X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

I'm going to start a dumb thread

Do you think the FO's of the Bills and the Sabres talk?

Ralph: Tom, hey great job the last 2 years, we need to fill the stands and those pesky fans are complaining about the personnel, I'm going to have to spend some bucks, so if you could hold off taking the next step, I'll be able to sell some more season tickets.

Tom: No problem Ralph, I'll stop putting money into the team for 2-3 years, but after that, I'll expect the same from you. These hockey fans are going to become a nuisance for me as well.

Ralph: Thanks Tom, here's a check for you and Rudy. Oh by the way, give my thanks to Larry as well

Tom: No problem Ralph, you know Rudy and I are here for you.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm going to start a dumb thread

I believe it
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I can't remember exactly what Bob Rich was refering to, he was asked a question a few years ago about the Bisons and "Rich" Stadium. I believe it was to make the Park big enough for a pro Baseball team. His reply to the question and most assuredly to the people of Buffalo was, would you rather have a Pro Baseball team or a SuperBowl Championship? Well neither has happened, but I have no doubt its the economics of it all. So the thread may not be as dumb as I thought.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Bob Rich was smart enough to realize that this region has enough trouble supporting two major league franchises and a third would just hurt everybody even more.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
          Bob Rich was smart enough to realize that this region has enough trouble supporting two major league franchises and a third would just hurt everybody even more.
          I don't disagree with him. That's why the Bisons and the Bandits need to be sold and moved and the money poured into the Bills and Sabres. Think he'll go for it?

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

it'll be a race to see which team finishes with a lower winning percentage
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
              I don't disagree with him. That's why the Bisons and the Bandits need to be sold and moved and the money poured into the Bills and Sabres. Think he'll go for it?
              That would actually be a great idea and maybe the Buffalo fans will realize what they have with the two teams if they lose both minor league teams.

Comment

Working...
              X