PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of all this negativity.

xXSpIkes5IXx
01-23-2008, 03:37 PM
7-9 teams are generally not too far from the playoffs, so i really dont understand the logic that we need to make dirastic moves.

To make our team a legit playoff team, i think we need 4 players.

A run stuffing defensive tackle

Another quality linebacker

Another quality cornerback

One more threat in the passing game, whether it is a reciever or a tight end.

The building blocks are there. We have a stud running a back, a legit #1 wide reciever, a probowl left tackle. 2 quality defensive starters returning from injury in Simpson and Poz. The only thing that is holding us back is the thing that has been holding us back for the last decade.

INCONSISTANT QUARTERBACK PLAY.

Since the day Jim Kelly walked into the sunset, we have not had a true quarterback, except for maybe Flutie. In the 8 year playoff drought, Johnson, Bledsoe, and Losman all were terribly inconsistant, we need stability at the position. If Trent Edwards can become that Quarterback we WILL be a playoff team, mark my words.

If we make quality moves in the offseason (always a question mark), we have an easier schedule next year playoffs can be a reality in '08. I think that is why Schonert was promoted, to keep continuity, rather than having to learn a whole new offense with a second year Quarterback at the helm.

HHURRICANE
01-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Did you watch the playoffs?

We are not 4 players away.

It's funny but everybody kept saying we needed one more DT to compliment Tripplett. We got him, he played well, and we still sucked. Now, we just need one more and we'll be great. That's ridculous logic.

CB is the least of our problems. When you don't get to the QB, and you play Brady twice a year, you might want to actually get some DEs that can get to the QB. How good would are secondary play be had our sack total been double?

One more reciever to compliment Parrish, Reed, and ????

We are 10 players away, not 4.

xXSpIkes5IXx
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Tripplett sucks, he should be on the bench next season, John McCargo should be the one starting.

Secondly, Brady's Pats this season are one of the best teams ever, no one has beaten them. Saying we need to add the players to beat them is like saying we need to become the best team in history....

We do have the 2nd best pass rushing defensive end in Bills history on our squad, granted he did have an off year, and with our banged up secondary, we couldnt really afford to blitz the linebackers as much cause they were needed in coverage. Digiorgio and Ellison are solid depth players, they shouldnt be starting, theres a huge problem with the pass rush right there.

You are just off base the freaking Miami Dolphins are 10 players away, from sniffing the playoffs, not us.

gr8slayer
01-23-2008, 04:03 PM
You don't understand it? I don't understand how any team goes as long as we have with out a Super Bowl win or even a play-off birth.

We as fans have plenty to be pissed off about.

Buffatexas
01-23-2008, 04:38 PM
You don't understand it? I don't understand how any team goes as long as we have with out a Super Bowl win or even a play-off birth.

We as fans have plenty to be pissed off about.

I dont think you can factor a SB win or even an appearance in this conversation.
Yeah, we have a right to be ticked about not getting into the playoffs, but when you talk SB, you have teams that have never even been there let alone with in the past 20 years.

Arizona, Cincinnatti, Detroit, Cleveland, KC, Carolina, Jax, and the list goes on...

i agree about the playoff berth thing thougn, been way too long and there should be no more excuses.

yordad
01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
I think this team could make the playoff with very few offseason moves. Health and adaquate coaching should be enough. Additions and a solid draft could make us real contenders, not just wild card round losers though.

We are close. We are building. We are moving in the right direction, IMO.

Mitchy moo
01-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I think this team could make the playoff with very few offseason moves. Health and adaquate coaching should be enough. Additions and a solid draft could make us real contenders, not just wild card round losers though.

We are close. We are building. We are moving in the right direction, IMO.

We get 15 guys on IR, are nearly .500 and we are far away?? We need to massage what we have and add about 4 players, agreed.

X-Era
01-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Did you watch the playoffs?

We are not 4 players away.

It's funny but everybody kept saying we needed one more DT to compliment Tripplett. We got him, he played well, and we still sucked. Now, we just need one more and we'll be great. That's ridculous logic.

CB is the least of our problems. When you don't get to the QB, and you play Brady twice a year, you might want to actually get some DEs that can get to the QB. How good would are secondary play be had our sack total been double?

One more reciever to compliment Parrish, Reed, and ????

We are 10 players away, not 4.

Ridic man.

Name the stars on the Giants team. I honestly think we go head to head with them in almost every position. They have Shockey, Osi, Strahan, and who? We didnt get "playoffs Eli" this year from Trent, thats true. But id rather have this years Trent over last years Eli and I still would pick Trent over this years regular season Eli.

Seriously, Plax is no better in the regular season than Evans when our QB is playing steady.

I dont see 10 players, I see much more like 4. The key is that those 4 be stars IMO, not average players.

HAMMER
01-23-2008, 05:24 PM
HH and GR8 have vaulted to the forefront of zone whiners.

gr8slayer
01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I dont think you can factor a SB win or even an appearance in this conversation.
Yeah, we have a right to be ticked about not getting into the playoffs, but when you talk SB, you have teams that have never even been there let alone with in the past 20 years.

Arizona, Cincinnatti, Detroit, Cleveland, KC, Carolina, Jax, and the list goes on...

i agree about the playoff berth thing thougn, been way too long and there should be no more excuses.
So? I'm not a fan of those teams, I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills and until they are number one I won't be satisfied, I'm not satisfied with mediocrity.

gr8slayer
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
HH and GR8 have vaulted to the forefront of zone whiners.
Keep being happy with being second best, you'll be working for me someday :up:

raphael120
01-23-2008, 11:44 PM

Cincy was in Superbowl XVI.

KC was in Superbowl I.

Carolina was in Super Bowl XXXVIII

New Orleans never went to a Superbowl though, nor have the Texans.

So Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland, Jax, New Orleans, and the Texans are the 6 teams that havent.

Just clearin up the facts.

Thats close to 1 out of every 6 teams out of the NFL. Never knew that.

Buffatexas
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Cincy was in Superbowl XVI.

KC was in Superbowl I.

Carolina was in Super Bowl XXXVIII

New Orleans never went to a Superbowl though, nor have the Texans.

So Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland, Jax, New Orleans, and the Texans are the 6 teams that havent.

Just clearin up the facts.

Thats close to 1 out of every 6 teams out of the NFL. Never knew that.

please re-read my sentence about teams not being in the SB within the past 20 years. I gaffed on Carolina though

Buffatexas
01-24-2008, 07:34 AM
So? I'm not a fan of those teams, I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills and until they are number one I won't be satisfied, I'm not satisfied with mediocrity.

Just curious, if NE loses the SB this year, are they mediocre?

I never said you were a fan of any of those teams. Just pointing out that the Bills are not the only team in the league that has not won a SB but at least they were there. And dont sit there and put words in my mouth. I want a Bills win in the SB just as bad as anyone else but I will not sit here and bash them as long as I feel that they are making changes in order to get themselves to that point. And for the record, i do not agree with the FO's latest round of moves except the Turk promotion.

Teams get breaks, Miami did in the 70's, NE has gotten them since 2001, and I am sure we got ours in the first half of the 90's. That is the way it goes.

mybills
01-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Ridic man.

Name the stars on the Giants team. I honestly think we go head to head with them in almost every position. They have Shockey, Osi, Strahan, and who? We didnt get "playoffs Eli" this year from Trent, thats true. But id rather have this years Trent over last years Eli and I still would pick Trent over this years regular season Eli.

Seriously, Plax is no better in the regular season than Evans when our QB is playing steady.

I dont see 10 players, I see much more like 4. The key is that those 4 be stars IMO, not average players.
They have Shockey, Plax and Toomer. We have Evans and (?).

gr8slayer
01-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Just curious, if NE loses the SB this year, are they mediocre?

I never said you were a fan of any of those teams. Just pointing out that the Bills are not the only team in the league that has not won a SB but at least they were there. And dont sit there and put words in my mouth. I want a Bills win in the SB just as bad as anyone else but I will not sit here and bash them as long as I feel that they are making changes in order to get themselves to that point. And for the record, i do not agree with the FO's latest round of moves except the Turk promotion.

Teams get breaks, Miami did in the 70's, NE has gotten them since 2001, and I am sure we got ours in the first half of the 90's. That is the way it goes.
NE is already a legendary team. They have nothing to prove to anybody, they couldn't say that seven years ago but they sure as hell can now.

We on the other hand are born losers to this point, maybe someday it will change :pray:

mybills
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I want a Bills win in the SB just as bad as anyone else but I will not sit here and bash them as long as I feel that they are making changes in order to get themselves to that point.
:bf1: :10:

Wys Guy
01-24-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm sick of all this negativity.

Take it up with the organization. The fans can't help you.

Besides, we did not have a difficult schedule. We ranked 12th in schedule difficulty and most of that ranking had to do with the Pats. Subtract that off and our schedule was not difficult at all. For it to get any easier it would have to be somewhat absurd.

We had 11 very winnable games had we even been a mediocre team. Twice each v. the Jets and Fins, then the entire AFCN, then Philly, Washington, and Denver.

And no, the Steelers were not good. Just take a look at who they beat this season. Talk about easy schedules. Their schedule featured only three playoff teams and a dozen games against other scrub teams. Yet, they dusted us.

Besides, what kind of a fan are you? Would it make you happy if we played in the Western Athletic Conference but went undefeated and got an invite to the NFL playoffs as a result?

How about playing against WNY area powderpuff girls teams? Where would it end just so that you and other fans could "have a winning record?"

henrybacker
01-24-2008, 09:15 AM
7-9 teams are generally not too far from the playoffs, so i really dont understand the logic that we need to make dirastic moves.

How about teams that ranked where the Bills did on Offense and Defense? (around 30th). Would that wording better help you?

SquishDaFish
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
We need 1-2 IMPACT players on Defense, 2 more Quality WRs and 1-2 REAL TEs. Not to mention an upgrade at Center would be nice. And the main point is a REAL OC. Lets see how Tuk does hopefully doesnt have head up ass like ****Child

Wys Guy
01-24-2008, 09:39 AM
We need 1-2 IMPACT players on Defense, 2 more Quality WRs and 1-2 REAL TEs. Not to mention an upgrade at Center would be nice. And the main point is a REAL OC. Lets see how Tuk does hopefully doesnt have head up ass like ****Child

Start here:

Name all the players currently on the team that consistently make an impact?

Here are some, a few, examples of other players around the league that make one on a consistent basis in the varying positions:

Ed Reed
Cromartie
Shawn Merriman
Marcus Stroud
Justin Tuck
Braylon Edwards
Brandon Jacobs

These guys can dominate a game at their positions and singlehandedly determine the outcome at times as a result.

How many players on our team are there that are capable of doing that?

Dujek
01-24-2008, 09:52 AM
The Bills aren't a mile way from making the playoffs, but they are a long, long way from being able to win a playoff game. I think we need 4 players to make the playoffs, but 8 players to make a significant impact when we get there.

But, baby steps. 4 players for 2008 and a playoff spot would hopefully mean 4 more players for 2009 and hopefully a playoff win or two.

Buffatexas
01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Start here:

Name all the players currently on the team that consistently make an impact?

Here are some, a few, examples of other players around the league that make one on a consistent basis in the varying positions:

Ed Reed
Cromartie
Shawn Merriman
Marcus Stroud
Justin Tuck
Braylon Edwards
Brandon Jacobs

These guys can dominate a game at their positions and singlehandedly determine the outcome at times as a result.

How many players on our team are there that are capable of doing that?

Jason Peters for one, we saw what happened once he went out.

And I think you should make Jacobs/Bradshaw one impact player. Yes Jacobs is good solo, but I think Bradshaw gives Jacobs an extra breath to be able to pound it all game with max effort. Hopefully, we can have that with Lynch/Jackson.

acehole
01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
A run stuffing defensive tackle= pat Williams

Another quality linebacker = London Fletcher

Another quality cornerback = Nate Clement

How is that for logic.

To make our team a legit playoff team, i think we need 4 players.

A run stuffing defensive tackle

Another quality linebacker

Another quality cornerback

One more threat in the passing game, whether it is a reciever or a tight end.

The building blocks are there. We have a stud running a back, a legit #1 wide reciever, a probowl left tackle. 2 quality defensive starters returning from injury in Simpson and Poz. The only thing that is holding us back is the thing that has been holding us back for the last decade.

INCONSISTANT QUARTERBACK PLAY.

Since the day Jim Kelly walked into the sunset, we have not had a true quarterback, except for maybe Flutie. In the 8 year playoff drought, Johnson, Bledsoe, and Losman all were terribly inconsistant, we need stability at the position. If Trent Edwards can become that Quarterback we WILL be a playoff team, mark my words.

If we make quality moves in the offseason (always a question mark), we have an easier schedule next year playoffs can be a reality in '08. I think that is why Schonert was promoted, to keep continuity, rather than having to learn a whole new offense with a second year Quarterback at the helm.

tampabay25690
01-25-2008, 07:01 AM
WE are BUFFALO fans of course we will be pissed all the times.

How many times have we had our HEARTS broken!!!!!!

ENOUGH SAID

realdealryan
01-25-2008, 01:51 PM

If we were in the NFC West, things would be different. But we play the Patriots twice each year and lose each time. Until we can get over that hurdle or deadbeat dad Brady retires, we will feel like we need huge roster upheaval every offseason.

The one move that would get us to the playoffs would be to trade divisions with the Cardinals....

HAMMER
01-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Keep being happy with being second best, you'll be working for me someday :up:

It's not about being happy with second best and more about not being a repetitive, negative, monkey spank. No, I will never work for you. I am successful, and 10 years from retiring at 50. You on the other hand don't even have a degree yet.