PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pasqualoni....

Saratoga Slim
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Schein and Wilcots just said they expect Paul Pasqualoni to be named the new defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins. Anybody else hear this???

Holy ####!

Jeff1220
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I saw that on one of the national media websites. Good for him (sucks I have to hate him now though). Right about now, 'Cuse is dreaming about the PP years. Robinson might possibly be the worst coach in Big East football history!

don137
01-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Pasqualoni brought took Cuse from a well respected team under McPherson and turned them into crap over time. Robinson made them worse.

Bulldog
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Pasqualoni brought took Cuse from a well respected team under McPherson and turned them into crap over time. Robinson made them worse.

Couldn't have said it any better. But I think Robinson is a better recruiter than Pasqualoni. But if Robinson doesn't produce this year, he's done! Back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised to see P named the defensive coordinator of the Fins. I think he failed at Syracuse because he couldn't recruit, not because he's not a good coach. I for one think he would do well in that role and it must mean something if Bill Parcells thinks he a viable candidate for this position.

B-DON
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
the miami mafia featuring

the big Tuna
tony soprano
the whiz kid ireland
pauly pasqualoni

whats with the mob ties?

Mudflap1
01-22-2008, 06:47 PM
"The Don" of Miami, Don Shula...

Jon

Goobylal
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Paul Paqsbaloni? Hah!

TigerJ
01-23-2008, 08:00 AM
Pasqualoni brought took Cuse from a well respected team under McPherson and turned them into crap over time. Robinson made them worse.Boy, ain't that the truth! I suppose he was an OK DC under MacPherson though.

mybills
01-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Who cares?

Jeff1220
01-23-2008, 10:18 AM
He did a pretty good job of recruiting for a while:
D. McNabb
M. Harrison
D. Freeney
K.Bullock
R.Conrad
J. Mungro
Adam Terry
Will Allen
Tebucky Jones
Kevin Johnson

...to name just a few

Voltron
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Who cares?
People from the Syracuse area.

Damn New Englanders ... :shakeno:

mush69
01-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Couldn't have said it any better. But I think Robinson is a better recruiter than Pasqualoni. But if Robinson doesn't produce this year, he's done! Back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised to see P named the defensive coordinator of the Fins. I think he failed at Syracuse because he couldn't recruit, not because he's not a good coach. I for one think he would do well in that role and it must mean something if Bill Parcells thinks he a viable candidate for this position.

Robinson is just getting his recuits to the field. He has had to do with Suqabolonies last recuits over the couple of years. I never like Suqaboloni so now that he is with the Fins I can hate him even more!

:cheers:

Voltron
01-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Coach Mac was a very close friend of my Uncles. My Uncle John was the pastor of St. Teressa's and Coach was one of the most involved people in the parish. I got to be a ball boy for a few games when I was like 11 or 12. Very cool :up:

mybills
01-23-2008, 10:36 AM
People from the Syracuse area.

Damn New Englanders ... :shakeno:
I meant this part. :;
to be named the new defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins.

Coach Sal
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Pasqualoni brought took Cuse from a well respected team under McPherson and turned them into crap over time.
I disagree.

Coach Mac had a .586 wining percentage and took us to 5 bowl games over 10 seasons, which is pretty good.

But Coach P came in, had a .644 wining percentage, and took us to 9 bowl games over 14 seasons.

He kept the program running just fine. I won't say he did better, because he had some easier schedules due to the Big East starting play......but he did not make the program "crap" by any stretch.

Coach P also produced some highly drafted players that helped keep the program viable for recruits. Here's a list of guys drafted just in the 1st or 2nd round under Pasqualoni:

Qadry Ismail
Kevin Mitchell
Marvin Harrison
Kevin Abrams
Donovin Darius
Tebucky Jones
Rob Konrad
Kevin Johnson
Donovan McNabb
Keith Bulluck
Will Allen
Dwight Freeney

This doesn't even count the players drafted after round 2.

I know his last few years weren't something to be proud of, and the final game (Champs Bowl) was an embarrassment, but my point is, Pasqualoni did more than a a fine job during his tenure in both wins and losses and in helping players get to the next level, which is great for any program.

Robinson made them worse.

THAT, I completely agree with. I'm embarrassed to be an alumn right now. I wasn't even against getting rid of "P" when we did, because I thought Gross had a plan to really try and take the next step with the program. Turns out, the only plan he had was to justify his own job by firing the head coach.

Voltron
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Coach P was in a bad situation. Coach Mac was an icon at Syracuse and they were very big shoes to fill. Coach P was handed a MUCH better team than Robinson was handed. I think Robinson should get at least 2 more years to get his players into the system.

Jeff1220
01-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Robinson is just plain bad. Despite the level of his talent, he makes horrible decisions. I'm not kidding when I say he might be the worst coach ever in the Big East. I hope next season proves me wrong.

don137
01-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I disagree.

Coach Mac had a .586 wining percentage and took us to 5 bowl games over 10 seasons, which is pretty good.

But Coach P came in, had a .644 wining percentage, and took us to 9 bowl games over 14 seasons.
Mac started bad and turned them into respectability. Coach P inherited a very good program and led them to a slow demise.
He went 68-25-1 in his first 94 games and 39-34 in his last 73 games.

I do not disagree that he had some good talent along the way.

G. Host
01-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Schein and Wilcots just said they expect Paul Pasqualoni to be named the new defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins. Anybody else hear this???

Holy ####!

Yes.

The Miami Dolphins beefed up their coaching staff on Wednesday, hiring Paul Pasqualoni as defensive coordinator and four others to various posts.

The club also named Todd Bowles as assistant head coach/secondary, Kacy Rodgers as defensive line coach, Jim Reid as linebackers coach and David Corrao as defensive quality control coach.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4125133.htm

Was that a rhetorical question?

Jan Reimers
01-24-2008, 04:54 AM
People from the Syracuse area
Or people like me who went to school there. I had season tickets for a good part of the Pasqualoni years, and was all for letting him go. He managed to lose 3 or 4 games a year with McNabb, got blown out in major bowls, and never had the team consistently motivated.

Now, with Robinson, I look back longingly at his tenure as the "good old days."

Voltron
01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Or people like me who went to school there. I had season tickets for a good part of the Pasqualoni years, and was all for letting him go. He managed to lose 3 or 4 games a year with McNabb, got blown out in major bowls, and never had the team consistently motivated.

Well for 4 years you were from Syracuse :D

Jeff1220
01-24-2008, 11:59 AM

Well said!