PDA

View Full Version : Plexico Burress

The King
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
any doubts that this guy has arrived!?

What a show he put on, on Sunday. The guy has definitely emerged as a top WR in this league. At this point I would say he is playing at a higher level then Smith, and Johnson. His size is obviously a plus, but his focus seems to be spot on... the guy just locks onto the ball and never looks back.

To think him and Hines Ward used to split the field.

RockStar36
01-22-2008, 10:57 AM
I used to always rip on him but he really showed himself this past Sunday. I would definitely say he is above 85 and 89 at this point.

The King
01-22-2008, 11:01 AM
I used to always rip on him but he really showed himself this past Sunday. I would definitely say he is above 85 and 89 at this point.

The kicker is he apparently is still hurt! He made Harris look stupid all day. And NE doesnt have a shutdown corner like Harris. Samuel is a ball hawk but doesnt match up well when fighting for the ball against Plex. Sure he can beat out Chambers.... but theres a big difference

BlackMetalNinja
01-22-2008, 11:02 AM
He'll always be Plexiglass to me!

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Arrived? He has been good for years. He is getting old at this point.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 11:07 AM
He will be 31 in August.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Suspect hands, poor route running, marginal speed and he's emerged?

The only thing this guy has height...and the ability to use that height to his advantage.

See Keyshawn Johnson with less ability.

RockStar36
01-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Normally I'd agree with you guys but he was huge this past weekend. Not only was he hurt but he was a serious force. I think the Giants would have lost if it wasn't for what he brought to the table.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 11:12 AM
He was great sunday without a doubt.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-22-2008, 11:26 AM
I have to agree, he was awesome on Sunday. Was it Al Harris trying to intimidate him and Burress just beat him and Woodson all day. I also liked the comment that he was saying to the Packers bench that Harris couldn't cover him, and he showed them that he couldn't.

Dont drink the water
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
If that game was the Superbowl then Burress would have deserved the MVP award.

mybills
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM

The only thing this guy has height...and the ability to use that height to his advantage.

:coocoo:

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 12:37 PM
:coocoo:
Well he is 100% correct though.

Mahdi
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM

You gotta be kidding...

How about great hands, great body control, smoothe route runner for his size. WRs that are 6'5 generally wont run routes like the shorter guys who are lower to the ground and cut quicker, but Plax still runs good routes despite his size.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
You gotta be kidding...

How about great hands, great body control, smoothe route runner for his size. WRs that are 6'5 generally wont run routes like the shorter guys who are lower to the ground and cut quicker, but Plax still runs good routes despite his size.
He is a poor mans Keyshawn without question.

mybills
01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Well he is 100% correct though.
"The only thing this guy has height...and the ability to use that height to his advantage."
100% wrong. He has a hell of a lot more than that. Did you know that he doesn't even practice with Eli except for the few minutes before each game? It's more than height, Corey. It's called experience. btw, 30 isn't old..ask Jerry Rice.

Mahdi
01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
He is a poor mans Keyshawn without question.
Plax is a much better receiver than Keyshawn ever was. Plax is faster, taller and is just all around a better athlete.

Mr. Pink
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
:rofl:

He has exceptional hands? The dude has some of the biggest drops I've ever seen. See the drop he had nearing the end of the half of the Packers game down around the 10 yard line. And even if he did in fact catch it and it was called a catch and fumble on the field, he made ZERO effort to recover the ball.

Or a few years back when he was with Pittsburgh, he thought he was down..he wasn't...and spiked the ball. The 49ers I believe is the opponent and they picked up the fumble.

Point is he's not always mentally in the game, even when the play is his way.

He hardly makes clean catches on any pass thrown to him. Tends to bobble the ball a lot.

And where is this speed? He doesn't burn anyone. Never has.

Even though the Bills have no tall receivers, I'd still want nothing to do with this overpaid, overhyped, outright average player.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
:rofl:

He has exceptional hands? The dude has some of the biggest drops I've ever seen. See the drop he had nearing the end of the half of the Packers game down around the 10 yard line. And even if he did in fact catch it and it was called a catch and fumble on the field, he made ZERO effort to recover the ball.

Or a few years back when he was with Pittsburgh, he thought he was down..he wasn't...and spiked the ball. The 49ers I believe is the opponent and they picked up the fumble.

Point is he's not always mentally in the game, even when the play is his way.

He hardly makes clean catches on any pass thrown to him. Tends to bobble the ball a lot.

And where is this speed? He doesn't burn anyone. Never has.

Even though the Bills have no tall receivers, I'd still want nothing to do with this overpaid, overhyped, outright average player.
Exactly.

THATHURMANATOR
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Plax is a much better receiver than Keyshawn ever was. Plax is faster, taller and is just all around a better athlete.
I dont agree.

Slim
01-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I would take him in a Bill's uni in a second. I think he's the real deal.