes than Webster, Youboty, or Thomas. Yet all three had to be injured before he got a chance.
TE showed flashes in the preseason too, should he have taken the starting position then?

Who said Jackson was better than Lynch?
Umm... you did.

"They were better than starters but still rode the pine at points during this year."

streetkings01
01-23-2008, 03:14 PM
McCargo has more solo tackles and more sacks then Tripplet in a fraction of the time.

Who said Jackson was better than Lynch?What you also failed to mention is that Greer has had opportunities in the past as the starting nickleback and lost that job 2 times. In 2005 he lost that job to King and in 2006 he lost that job to K. Thomas.

G Wolly
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Eli has a supporting cast to help him which translates to tall recievers who can go up and grab it.

Philagape
01-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm gonna go a head and plead the 5th. LOL

The answer is Rob Johnson. Does that mean he's the best QB in Bills history?

As complicated as you claim your stats arguments are, the reality is even more complicated. It requires more than just doing the math.

yordad
01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
This is really a moot point. It's not as if McCargo is just sitting on the sidelines and not getting any playtime. I would like to see how many plays each of them are on the field for.

It isn't moot. Our backup, who has had less playing time, has better stats. I would like to see how many plays each has had too, but I would bet my house Larry had more snaps. In fact, by a sizeable margain.

TE showed flashes in the preseason too, should he have taken the starting position then?

Did he out perform JP when he played against starters? No.

Umm... you did.

"They were better than starters but still rode the pine at points during this year."

If you recall, A-Train started a game or two. In fact, DJ was asked if his past with A-Train clouded his judgment when he started him over Jackson. It was the first time I ever seen him get snippy as he got really defensive with the reporter. A-train had to get injured too before Jackson got a look.So, as you can see, I never said Jackson was better than Lynch. I said Greer was better than Webster or Youboty. McCargo better than Tripplet. And, I said Jackson was better than A-Train.

yordad
01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
The answer is Rob Johnson. Does that mean he's the best QB in Bills history?

As complicated as you claim your stats arguments are, the reality is even more complicated. It requires more than just doing the math.So... I suppose Rivers and Eli Manning are top four QBs? And, I should point out that Payton Manning looks jittery in the pocket.

Oh, and BTW, who looked more "poised", Johnson or Flutie?

NTM, I never claimed "my stats" were complicated.

yordad
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
What you also failed to mention is that Greer has had opportunities in the past as the starting nickleback and lost that job 2 times. In 2005 he lost that job to King and in 2006 he lost that job to K. Thomas.Well, I failed to mention it because I fail to see the relevance. '06 and '05 are not '07. What are you trying to say anyways? DJ was too stupid to realize Greer was better for over a year?

Do you think King is better then Greer now? And, is King on the Bills? Do you think Thomas is a better #2 CB than Greer now?

Philagape
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
So... I suppose Rivers and Eli Manning are top four QBs? And, I should point out that Payton Manning looks jittery in the pocket.

Oh, and BTW, who looked more "poised", Johnson or Flutie?

NTM, I never claimed "my stats" were complicated.

That's the problem. You reduce the debate to things that are beneath its complexity. As you just did again.

djjimkelly
01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
So now your a prophet?:loser:

didnt i say edwards was gonna flop to end season. thus im the most hated.

most hated becuz i was right.

i wont bore anyone else with all the crap i was right about.

but keep the faith in jauron

YardRat
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Warning: Complicated comparison is about to be made......

I have a drink. It is 50% alcohol (drink A). Taste great for some. And, I have a drink that is 30% alcohol (drink B). Also taste great for some (mostly chicks, or way-too conservative coaches).

Now, in an actual, perfect, non-watered down world, these drinks are worlds apart. Actually, they are 20% worth of alcohol apart. Liquor-lovers (football minded people) know that is a huge difference.

Now, I mix each with 9 parts water, and one part original drink (poor coaching, poor play calling, and poor surrounding talent). Drink A becomes 5% alcohol, and drink B becomes 3% alcohol. Now they aren't "worlds" apart. They are only 2% different. Hard to tell the difference if you only have a drink or two.

Get it?

I believe that is what happened. JP would have been worlds better had he had adequate coaching, adequate surrounding talent, and no watered down flavor. Once better coaching, and more talent is added, if he is no longer in Buffalo to help the team reap the benefits of his 20% stronger, better flavor, then he will be like the worm at the bottom of the tequila glass.

Filled with alcohol, and thrown out, because non-liquor-lovers don't realize the power of the worm.

You left out the container that holds the drink together (also known as 'brains'). JP is a paper bag, Edwards a glass. Maybe the 5% drink has better potential but if the container can't hold the mixture it's just another sloppy mess on the bar top.

If I pay for a drink, I'd much rather have a 3% that can be enjoyed than the 5% that is just a waste of money.

yordad
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM
You left out the container that holds the drink together (also known as 'brains'). JP is a paper bag, Edwards a glass. Maybe the 5% drink has better potential but if the container can't hold the mixture it's just another sloppy mess on the bar top.

If I pay for a drink, I'd much rather have a 3% that can be enjoyed than the 5% that is just a waste of money.Coaching and time my friend. With a nice liner in that bag, it could hold your drink forever. Which is about 12 years in QB terms.

But, I must admit, that was pretty funny.

streetkings01
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Well, I failed to mention it because I fail to see the relevance. '06 and '05 are not '07. What are you trying to say anyways? DJ was too stupid to realize Greer was better for over a year?

Do you think King is better then Greer now? And, is King on the Bills? Do you think Thomas is a better #2 CB than Greer now?It's very relevant because you stated that Greer outplayed Webster, Youboty, etc... but he did the same thing 2 years in a row in preseason and lost his nicklejob 2 years in a row. Greer made a name for himself coming into the week#1 as a players that is a probowler from June to Aug but a backup from Sept - Dec. So basically dont act like the coaching staff never had a body of work to work with when evaluating Greer, he just finally stepped his game up when he had to unlike he has in the past.

yordad
01-25-2008, 04:38 PM
It's very relevant because you stated that Greer outplayed Webster, Youboty, etc... but he did the same thing 2 years in a row in preseason and lost his nicklejob 2 years in a row. Greer made a name for himself coming into the week#1 as a players that is a probowler from June to Aug but a backup from Sept - Dec. So basically dont act like the coaching staff never had a body of work to work with when evaluating Greer, he just finally stepped his game up when he had to unlike he has in the past.So...... you advocate coaches evaluate talent based on reputation?

streetkings01
01-25-2008, 05:16 PM
So...... you advocate coaches evaluate talent based on reputation?No, but I advocate coaches evaluating talent and and making a decision when it's in regular season games not preseason! If you have a guy that had a great preseason and horrible regular season, are you advocating that we keep the guy in because he played so well in the preseason?

streetkings01
01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
didnt i say edwards was gonna flop to end season. thus im the most hated.

most hated becuz i was right.

i wont bore anyone else with all the crap i was right about.

but keep the faith in jauronI take it since your a prophet, you foresaw Losman flopping in Buffalo, but still you were surprised it didn't work out with him?

yordad
01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
No, but I advocate coaches evaluating talent and and making a decision when it's in regular season games not preseason! If you have a guy that had a great preseason and horrible regular season, are you advocating that we keep the guy in because he played so well in the preseason?I'm advocating we play the guy that performed the best that year. Every year. Every game.

Dude, who is in your avatar?

Mr. Pink
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm advocating we play the guy that performed the best that year. Every year. Every game.

Dude, who is in your avatar?

And by watching the game's you can say who was best between Edwards and Losman?

They looked equally crappy and ineffective to me.

Hence you start the guy that can still grow, mature, improve over the guy that has hit his peak.