PDA

View Full Version : What about Ron Dayne?

ublinkwescore
04-05-2003, 01:39 PM
ESPN has reported that with the Giants acquiring Dorsey Levens, Ron Dayne could be on his way out - I find Ron Dayne more appealing then Olandis Gary for a backup to Travis Henry - what about you guys?

Brian H
04-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Sorry I dont play running back......

Tatonka
04-05-2003, 01:44 PM
i wonder why we didnt look at levens...

Stewie
04-05-2003, 01:51 PM
My guess is we didn't look at Levens because we don't want a pass catching type back to back up Henry. Maybe we're looking for a tough runner, and maybe Dayne just needs a change of scenery. I'd say bring him in for a looksee...

Brian H
04-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Were actually looking more at youth than experience and Levens is getting up there in age......

ublinkwescore
04-05-2003, 02:07 PM
I'd take Dayne over Gary any day - Dayne can pound the ball a la Travis Henry, and Gary just had to run behind a perrenially good O line.

My only concern would be - would Dayne be a locker room cancer - and I think he very well could be.

Brian H
04-05-2003, 02:09 PM
I think he was just unhappy due to playing time thats all .Henry would be more than happy to give him the ball more than he got in NY......

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2003, 03:12 PM
You guys would be surprised about Dayne. Just because he is big doesn't mean he is a tough runner. He seems to go down with the first hit every time and rarely breaks tackles.

Tatonka
04-05-2003, 03:31 PM
dayne is ANYTHING but a tough runner.. he WAS a tough runner in college.. he is a pussy in the pro's...

again.. i hate the "locker room cancer" / "attitude problem" reference.. every player in the nfl *****es.. they are all rich whiners the majority of the time when things dont go their way..

moulds has done it... henry did it from time to time last year..

no nfl player is a perfect person..

dayne got pissed about playing time.. they took him in the first round and he never really got his shot to start.. but at the same time.. he cant outperform tiki.. so who's fault is it really?

simpletask400
04-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Dayne is a scrub!

Do you watch football? Dayne is an underachiever who hasn't even averaged 4 yds a carry in any of his NFL seasons.

Can anyone say Ki-Jana Carter?

Bottom line, Dayne is a scrub.

Gare would be much better, and he's not a whiner like Dayne.

simpletask400
04-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Gary not Gare.

Earthquake Enyart
04-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I agree. Gary is faster, catches better and runs harder than Dayne.

Dayne runs like Rashan Salaam, straight up giveing D's a chance to really hammer him.

Brian H
04-05-2003, 03:49 PM
WOW I didnt know EE had some football talk in him ! :bf1:

HenryRules
04-05-2003, 03:56 PM
I'd prefer Gary, but if we end up missing out on him, I wouldn't mind having Dayne at all. He's definitely not starting-calibre, but I'd feel more confident in our RB depth if we had him back there.

ublinkwescore
04-05-2003, 07:34 PM
I guess I haven't seen Dayne lately then.

I remember seeing him be pretty damn physical in his rookie year, I guess all the bumps and bruises must have got in his head.

Nevermind - I guess Gary would be better after all if it's true what you guys are saying.

4thAndLong
04-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

again.. i hate the "locker room cancer" / "attitude problem" reference.. every player in the nfl *****es.. they are all rich whiners the majority of the time when things dont go their way..

LeRoy Butler?

4thAndLong
04-05-2003, 08:51 PM

Everyone is, but its who says this publically...Saying the wrong things to the wrong person. Keep your business to yourself and tolerate whatever is around you...Unless you wanna come to Buffalo. ;)

TedMock
04-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Dayne's been in the doghouse in NY because he doesn't run hard at all considering his size. He goes down easily and kept getting stuffed on short yardage plays. That's why "thunder and lightning" didn't make it through an entire season. Tiki Barber is 50 lbs. lighter and runs much harder plus he's quick and can catch which is why he was the full time starter last season.

Tatonka
04-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong

Everyone is, but its who says this publically...Saying the wrong things to the wrong person. Keep your business to yourself and tolerate whatever is around you...Unless you wanna come to Buffalo. ;)

moulds and henry have both stated publicly their displeasure with catches/rushing attempts... moulds even cried about maybe going to play basketball..

i guess they are locker room cancers.. with attitude problems, no less.

WG
04-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Dayne has a 3.5 career avg. He's not good.

Gary, injury issues, but the best of the three.

Levens, washed up and injury issues.

Gary or rookie.

Thailog80
04-06-2003, 07:49 AM
Please not this fat,lazy underachieving sloth. He cant hit a hole, he doesnt have a burst. He's dumb and oh yeah hey sucks too.

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Dayne has a 3.5 career avg. He's not good.

Gary, injury issues, but the best of the three.

Levens, washed up and injury issues.

Gary or rookie.
BINGO. Totally agreed. :up:

4thAndLong
04-06-2003, 09:36 AM

moulds and henry have both stated publicly their displeasure with catches/rushing attempts... moulds even cried about maybe going to play basketball..

i guess they are locker room cancers.. with attitude problems, no less.

Everyone complaines T, but there are ways to make up for it, and Moulds has done that. There have also been some real class acts in the NFL.

ublinkwescore
04-06-2003, 10:20 AM
I kinda thought that this thread would die by now, but if you guys want to keep giving me ZBs, go ahead, and keep posting on here.

And Phil, no, I'm not greedy with the ZBs - all I ever use them for is to change people's titles - like when I changed yours to Jills Stalker.

The_Philster
04-06-2003, 10:37 AM
You're just jealous cause I'm in good with them. ;)

Tatonka
04-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong

Everyone complaines T, but there are ways to make up for it, and Moulds has done that. There have also been some real class acts in the NFL.

yeah.. making up for it is scoring, right?.. if he turns out to be a good player, and is productive on the field.. then no one talks about his attitude.. or it is ok.. ie owens and moss..

what exactly have henry and moulds done to "make up for it"?, sleep with highschoolers? :D

ublinkwescore
04-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
You're just jealous cause I'm in good with them. ;)

I would only be jealous if you got to play grabass with them my friend.

The_Philster
04-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Sometimes it's cool just to hang with them..not all guys are the type to do as you suggest, ublink. I've always been a gentleman...and that's why the Jills like me...I treat them with respect ;)

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Dayne is a bum. What a wasted pick.

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Sometimes it's cool just to hang with them..not all guys are the type to do as you suggest, ublink. I've always been a gentleman...and that's why the Jills like me...I treat them with respect ;)

Take me to go meet them. I'll be a gentlemen too :snicker:

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-06-2003, 02:50 PM
How much money can we raise to get Phil to talk the Jills into dancing at the draft party? :snicker:

The_Philster
04-06-2003, 02:51 PM
:lol: I think my rep would be destroyed...although you could have come up to Buffalo last night. ;)

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-06-2003, 03:04 PM
I'll throw in $100.

Tatonka
04-06-2003, 05:45 PM
i will throw in 1000 zone bucks :snicker:

TigerJ
04-06-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm not suggesting that the Bills should pursue Dayne. If I were advising Dayne, I'd tell him to lose 20+ lbs. to add to his quickness. He's just carrying way too much weight to be effective.

mikemac2001
04-06-2003, 11:26 PM
Ok did u forget with do have sammy morris this guy isnt a bad running back he had some solid games when he had **** around him. he can be a backup.

Tatonka
04-07-2003, 12:20 AM
i am not completely uncomfortable with morris either.. but he is a converted fb.. he did play well in spot duty a couple seasons ago..

he does seem to get dinged alot.. not like missing games.. but the guy who is always on the field getting helped off.. then back for the next week..

i am indifferent about morris..

HenryRules
04-07-2003, 06:23 AM
i like sammy morris, but i think the coaches showed last year they have no confidence in him. If they had any confidence in him, they would have given him more than the 5 carries or so he got all last season as the primary backup. It doesn't matter how good a guy is, if the coaches don't want to give him the ball, we need someone else.

Cntrygal
04-07-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Vetteman84
Please not this fat,lazy underachieving sloth. He cant hit a hole, he doesnt have a burst. He's dumb and oh yeah hey sucks too.

Welcome to the Zone Vetteman. :)