X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Cowboys may look to move Carpenter

The Dallas Morning News relays a rumor that the Cowboys are shopping DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter in trade talks.
    Spears is a solid defensive end, but has never lived up to his first-round draft position. The Cowboys could move Jay Ratliff outside to take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson rotating inside. Carpenter, another first-round pick, just isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense. He'd be a nice addition for 4-3 team looking to add depth at OLB.
    He would fit our defense well.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Cowboys may look to move Carpenter

I like B-Carp.... I bet he would bring in a 2nd or 3rd though...
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

I'd give up one of our thirds, but i doubt it would be enough.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by slimschmittie
        I'd give up one of our thirds, but i doubt it would be enough.
        Rumor has it that it will require a third and another second day pick.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Rumor has it that it will require a third and another second day pick.
          I'd be willing to consider that. The third is fair and a late round pick is a real crapshoot anyways. I'd rather take the chance on bringing in an NFL LB anyways than a possible project who hasn't seen an NFL field yet.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
            I'd be willing to consider that. The third is fair and a late round pick is a real crapshoot anyways. I'd rather take the chance on bringing in an NFL LB anyways than a possible project who hasn't seen an NFL field yet.
            Yeah, I agree.

But keep in mind this is all just rumor, don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't come true.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

If a 3rd and another ladder pick land him thats kick ass for us...

Carpenter is only 24 with great size... He played with Youboty in college maybe that will bring out some influence.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard

Carpenter is only 24 with great size... He played with Youboty in college maybe that will bring out some influence.
                I liked him a lot in college. I thought he looked faster than Hawk.

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard

.. And Whitner.

Comment

Working...
                  X