• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Jackson or Sweed?

Hear me out:

Before Limas Sweed got hurt last year, he was, hands down the premeir WR in the draft. Nearly an entire season passes and Sweed is out of the limelight and guys like Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Mario Manningham, DeSean Jackson,and Adarius Bowman are in a fight for the number one WR in the draft.
    This past week, Sweed has re-emerged. He has run clean routes and made great catches. In short alot of positive buzz for a guy who slipped off the radar.

DeSean Jackson, is in my opinion, the best WR and playmaker in the draft. If you've seen him, you know. He has awesome hands. Faster than Lee(bigger too) And as agile as my boy Roscoe. He is a great replacement for Lee.( i doubt Lee will stick around after his contract is up.) his only downside is that he isnt the big possession WR we need right now.

My question for you is this, should we go for Sweed in the 1st? Get that Big, Physical WR we sorely need OR do we draft Jackson, the biggest playmaker in the draft and hope that a guy like Urritia is there in the later rounds, or try to pursue a big, Tall WR via free agency?(wilford?,Johnson?) or do we try to swing a trade that may cost us a 2nd round pick (Roy Williams)?

I'm asking this because against all logic, I think I want Jackson. Mcgee has lost a step. Jackson is Hester-esque in his run backs. He IS the best WR in the draft.

Sweed seems like the sure thing. He's not as intriguing as say, James Hardy, but is definatley the more mature and experienced WR in the draft.(if you didnt notice, 4 of the top 5 WRs in this years draft are juniors-Hardy-Jackson,Manningham,and Kelly) Limas Sweed in my opinion is the best WR for US in the draft. (James Hardy is a close 2nd).

The sure thing(s) or the playmaker? You make the call.
  • hydro014
    • May 2004

Re: Jackson or Sweed?

I dont think that their is a WR in this draft worth a top 20 pick. We are picking 11, which means we have a lot of needs, IMO more on D.

I think Jackson is to much like Evans and I dont want our #2 WR returning kicks (injury concerns) anyway.

Sweed is a 2nd rounder IMO and rookie WR take to long to develop (Moulds), we need help next year. Just look at Calvin Johnson this past year, best WR to come out in years and in an offense which throws all the time and he did nothing special. I know he fought injuries but when he was in he was not a consistant performer (Rookie), IMO he will be great but it will take some time.

IMO, I dont want sweed or Jackson, or any wideout in the 1st Round. I am ok with one in the 2nd (whichever one the bills think will develop in the next 1-3 years). I want a FA, Wilford or Johnson.

Comment

• Bone
      Bone
      • Oct 2006

My opinion.

1rd Dan Connor

2nd James Hardy

or

1rd Limas Sweed or Jackson

2rd Crable
      BILLIEVE

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

One vote for "C" none of the above..........

If you has to choose, hydro...........

Comment

• acattack15
          • Jan 2007

SWEED defnetly guys is a beast!!!! Go look at some highlight flm, hes got Roy Williams #2 written all over him!!! Trade down to 20 if u want value and grab another 3rd

or
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          With the 12th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select: Marshawn Lynch RB California
          -The future Pro Bowl RB of the NFL-

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Sweed. Trading down would be ideal. But, I heard Kelly was staying in school (any truth?), so there could be an unfortunate early run. Risky. Might just be best to stay put, and draft the best available in the second.

After some free agency, it will be much more clear.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Neither.

Marcus Monk in Rd 5.

Comment

• Bmax
                • Aug 2003

Connor is not a top 15 player either.....Top 20 yeah top 15 no.....

Bmax

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Sweed, we need someone that can make plays in the end zone and compliment our other WRs. Although doubt he'll make a huge impact as a rookie, as rookie WRs rarely do. In the short and long term he's a better all around option then DeSean Jackson who is has some size issues at 166#.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Sweed hasn't played since early October and went home Tuesday after dropping most every ball I saw thrown to him on TV. Now his wrist is hurt again.

He has the Indy Combine to make one last impression.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Desean Jackson is Ted Ginn with even less polish, only playmaking he'll be doing is off the punt returns.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Desean Jackson is Ted Ginn with even less polish, only playmaking he'll be doing is off the punt returns.
                        Isnt it opposite,,, isnt Jackson Ginn with more polish... Jackson is known for good route running.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          Isnt it opposite,,, isnt Jackson Ginn with more polish... Jackson is known for good route running.
                          Jackson's routes are good, they are sloppy, and rounded off. There is a reason why Cal struggled this season without Lynch.

Jackson had only 65 catches for 762 and 6 TD this past season

That was with his YPC, and TD numbers down from previous years. He was not open nearly as much as he was the last couple of seasons. His routes need a lot of work.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

I've downgraded Sweed to 2nd rd status. There is no way he's worth a #11 at this point. And I'd argue with you also that Desean Jackson is the only other premier WR. Assuming his current injury isn't severe, Doucet probably takes that spot. Malcolm Kelly appears the best suited out of all the WRs for the #11 spot for us - but even that is reaching a bit.

I'd love to move up and take Ellis in the 1st and in the 2nd, we could possibly grab Sweed if he's still there. If not, 3 names I've been keeping an eye on lately might be better for our 2nd rd: Lavelle Hawkins, Andre Caldwell and Donnie Avery.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                              • Sep 2002

Defense in the first round. We should be able to get a quality receiver in the second round.

Comment

Working...
                              X