PDA

View Full Version : Farve needed CPR last night

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 06:44 AM
He totally choked. :candle:

BlackMetalNinja
01-21-2008, 07:00 AM

Yeah, him, and the entire running game of the Packers too. He doesn't get all the blame for this one in my book.

Jan Reimers
01-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I think age and the cold weather got to him. He couldn't get the ball anywhere near his receivers in the 2nd half.

Despite a good season, I really believe it's time for him to retire.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Yeah, him, and the entire running game of the Packers too. He doesn't get all the blame for this one in my book.

He looked like he did over the past few seasons, throwing ill advised passes. The Giants defender that picked the OT ball said it felt like an enternity for that ball to get to him. Time for Farve to go out to pasture.

mybills
01-21-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't blame Favre or the weather. The Giants simply have a better defense. GB could not cover Plaxico & company, so how are they supposed to cover Moss & company? The Giants are the right team to go up against NE. Eli played well for the 3rd important week in a row, and even if you don't like him, he's out to avenge his brother by kicking some Patriot ass! Manning = competitive. :up:

tampabay25690
01-21-2008, 07:27 AM

I dont think so at all. That's what happens when you play a better team. Im glad I had NY on the $$$$ LINE....

Ever since the Buffalo game NY has played some good Ball and ELI has definitely stepped up...

tampabay25690
01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
I think age and the cold weather got to him. He couldn't get the ball anywhere near his receivers in the 2nd half.

Despite a good season, I really believe it's time for him to retire.

COME ON!!!!!!!!!

This guy is still a Top 5 QB in this league if Green Bay wants to keep winning he has to be the QB. I think the 08-09 season will probably be it for him.....

BUT the weather had nothing to do with it or his age.......THEY WERE beat by a better team........WHY have excuses...

FlyingDutchman
01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Dont you mean he needed the hiemlich? CPR is needed when youre unconcious and not breathing. And Brett sucks right? His entire career should be judged on last nights game.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 07:39 AM
I dont think so at all. That's what happens when you play a better team. Im glad I had NY on the $$$$ LINE....

Ever since the Buffalo game NY has played some good Ball and ELI has definitely stepped up...

Sucker bet, lol.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Dont you mean he needed the hiemlich? CPR is needed when youre unconcious and not breathing. And Brett sucks right? His entire career should be judged on last nights game.

If everything around him is just right, he can win it. Stars need to align, planets need to rotate and then he can play well. After watching him playing against chicago while the Bills played the Giants, I can safely say this is the Farve that I am used to seeing.

P.S. Was he really breathing last night?

mybills
01-21-2008, 07:52 AM
You need to have some kind of a running game to help out..what did Grant have, one good 13 yd run the whole game? You can't put it all on Brett, or any QB, and as a Bills fan you should know that. Remember back when our run game was non existent even with Lynch..because our line couldn't open holes for him? I feel bad for Favre's loss, but it's not his fault. His line should've helped him out more, especially since they were up against a good defense.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 11:45 AM
You need to have some kind of a running game to help out..what did Grant have, one good 13 yd run the whole game? You can't put it all on Brett, or any QB, and as a Bills fan you should know that. Remember back when our run game was non existent even with Lynch..because our line couldn't open holes for him? I feel bad for Favre's loss, but it's not his fault. His line should've helped him out more, especially since they were up against a good defense.

MB, Brett handed the Giants the ball in OT. He did the same thing VS the bears during the season and for pretty much all of 2005 / 2006 seasons. He just collapses mentally at the worst possible time, conference finals OT as an example. If Brett just didn't throw that INT we probably would be seeing GB in the Superbowl but he choked and took their whole season away with one throw.

The Bills had a few chances at being .500 or better this season and at the worst possible time had collapses but that was spread out of the whole team. This choke was very specific and witnessed by alot of people. You cannot hide from the truth of how big a mistake that was, turnovers in OT are death sentences. Please remember that the Pack also had the wind behind them as well during the OT so if they had to punt it, it would go that much farther. Statistically speaking, the winner of the OT coin toss wins a majority of the time as well especially if your at home. GB handed away a golden opportunity and Farve stabbed the team in the heart with a hurry up pass to nothing. The clock is not a factor in Playoff OT, no hurry necessary.

mybills
01-21-2008, 11:49 AM
There never would've been an OT had the kicker made the FG.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2008, 12:09 PM
COME ON!!!!!!!!!

This guy is still a Top 5 QB in this league if Green Bay wants to keep winning he has to be the QB. I think the 08-09 season will probably be it for him.....

BUT the weather had nothing to do with it or his age.......THEY WERE beat by a better team........WHY have excuses...

Farve was the MVP of the NFL this year, not Brady.

Goobylal
01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Brady threw 3 INT's yesterday. The difference was that his RB could run and his defense didn't allow the Chargers into the endzone despite 3 trips inside the 10 yard line.

And the Giants have a BETTER pass rush than the Chargers do, not to mention they can wear you down with Jacobs and then hit you with that rookie.

imbondz
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
for some reason the Packers completely abandoned the run, that's why they lost. I thought they were getting good yardage on the ground, but then they just stopped.

tampabay25690
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Sucker bet, lol.

Made some good $$$$

tampabay25690
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Farve was the MVP of the NFL this year, not Brady.

He had a bad game last nite......

DynaPaul
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I was shocked. Didn't think the Giants could pull it out but they did.

Ebenezer
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
I'll take Favre over JP.

Mitchy moo
01-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I'll take Favre over JP.

Hopefully another team feels differently about JP.

losman420
01-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I'll take Favre over JP.I would take favre over alot of qb's

tampabay25690
01-22-2008, 07:51 AM
I would take favre over alot of qb's

Yea but some say he is to old and can't play in the COLD!!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100%%, there is probably 2 QB's that I feel are better