PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Miller and Brian Campbell with a taste of Golisano and Quinn

solomon100
01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Ryan Miller and Brian Campbell with a taste of Golisano and Quinn
Michael Blum from Williamsville -Ryan Miller says all of the right things and seems to be a genuinely nice guy. But Sabres fans have to face the facts......Ryan is an average goaltender and by no means is he a franchise goaltender. Yes, the team is struggling but he always gives up a soft goal even if he makes a couple of great saves. If you want to see a franchise goaltender you have to watch brodeur or kiprisoff of calgary. y Calgary's goaltending during the playoffs has been sensational in the past even when their offense was terrible. Another "Franchise" goaltender is Luongo from Vancouver. Luongo's play has been surreal.
Last year we all wondered why Dipietro was picked over Miller for the U.S. Team and now we know why.. Dipietro is the better goaltender!!!!!!!!!!!
Now onto Brian Campbell. Anyone who thinks we should trade this guy or not sign him has rocks in their head. Watch a game and listen to how many times Campbell is handling the puck. Campbell moves the puck well, almost always recovers a misplayed puck and sometime throws in a vicious hit. For some reason, the Sabres organization does not want to pay this guy market value, probably because the way guys like Vanek(Thomas Panic) and Connely have crapped the bed after getting their "guaranteed contracts".
Moving on, everyone needs to stop blaming Regier for the loss of Drury and Briere and the Campbell situation. The real problem is Golisano and Quinn. Golisano with his "I think I'm Great" advisor Larry Quinn are the reasons for the Sabres contract issues. Golisano did not want to pay them and still doesn't and Quinn like a good old lap dog tells him he is right.. Quinn's ego is so big that he thinks he owns Western New York. He is the same sophmoreic "genius" who embarrassed the "Tiny Tot of the kilowatt" Art Wander by pulling of the of his hairpiece in HSBC Arena. Nice move Quinn... Picking on a short little old guy like some punk picking on the weakest guy in high school. Also, nice move with trying to make back door deals to look like a big shot with the Bass Pro deal. Quinn, do us all a favor. get out of town, stop pretending you are a savior in WNY. We don't need you, the Sabres certainly don't and Tom Golisano can actually tell us himself that he does not want to pony up anymore money, because after all he brought the Sabres at 25% of their market value because it was a good investment and gave him a tax writeoff and a chance to stroke his ego when the team was winning.
If I am wrong about any of this concerning Golisano, then someone tell me why he has been invisible during all of this turmoil surrounding the Sabres and the heat Regier has been taking. Simply put he is using Regier to do his dirty work. Wrapping this up... Quinn the next time you want to put your hands on somebody other than to compliment them with a pat on the back or hand shake, think about it your not much of a man and someday you will be old too............

bigbub2352
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I think everyone agrees with you out there, the problem is does Campbell want to be here? i dont want us to lose him either, and i agree with u about Miller, but i dont dont think he is the problem, he is a dependable goalie who is strugglin in his young career, but who on this team isnt
Reiger is partially to blame cause he does not do well in contract negotiations, whether it is Quinn who i think is the major problem and has been under other management as well, or Golisano who could care less about this team, we dont make any moves, not even minor ones, look what signing Pratt did, he gives u a guy who plays hard every night, and fights, hits and plays his end, but then he gets sit cause Kahlinin came back, man that is bad

we got to let go of the guyz that dont do **** but cash the checks
Ryan
Peters
Connolly
Kahlinin
Paetsch
Max
Kotalik
are very frustrating to watch this year, and i have no idea why we let guys like
dumont
Warrener
McKee
Greir
Drury
Briere
Janik
Thorburn
Zubrus
go and we sign guyz back like Teppo etc.
Sad in my opnion and it will not change until Quinn is gone and maybe Darcy

BlackMetalNinja
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Miller is surely not an elite goaltender like Kiprusoff, Luongo, or Brodeur... but it's not like there is a whole line of guys like that out there waiting to be snagged. He is certainly above average in this league, and I don't think you'd find too many people that would put him outside of the top 10 in the league.

This is just another example of Buffalo fans constantly thinking there is just a line of elite athletes chomping at the bit to come to Buffalo and play and not realizing what they have is still better than most.